APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1989.10.19 - Los Angeles Coliseum, Los Angeles, USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1989.10.19 - Los Angeles Coliseum, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 am

Date:
October 19, 1989.

Venue:
Los Angeles Coliseum.

Setlist:
01. Mr. Brownstone
02. It's So Easy
03. Out Ta Get Me
04. Move to the City
05. Patience
06. Rocket Queen
07. Sweet Child O'Mine
08. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
09. Welcome to the Jungle
10. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Quotes:
[...]The next day, Doug [Goldstein] told me that Axl would play for the remaining shows as long as I apologized, onstage, to the audience, for being a junkie. [...] So when the time came, I walked out there, and rather than apologize, I went into some banter about heroin and what it can do to you and how we'd been around the block a few times, how I'd done my time with the seductive beast. It was more amusing than anything else, because I didn't want to bring the audience down at all. I have a way of mumbling when I talk anyway, so I think the mention of "the reality of drugs" and whatever else I said came off as an apology enough. We did a long into to "Mr. Brownstone" as I spoke, so from an audience perspective, it seemed like an impromptu introduction to the song. Whatever it was and wasn't, once Doug told Axl that I did it (because he refused to leave the dressing room until I did), Axl was pleased and the vibe of the whole band turned around as he walked out onstage and we launched into "Mr. Brownstone." Suddenly our camaraderie returned; once those personal issues were handled, we were able to focus on the playing. That second show was fine [...] [Slash's autobiography, p 277-278]
Next concert: 1989.10.21.
Previous concert: 1989.10.18.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50119

Back to top Go down

Re: 1989.10.19 - Los Angeles Coliseum, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue May 06, 2014 8:53 am

From Ocala Star-Banner, October 22, 1989:

Soulmonster
Tour plane captain