APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.09.28 - Facebook - Statement from Richard (regarding his injury)

Go down

2015.09.28 - Facebook - Statement from Richard (regarding his injury) Empty 2015.09.28 - Facebook - Statement from Richard (regarding his injury)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:29 am

Since The Dead Daisies have now announced that I am not going to be able to do the Australian tour, I'd like to share my statement here-

On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident.  As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion.

Amazingly, my doctors have assured me that I will make a full recovery.  I have never missed a show in my entire career and unfortunately, I will have to miss the entire Australian and New Zealand leg of this tour.  I am devastated that I will not be able to play for the Australian and New Zealand fans, who have been so supportive and loyal.  

I am healing quickly and getting stronger by the day. I'm looking forward to rejoining the Daisies for the KISS Kruise as well as the Whitesnake tour and our own tour of the UK and France.

I’d like to thank everyone for their well-wishes and can’t wait to be back in Australia very soon.  rf
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1062701763741963&id=118315201513962

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2015.09.28 - Facebook - Statement from Richard (regarding his injury) Empty Re: 2015.09.28 - Facebook - Statement from Richard (regarding his injury)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:36 am

Related article on Blabbermouth, same date:
------------------------------------------------------

Guns N' Roses Guitarist Richard Fortus Injured In 'Motorcycle Accident'

Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus will miss the upcoming Australian tour from his other band The Dead Daisies due to what has been described as "a bit of a motorcycle accident."

Explained Fortus in a statement: "On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion. Amazingly, my doctors have assured me that I will make a full recovery.

"I have never missed a show in my entire career, and, unfortunately, I will have to miss the entire Australian and New Zealand leg of this tour.

"I am devastated that I will not be able to play for the Australian and New Zealand fans who have been so supportive and loyal.

"I am healing quickly and getting stronger by the day.

"I'm looking forward to rejoining the Daisies for the Kiss Kruise as well as the Whitesnake tour and our own tour of the U.K. and France.

"I'd like to thank everyone for their well-wishes and can't wait to be back in Australia very soon."

Fortus's replacement for The Dead Daisies' Australian dates, which will see them supporting KISS, will be Richard Leslie, who stated about the task: "Richard Fortus is an amazing guitar player and I'm really thrilled to be asked to cover for him. I am going to have to pack an extra bag of socks, because his are extremely big shoes to fill!"

The Dead Daisies are a powerful musical collective created by a rotating lineup that features some of the world's best rock musicians. Influenced by '70s and early '80s hard rock, the Daisies' sound is soulful and accessible-equal parts The Faces, Bad Company and Foreigner: muscular vocals, bluesy riffs, big choruses, powerful melodies and strong hooks.

The Dead Daisies' second album, titled "Revolucion", was released in June via INgrooves.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-injured-in-motorcycle-accident
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down