APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy)

Go down

2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy) Empty 2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy)

Post by Blackstar Sat May 14, 2022 2:59 pm

Scott Weiland Does Not Seem Happy to Be in New Supergroup

The former Stone Temple Pilots singer distances himself from new group Art of Anarchy

By Jason Newman

On Wednesday, a press release went out noting the formation of Art of Anarchy, a new supergroup featuring Disturbed bassist John Moyer, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, brothers Jon and Vince Votta and Scott Weiland on vocals. But as Weiland hinted in a Facebook post Wednesday night, the band may have overplayed the singer’s future involvement in the self-described “mega group.”

“I just saw some press about a side project called Art of Anarchy that I worked on last year,” Weiland wrote. “I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too; we had a lot of fun.” While the band noted that “2015 will be a big year for Art of Anarchy,” it appears it won’t be with Weiland’s help. The former Stone Temple Pilots frontman employed a passive-aggressive tone to show that his involvement was limited to the group’s studio recordings.

“When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out,” wrote the singer. “In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS.”

In an exclusive statement to Rolling Stone, Thal wrote that the group is not intended to be competition for Weiland’s other band. “Art of Anarchy is not competition or a threat or interference to what any of us are doing – it’s a complement, an addition, one I’m proud of creatively,” Thal said in an e-mail. “No need to minimize or undermine or devalue a project we all worked on together over the course of two years. I enjoyed working with Scott. And I’m looking forward to the Wildabouts album release, the Bumblefoot album release, and the Art of Anarchy album release. The more music the better, it’s what we do, right? 🙂 Artists do collaborations and a month later, their own album comes out. This is normal stuff. All good. Smile

Thal went on to take a diplomatic approach to Weiland’s contention that he would not be performing with the group on any live dates, noting that the group doesn’t know if they’ll even tour. “The five of us made an album together. Scott is currently the singer of the band. It’s in writing; no confusion,” added Thal. “But yes, Scott’s solo album and tour are his priority and we’re all on the same page about getting another vocalist if Art of Anarchy hits the road. But we don’t need to cross that bridge just yet. Taking everything as it comes, one step at a time, letting it evolve organically. Where it goes from here (and with who!) is yet to be seen.”

While Thal says the band hopes to release the album this spring, Weiland will release Blaster, his debut LP with the Wildabouts, on March 31st via Softdrive Records. “[2008’s] “Happy” in Galoshes was an experimental art record, for the most part,” he told Rolling Stone. “Blaster is definitely a band sound: a stripped-down, furry sound with a lot of space between the notes. But it’s tight and to-the-point while keeping that garage rock vibe to it.”

While it’s unclear how much camaraderie Weiland has with his Art of Anarchy bandmates, the singer told Rolling Stone earlier this month that the chemistry with the Wildabouts renewed his love of making an album. “If you take out the fact that we had to break up the recording process when touring, the album came very easily because of the vibe between the band members,” Weiland said. “The sound we were getting felt original and infectious and brought me back to the feelings I had when I made my first couple records. Just excitement, feeling invigorated. Youthful.”

Weiland will appear at the upcoming Sundance Film Festival before starting a cross-country tour February 22nd in Scottsdale, Arizona.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/scott-weiland-does-not-seem-happy-to-be-in-new-supergroup-240649/#ixzz3Pab9fqri
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy) Empty Re: 2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy)

Post by Blackstar Sat May 14, 2022 3:05 pm

Billboard, January 24, 2015:
-----------------------------------

Scott Weiland on Art of Anarchy Supergroup Confusion: ‘I Was Never in the Band’

By Joe Lynch

While chatting with Billboard at Sundance 2015, Scott Weiland cleared up some of the confusion over a rock supergroup some people think he’s in.

According to a press release that went out Wednesday, Weiland fronts Art of Anarchy, a rock supergroup featuring Disturbed bassist John Moyer, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Jon & Vince Votta.

Scott Weiland, however, disagrees with that presumptuous piece of paper.

“I was never in the band,” Weiland says definitively of Art of Anarchy. “It was something I did when I wasn’t doing anything. I was asked to write some lyrics and sing some melodies on this project, but it’s not a band I’m in. This is my band,” he added, nodding to Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts.

Weiland’s actual band will release its debut LP, Blaster, this March. Weiland tells Billboard why the Wildabouts work so well together. “It helps when you’re friends and we had the same idea of what sound we wanted to go for,” he says. “I’ve been playing with these guys for nine years.”

https://www.billboard.com/culture/tv-film/scott-weiland-wildabouts-art-of-anarchy-6450824/

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy) Empty Re: 2015.01.22 - Rolling Stone - Statement from Bumblefoot (regarding Arts Of Anarchy)

Post by Blackstar Sat May 14, 2022 5:49 pm

Interview with Weiland, The Daily Beast, February 5, 2015:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[...]

Weiland also made headlines recently for his stint with band Art of Anarchy, who announced him as their singer, a position he denies occupying.

“It was a project I did where I was just supposed to have written the lyrics and melodies for this band that I’d never heard of, and I was paid to do it,” he explained, frustration clear in his voice. “And so I did it, and did some production work on it, and the next thing I knew there were press releases that I was in the band. I mean, I did one photo shoot with them, ‘cause it was part of the deal, but I’m not in the band.”

While shooting photos and writing music with a band does, in fact, seem like it could make your membership, or lack of thereof, confusing to the other members, Weiland was very firm on this point.

“I wish them all the best once they find a singer, I hope they do well, but this is my band.”

[...]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scott-weiland-on-rock-a-new-band-and-getting-burned-by-fashion
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down