APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose

Go down

2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose Empty 2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:22 am

This was posted at the official website for singer/guitarist Ajax Garcia and his band The Napoleon Blownaparts
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Loud Americana Media Group Sun- April - 004

Ajax would welcome a phone call from Axl Rose.

Yeah I was contacted by Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson on playing guitar for Guns N' Roses. I was told by a mutual friend that Axl Rose was interested in a possible replacement for Bucket Head so I expressed my interest, Made a call and Tommy called me back. That's about it. He didn't really elaborate about the status of G N' R's relationship with Bucket Head at the time but would only say he wanted to get back with me and would definitely let me know what's up when the timing was right. Tommy seemed like a real cool guy. I have yet to hear back from him though or anyone else from that camp but that doesn't mean that I would not welcome the opportunity to play guitar with Axl and company. In my opinion Axl Rose is an amazing personality and talent and though I am a bit reserved he reminds me allot of a dynamic version of my self. The real deal! In regards to the way he runs his show?  His business is his business. I run my show as well with The Blownaparts and it isn't easy. If something fucks up? I shoulder 100% of the blame and ultimately I always end up the bad guy. The general public has a hard time swallowing pills this big. Look at Morison, or Richards? hell what about Gene Simmons for that matter? he is super successful and so that makes him an easy target for criticism. Axl Rose knew what he wanted and he went for it and I have to commend him for that. Guns N' Roses are like the Stones, or Zep for my generation. I was part of the whole Generation X label and I remember the press trying to tag fucking Nirvana and Kurt Cobain as the voice of my generation. Kurt Cobain or Nirvana as a whole definitely did not speak to or for me like Guns did. They put it best for me in one song. "It's So Easy". Axl sang I see you standing there, you think you're so cool. Why don't you just fuck off!!! Keep on moving forward Guns N' Roses and if ya need? have Marshall n' Les Paul will travel (laughs).

https://web.archive.org/web/20040404161316/http://blownaparts.com/AAA.htm

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose Empty Re: 2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:24 am

Blabbermouth picked it up on April 15, 2004:
-------------------------------------------------------------

AJAX GARCIA: I Was Approached About Playing Guitar For GUNS N' ROSES

April 15, 2004

Ajax Garcia, founder of late '90s punk rock n' roll band THE NAPOLEON BLOWNAPARTS, was reportedly approached about filling the vacant guitarist slot in GUNS N' ROSES following the recent departure of Buckethead.

In a press release date April 7, 2004, Ajax explained how he came to be mentioned as a possible touring member of Axl Rose's new band:

"Yes I was contacted by GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson on playing guitar for GUNS N' ROSES," Ajax said in a statement. "I was informed by a mutual friend that Axl Rose was possibly interested in a replacement for Buckethead so I expressed my own interest. Mr. Stinson got the word and called me. He didn't really elaborate about the status of GN'R's relationship with Buckethead at the time but would only say that he wanted to get back with me and would definitely let me know what is up when the timing was right. Stinson seemed like a real cool guy but I have yet to hear back from him or anyone else from that camp. This doesn't mean that I would not welcome the opportunity to play guitar with the new version of GUNS N' ROSES.

"In my opinion Axl Rose is an amazing personality and talent. The real deal! In regards to the way he runs his show? His business is his business. I run my show as well with THE BLOWNAPARTS and it isn't easy. If something fucks up? The leader shoulders 100% of the blame and ultimately ends up the bad guy or the asshole.

"The general public has a hard time swallowing pills this big. Look at Morison, or Richards? Hell, what about Gene Simmons for that matter? He is super successful and so that makes him an easy target for criticism. Axl Rose knew what he wanted and he went for it and I commend him for that.

"GUNS N' ROSES are like the STONES, or ZEP for my generation. I was part of the whole Generation X label and I remember the press trying to tag NIRVANA and Kurt Cobain as the voice of my generation. Although they were great at what they did, Kurt Cobain or NIRVANA as a whole definitely did not speak too or for me like GUNS did.

"I always looked at GUNS N' ROSES and NIRVANA like THE BEATLES and the STONES with NIRVANA being THE BEATLES of course. GUNS put it best for me in one song, 'It's So Easy'. Axl sang I see you standing there, you think you're so cool. Why don't you just fuck off!!! That was some bad-ass shit, man.

"Keep on moving forward GUNS N' ROSES."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/ajax-garcia-i-was-approached-about-playing-guitar-for-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose Empty Re: 2004.04.04 - The Napoleon Blownaparts Website - Ajax Garcia Would Welcome A Phone Call From Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:27 am

On April 16, the following message from Guns N' Roses management was posted at the htgth message board:
A message from management;

- Please let everyone know we (including Tommy!) have never heard of Ajax and while we appreciate his kind words he should focus on letting his music do the talking rather than jumping on the GN'R band wagon. When asked Axl said, "I'd be wary of anyone who compared Nirvana to the Beatles." -
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=11810.msg203564#msg203564
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:34 am

Response from Ajax Garcia at his website:
Friday April 23rd 2004
The Loud Americana Group.

In response to Tommy Stinson and his management denying ever talking with Ajax (lead guitarist of The Napoleon Blownaparts) Ajax's manager had this to say.

Today I have been contacted by various reporters seeking a response to comments made by Axl Rose and his manager concerning a phone conversation between Ajax and Tommy Stinson. To date I have declined these requests. However, (Ajax requested that I stress this) with all due respect to Mr. Rose and GnR, Ajax stands by the original story as reported.

It’s also important to note that the story was altered and a misleading header was added by the press, probably to beef up interest. This story came on the heels of a massive ad campaign for Ajax/Blownaparts related promotions including the signing of a Napoleon Blownaparts and Black Vodka SEMdisc deal.

Ajax made a public remark concerning a phone conversation with the bassist and he was later advised to go into detail through a press release as we noticed his remarks hit the internet and they were altering quickly.

The singer's original remarks were light hearted and he jokingly admitted that a member of Guns N' Roses returned a phone call twice.

People should know that there is no doubt Mr. Stinson did call Ajax.

“This whole thing has just been blown way out of proportion, Ajax said. All I wanted to do was to show my interest in a jam with Rose (laughs).”

The initial press release from The Blownaparts management was simply intended to clarify that Ajax did, in fact have a phone conversation with Tommy Stinson, and not once did Ajax or anyone representing him report that he was asked to join Guns N' Roses.

Fans should also no that the singer/guitarist has no intensions of breaking up his current band or leaving it. Ajax would also like to assure his fans that he will release a new Blownaparts record by winter 2004.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040625095708/http://blownaparts.com/AAA.htm
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down