APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D Empty Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:34 am

I think maybe I should have just one Guns And Roses Corner instead of starting a new Thread Everytime I have a question/thought  about Guns And Roses because starting a new thread for a bunch of thoughts/questions could get annoying really fast. So I think a Corner where I can post my thoughts and questions about Guns And Roses is ideal. 😀😏

Last edited by Karice on Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Karice
Karice

Plectra : 750

Back to top Go down

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:15 am

I think that's a great idea Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 50801

Uli and Karice like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:25 am

@Blackstar wrote:I think that's a great idea Smile

Thanks! 😀
Karice
Karice

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:40 am

Hey, I have a question for you to start this off, why do you insist on writing the band name wrong? It's Guns N' Roses.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 68350

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:10 am

@Soulmonster wrote:Hey, I have a question for you to start this off, why do you insist on writing the band name wrong? It's Guns N' Roses.

I am a newer Fan, and also, I heard the name as Guns And Roses when I learned who they were, so it's what sounded natural to me. I can call it Guns N' Roses from now on to be respectful to fellow Guns N' Roses Fans. 😀
Karice
Karice

Soulmonster and Uli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:56 pm

Do you support your Band Brother(s) or your Fans in an incident like the St. Louis Concert where Axl stormed off in a Concert? All four of the Guns Brothers left with him, leaving their Fans confused and angry resulting in a Riot. Slash did seem to give a "I'm sorry," gesture to the Fans before they left with their tempermental Rose Brother, which was a nice gesture. I personally think all four Guns leaving with him was a ballsy move.

Why not just send one Guns Brother (Let's say Izzy since Izzy showed the most concern for Axl) to go support Axl, a simple,"Hey, Izzy, wanna go support Axl while we finish the set? We three can go check on Axl after this set. " And Izzy could maybe go drink some Coca Cola with Axl, make Axl laugh and calm down while Slash, Duff, and Steven finish the set? I mean, Axl just needed one Gun Brother to support him in that incident, not all four of them.
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Get In The Ring SHOCKED and concerned me the first time I heard it, but it's beginning to seem kind of humorous to me now. Axl's just Straight up starts freestyle rapping in it, and roasting People in it. Kind of humorous really. 🤣
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:19 am

@Soulmonster wrote:Hey, I have a question for you to start this off, why do you insist on writing the band name wrong? It's Guns N' Roses.

I also got Axl's name wrong when looking up Paradise City. 😏😉 I searched on YouTube,"Paradise City Axel." YouTube asked,"Did you mean,"Paradise City Axl?" 😏😉
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:19 pm

I have a Friend who says she's a Fan of Guns N' Roses, but what she REALLY is is a Fan of Axl Rose... Is that wrong? 🤔🤐

A good example is if you claim to be a Fan of KISS but what you REALLY are is a fan of Gene Simmons, can you REALLY claim you are a KISS Fan? 🤐🤔
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Supplement to above post. My Friend told me she kind of feels weird and guilty for claiming to be a Guns N' Roses Fan when she is actually an Axl Rose Fan, not technically a Guns N'Roses Fan... Any advice for her? 🤐🤔 Should she feel guilty and weird about this? zipper_mouth:🤔 She feels bad about this and like she will look bad in the Guns N' Roses Fan Community.....
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:46 pm

She shouldn't worry too much. I don't think she should feel "guilty" - many "fans" do have their "favorite" in a group, so what? Some like the whole package, some prefer Slash or Duff or Axl or...

Of course, if she doesn't like the music at all, that would be weird! Mini shock
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 8233

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:59 pm

@Uli wrote:She shouldn't worry too much. I don't think she should feel "guilty" - many "fans" do have their "favorite" in a group, so what? Some like the whole package, some prefer Slash or Duff or Axl or...

Of course, if she doesn't like the music at all, that would be weird! Mini shock

She definitely likes the music. 😀😉 Glad to hear that she shouldn't feel guilty and weird  about being a Fan of Axl Rose rather than Guns N'Roses themselves. 😀😉 To be honest, Axl is my favorite Guns N'Roses Member myself. 😀😉

Slash is my second favorite Guns N'Roses Member. 😉😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:42 am

Who are your favorite Guns N'Roses Members? 😀😉😏

Mine are Axl Rose and Slash. 😀😏😉

What about you? 😉😏😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:15 am

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsS3er_PTTGshK_-S4ZTeKQXeLu_lOzXMAuvYOQlcc5CkvfuTrTNJq0RSVo5Sdxs7Tvjs&usqp=CAU

ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:25 am

@Karice wrote:Who are your favorite Guns N'Roses Members? 😀😉😏

Mine are Axl Rose and Slash.  😀😏😉

What about you? 😉😏😀

I don't have any favorite member as far as idolizing any of them. Of the classic five, they all have some serious flaws and I am way past the point in my life where I am that kind of fanboy.

