APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The Replacements to reunite?

3 posters

Go down

The Replacements to reunite? Empty The Replacements to reunite?

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 pm

According to Idioteq.com, rumours have been circulating that The Replacements could be set to reunite for next year's edition of the Coachella Festival, which takes place next April in Indio, California.

According to a Facebook page created by fans, the reason the band, which broke up in 1991, should reunite for Coachella is because of the success of this year's performance, which featured the reunions of At The Drive-In and Refused.

The Replacements reportedly made at least three attempts to reunite; the first attempt came in 2002 when bassist Tommy Stinson planned to join singer Paul Westerberg's solo tour, but due to his commitments with Guns N' Roses, it didn't happen. Another near-reunion took place in 2006 when session drummer Josh Freese recorded two songs for the compilation album "Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?". The last attempt to reform the band came in April 2008 when Stinson said that he and Westerberg were in talks of getting back together, but no reunion has happened since.

The fans are making it clear that it doesn't have to be Josh Freese filling in for Chris Mars (who has been retired from the music business for more than 15 years) in any permanent capacity, and are instead suggesting possible guest drummers to be part of the reunion, including Grant Hart (Hüsker Dü), Atom Willard (Rocket From The Crypt, The Offspring, Angels & Airwaves and Social Distortion), Jimmy Chamberlin (The Smashing Pumpkins), Barrett Martin (Mad Season, Screaming Trees and Barrett Martin Group) or "just any perfect drummer".

The fans also want The Replacements to do more shows, with a possible new album to follow, if their performance at Coachella happens, and said that it would be "one hell of a reunion".
Source: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/the_replacements_plan_reunion_tour.html

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu May 24, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76772

Back to top Go down

The Replacements to reunite? Empty Re: The Replacements to reunite?

Post by Johan Thu May 24, 2012 2:22 pm

I would change the title, from this article I can only read that fans want them to reunite.

I hope it won't happen. We don't need more excuses for further delays in a new GNR album.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7419

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Indeed. I added a question mark.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Thu May 24, 2012 6:01 pm

The Replacements > GNR

sorry, but tis true

Plectra : 5408

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Subjective musical preferences can only be true for individuals. So yes, of course it is true that you prefer The Replacements over Guns N' Roses, but it is equally true that I do not.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 pm

I actually don't

Plectra : 5408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down