APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.04.01 - The Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA, USA

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2016.04.01 - The Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA, USA - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016.04.01 - The Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sat May 20, 2023 6:32 am

I ran over there. It was exciting. I mean, come on. They're a stadium act playing a small room. The energy and anticipation in that room was crazy before they came up. It was high energy.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76771

Back to top Go down

2016.04.01 - The Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA, USA - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016.04.01 - The Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:02 am

Talking about the pressure before the show:

Oh, you know there's always a little bit of pressure I guess, you know, at the level that the band plays at and what people expect, I suppose. Not so much for me, more for the other guys I guess. It was it was a little bit emotional, I think for me, I'd spent so many nights at the Troub, I used to sleep upstairs at the Troubadour when I didn't have a place to stay, you know. So a lot of history in that place. First gig I ever did in LA was at the Troubadour. So that was amazing. But there was, you know, so many [?] just people I hadn't seen in a long time. And you know, there was, there was TV and and everything there. So it was a big deal. It was kind of a whirlwind, you know, just kind of flew by, but, man, it felt right. It really did it. It was a great way to kick things off, that's for sure, you know? So yeah, it was great.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:01 am

It wasn't even the gig so much as showing up for soundcheck and being in this venue that we got our start in. I have a history going back there to when I first moved to Los Angeles — 6 or 7 years old and going with my parents to see Linda Ronstadt. That afternoon loading in and getting set up for soundcheck, that was a very surreal moment for me.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:34 pm

The first show that we did was magic. That was unbelievable.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 03, 2024 8:37 am

The Troubadour was surreal, like some kind of magical night. In that place we had our musical beginnings, so it was also emotionally charged. We haven't played there since the 80s. It was a crazy and memorable moment.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 06, 2024 12:28 pm

It felt right, it felt normal, and it felt like we hadn't skipped a beat.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun May 12, 2024 12:33 pm

I've gotta say, and I can't really say it enough -- just the fact that we got together way before that and communicated and talked would have a lasting effect on me personally. Then [we thought], 'Okay, well, [let's] try some gigs. Coachella wants us to play. That's two weekends. We can do that. Why don't we do something on April 1st, April Fools' Day? Announce it maybe with a question mark.' But Axl, third song in, breaks his foot at the Troubadour. A nerve-racking thing that show, 'cause it was first time back. And then there was a monitor thing. I saw it. He's pretty athletic too -- he can bounce around and do stuff. He slipped on that thing, and on his mic, he goes, 'I think I broke my foot.' But he got on and finished the set. And I'm, like, 'Okay. Maybe he sprained it.' No, but he broke his foot in six places. But we continued on -- he wanted to continue on. I think it was a call to arms for him.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3