But as far as musicianship goes, I think it must be Axl, Slash and Josh. It was the sound of Slash and Axl that first got me hooked. Although Izzy, Duff and Steven also contributed to the awesomeness of Appetite, Slash and Axl stands out, both because they have the melodic leads which are the first thing I hear and pay attention to, but also because they were so good at what they did. They are both extremely talented musicians/performers.

I also have a soft spot for Josh's drumming based on the Village leaks, and I'm generally not a drum guy. Very rarely do I pay much attention to drums, to me it just helps keep the beat and let the lead guitarist and vocalist shine, but in Josh's case it catches my attention in a different way.

Then of course there's been so many gifted musicians involved in the band, but have had a short involvement or hasn't really got the opportunity to shine. Some of them have been kind of nondescript. And some of these other members may actually, on a human level, be worthy of some fan admiration/idolization, but again, way past that point in my life.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:20 pm

Question about Appetite For Destruction album Cover, Skull and Celtic Cross Version. Why is the Axl Skull(Skull with Red Bandana and blonde hair) on the right side of the cross and not the Middle of it? Axl is the Center of Guns N'Roses, so the Axl Skull should have been on the Center of the cross, not the right side of it. 🤔😶🤨
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:35 pm

@Karice wrote:Question about Appetite For Destruction album Cover, Skull and Celtic Cross Version. Why is the Axl Skull(Skull with Red Bandana and blonde hair) on the right side of the cross and not the Middle of it? Axl is the Center of Guns N'Roses, so the Axl Skull should have been on the Center of the cross, not the right side of it. 🤔😶🤨
The skull on the right (with the red bandana) is Duff. Axl is on the center - he has red hair.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Karice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:49 pm

@Blackstar wrote:

@Karice wrote:Question about Appetite For Destruction album Cover, Skull and Celtic Cross Version. Why is the Axl Skull(Skull with Red Bandana and blonde hair) on the right side of the cross and not the Middle of it? Axl is the Center of Guns N'Roses, so the Axl Skull should have been on the Center of the cross, not the right side of it. 🤔😶🤨

The skull on the right (with the red bandana) is Duff. Axl is on the center - he has red hair.

Thank you for the answering insight! 😀 I heard that only Axl wears red bandanas, so that's why I was confused on why the skull with the red bandana was on the right side of the cross and not the bottom. Also I read that Axl has strawberry blonde hair, so I assumed that maybe the artist just forgot to add the "Strawberry," to Axl's blonde hair. 😉 It does make sense that Axl really us in the middle, but I'm confused  on why the Axl skull in the middle with red hair isn't wearing a red bandana since it is said Axl wears red bandanas. The Axl skull looks like it is wearing a blue cap,
that not so much a bandana.

About the other skulls, Slash is either the bottom or the top(Skull with hat) I guess maybe Steven or Izzy is the left.... 🤔
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:13 pm

@Karice wrote:
Thank you for the answering insight! 😀 I heard that only Axl wears red bandanas, so that's why I was confused on why the skull with the red bandana was on the right side of the cross and not the bottom. Also I read that Axl has strawberry blonde hair, so I assumed that maybe the artist just forgot to add the "Strawberry," to Axl's blonde hair. 😉 It does make sense that Axl really us in the middle, but I'm confused  on why the Axl skull in the middle with red hair isn't wearing a red bandana since it is said Axl wears red bandanas. The Axl skull looks like it is wearing a blue cap,

About the other skulls, Slash is either the bottom or the top(Skull with hat) I guess maybe Steven or Izzy is the left.... 🤔

Duff wore bandanas sometimes in the early days when that design was made

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D Gettyi14

And Axl wore various hats.

