APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE

2 posters

Go down

Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE Empty Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Although it is not official yet, GN'R seems set to play a gig in Argentina on October 8. Thin Lizzy is going to start their North America tour on October 10, and Richard has now posted this tour on his official web page in the "On Tour" section, indicating that he will continue to be their guitarist for this tour also. This doesn't necessarily conflict with the Argentina date, but if more GN'R gigs are to follow (speculations abound) then Richard must choose and if we are to take his web page seriously, that choice is Thin Lizzy.

Richard has chosen not to comment on this rumour.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77293

Back to top Go down

Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE Empty Re: Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm

richardfortus Yes, i will make all scheduled Gn'R shows. Trying to figure out my schedule with Thin Lizzy. Priority remains Guns n' Roses

Clear answer to that rumour Smile

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE Empty Re: Richard to prioritize Thin Lizzy? - FALSE

Post by Johan Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I already figured it was all shit speculating on the fora, without anything going on. Fortus would never choose for Thin Lizzy, in many aspects much more a 'coverband' than GNR is to a lot of people. Plus they play a lot smaller venues.

It was cool seeing them with Richard at Hellfest last month. I might catch them again in Belgium on sunday if I decide to go to the Lokerse feesten (Dream Theater!)
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7575

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Does he play the same way with Thin Lizzy as with GN'R? I am thinking about how he aggressively bang on the guitar. Or does he have a completely different "image"?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 pm

He plays quite close to the original TL feel. He looks similar though Wink
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7575

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 am

And just to confirm this once and for all:

THIN LIZZY has recruited guitarist Damon Johnson (ALICE COOPER, BROTHER CANE) to replace Richard Fortus on the band's forthcoming U.S. tour with JUDAS PRIEST. Fortus will be on the road with GUNS N' ROSES for the remainder of the year.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162541

LOCKED.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down