APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The Replacements Reunite for Covers EP

Go down

The Replacements Reunite for Covers EP Empty The Replacements Reunite for Covers EP

Post by Soulmonster Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:17 am

The Replacements Reunite for Covers EP
Singer Paul Westerberg and bassist Tommy Stinson record first new material since 2006
By Rob Tannenbaum
October 3, 2012 4:38 PM ET

For the first time since 2006, the Replacements have recorded new songs. In late September, singer Paul Westerberg and bassist Tommy Stinson spent a day in a Minneapolis studio and cut four cover songs that will be released later this year as a limited edition 10-inch vinyl EP. All 250 copies will auctioned online, and the proceeds will benefit Slim Dunlap, the Replacements' guitarist from 1987 to 1991, who had a severe stroke in February.

Replacements drummer Chris Mars "didn't want any part of this" reunion, Westerberg tells Rolling Stone. "I was not surprised, but I was a little disappointed." In Mars' place, Peter Anderson drummed, and Kevin Bowe (who was in Westerberg's solo band the last time he toured, in 2005) played guitar. With characteristic eclecticism, the Replacements recorded Dunlap's "Busted Up," "Everything's Coming Up Roses" from the Broadway musical Gypsy, Gordon Lightfoot's 1965 song "I'm Not Sayin'" and "Lost Highway" by Hank Williams. "Tommy and I strapped on guitars, not a word was said, and bang," says Westerberg. "We still rock like murder."

Westerberg has been ambivalent about a Replacements reunion since the band broke up in 1991, but he was persuaded by Dunlap's enthusiasm. "He's in rough shape. He's sort of paralyzed, he can move his leg a little bit. When I mentioned this, it seemed like something he really wanted to happen. 'You guys get together,' he said in a whisper. 'Go play a song.'"

Does this one-day reunion augur a new tour or album from the Replacements, one of the best American bands of the Eighties? "It's possible," Westerberg says. "After playing with Tommy last week, I was thinking, 'All right, let's crank it up and knock out a record like this.' I'm closer to it now than I was two years ago, let's say that."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-replacements-reunite-for-covers-ep-20121003#ixzz28JBRTfSw
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76676

Back to top Go down