APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.05.19 - Daily Star Sunday - Slash’s Blue Over Lemmy

Go down

2024.05.19 - Daily Star Sunday - Slash’s Blue Over Lemmy Empty 2024.05.19 - Daily Star Sunday - Slash’s Blue Over Lemmy

Post by Blackstar Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Slash’s blue over Lemmy

STAR'S A BIG MISS ON NEW ALBUM

GUITAR legend Slash teamed up with the biggest rock stars on the planet for his new LP but there’s one voice he misses dearly.
Out now, Orgy Of The Damned is a collection of blues covers by Slash with Brian Johnson, Billy Gibbons and Iggy Pop happy to join in.

But did anyone refuse? No, but Slash would have loved late Motorhead star on the record.

Slash said: "The biggest one that bums me out was Lemmy. There was a moment there where I thought Lemmy would be great. I still haven't got used to the fact that he's not here, so that was the big one. Everybody I thought of was available."

All the guest are vocalists because, as Slash puts it: “I’m selfish. It’s my blues record I wanted to play guitar on. But to make a record with all these guitar players would be cool too."

Surprising is the absence of Slash's usual vocalists Myles Kennedy and Axl Rose. He explained: “It was my own side thing, so I wasn’t dragging my own guys in. Guns N’ Roses are trying to make their own record and I'm working with them in that capacity but this didn't involve anyone else.

"For me, making a record is just a vehicle to perform it, so I'm doing a blues festival in the US in August with other great players on it. We are flying by the seat of our pants but if it goes well we want to do it every year as a fund-raiser and hopefully bring it to Europe.”

LISTEN UP: NEW ALBUM

SLASH / Orgy Of The Damned

NOT so much an orgy as a cheeky smooch, the Guns N’ Roses guitarist switches from rock to blues. Iggy Pop, AC/DC and ZZ Top guest, but Demi Lovato steals the show with Papa Was A Rolling Stone. Some of the covers are too obvious, yet Slash’s dazzling guitar licks ensure listeners have as much fun as he is.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2024.05.19 - Daily Star Sunday - Slash’s Blue Over Lemmy Empty Re: 2024.05.19 - Daily Star Sunday - Slash’s Blue Over Lemmy

Post by Blackstar Fri May 24, 2024 2:27 am

It turns out that the article is based on this interview:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8392-2024-04-26-rock-antenne-interview-with-slash
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down