APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada

2 posters

Go down

1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Empty 1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Date:
May 23, 1988.

Venue:
Winnipeg Arena.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Rocket Queen
04. Hair Of The Dog
05. Out Ta Get Me
06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
07. Welcome To The Jungle
08. Paradise City

Notes:
This is as far as we know the only time 'Hair Of The Dog' was played live by Guns N' Roses. It would later be recorded for 'The Spaghetti Incident!?'.

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Rightarrow Next concert: 1988.05.25.
1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Leftarrow Previous concert: 1988.05.20.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Empty Re: 1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:30 pm

Review in Winnipeg Free Press, May 24, 1988.

1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Winnip12
1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Winnip11

Transcription of the Guns N' Roses part:

Better live
Guns N' Roses managed to do the impossible for a rough-hewn metal act - it sounded better live than on vinyl. And singer W. Axl Rose is a completely commending presence on stage.

The band has mature songwriting and arranging ideas and played with dynamics under an appealing rough, explosive edge. far superior to Motley Crue and their ilk, Guns N' Roses deserves to be tough metal's next star.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada Empty Re: 1988.05.23 - Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg, Canada

Post by Blackstar Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:07 am

[Before Hair Of The Dog] Last night we got to see, in my opinion, one of the world's more underrated rock n' roll bands. And, you know, we're getting a lot of comparisons to, like, Aerosmith and shit, but if it wasn't for Dan McCafferty and Nazareth I wouldn't be singing. I used to lock myself in the bathroom and try to hit those notes in Love Hurts, you know? And the only way I was able to do that was by practicing with Unleashed in the East. So, I had to sing Judas Priest just so I could sing Nazareth - I don't understand that exactly. Anyway, they were celebrating their 20th anniversary, and of all of the bands we've met so far I think they had to be the fucking coolest to have towards us. We'll dedicate this to their 20 years and hope that we can last half as long.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down