Slash is at the bottom (top hat) and the other two are easy to figure out, since Steven is blonde and Izzy is dark-haired.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:15 am

@Blackstar wrote:
@Karice wrote:

Duff wore bandanas sometimes in the early days when that design was made

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D Gettyi14

And Axl wore various hats.

Slash is at the bottom (top hat) and the other two are easy to figure out, since Steven is blonde and Izzy is dark-haired.

So, let's see if I passed the "Whose Appetite For Destruction skull is it Test." 😉😀

Axl. Middle Skull with red hair and blue hat
Duff. Skull on right with Blonde hair and red bandana
Slash. Skull on bottom with top hat and black hair.
Izzy. Skull on top with black hair and black hat.
Steven. Skull on left with Blonde hair.

😀😉
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:54 am

People  say that the man who sings Welcome To The Jungle and Paradise City is the same man who sings Patience and November Rain. Lies! There's no way that that high pitched and loud voiced man who sings Welcome To The Jungle and Paradise City is the same man who sings the deep and low Patience and November Rain! Post is made in jest and light-heartedness. 😉😀

People also say that man who does the sexy snake dance is the same man who dances very silly, out of step, and hilarious Riverdance jig! Lies!(There is a video of Middle aged Axel doing silly Riverdance jig moves, it's so cute and hilarious, he looks more like Axl's drunk Dad trying to imitate Axl's dance moves than Axl himself. 🤣😉😀

People say that there are NOT Multiple lead Singers for Guns N'Roses, lies!

This post once again is made in jest and light-heartedness. 😉😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:34 am

Funny Axl Rose moments? 🤣

The one where Axl playfully played with his Little Axl on stage was funny and shocking and had the vibe of,"Only Axl could get away with playing with his Little Axl on stage! 🤣😏
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm

So, there is a Website that ONLY list Axl as Singer for the original Guns N'Roses. They wrote something like,"Axl. Vocals. Izzy. Secondary  Guitar. Slash. Lead Guitar. Steven. Drums. Duff. Snare. They made it seem like only Axl sang on the original Guns N'Roses. I was thinking of Sweet Child Of Mine and thinking,"No way is Axl singing,"Where do we go?" Parts all by himself! You can definitely hear that he has backing voices harmonizing with him/helping him out!'

I also thought," It's possible that he's self harmonizing all the time where he sings different notes at around the same time doing self backing vocals, like Mariah Carey can and did/does but something told me that wasn't the case. He does do self backing/self harmonizing, but he doesn't do this all the time.

Multiple Websites say stuff like," Lead Vocals. Axl. Duff. Backing vocals. Steven. Backing Vocals." I was like,"I knew that first Website was wrong! There is no way Axl is the ONLY singer for the original Guns N'Roses when you can clearly hear other voices singing with him! Lead Vocals, sure, but he is clearly not the ONLY singer and neither is he self harmonizing/using self backing vocals all the time!"

Last edited by Karice on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:55 pm

You are right, other band members provided background singing at times, and for some albums also lead vocals (like Duff and Izzy on the UTIs and Slash on Spaghetti Incident). But Axl also did a lot of harmonizing with himself, also on Appetite. So often when you think there are additional singers, it is actually just layered Axl vocals. The chorus of Locomotive is a great example of that.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:41 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:You are right, other band members provided background singing at times, and for some albums also lead vocals (like Duff and Izzy on the UTIs and Slash on Spaghetti Incident). But Axl also did a lot of harmonizing with himself, also on Appetite. So often when you think there are additional singers, it is actually just layered Axl vocals. The chorus of Locomotive is a great example of that.

I think Sweet Child Of Mine has Axl harmonizing with himself, and it also has Izzy and Duff helping him out, particularly in the, "Where do we go?" Parts. 😀😉😏 So it sounds like 4 different People when it is really 3 people. 😉😀😏 Which is why that part sounds so incredibly good. 😏😀😉

Edit. Just listened to,"Where do we go," part from Sweet Child Of Mine like a couple of minutes ago. Duff and Izzy ACTUALLY start singing lead on that part and then Axl backs them up,  a wonderful treat. 😀 This is a rare moment where the lead Singer lets the backup singers sing lead and he sings backup for them. 😀 Axl then harmonizes with himself, Duff, and Izzy at virtually the same time and then interrupts himself to sing,"Iyyiyiyiyi," part while Izzy and Duff continue singing,"Where do we go?" Then Axl is singing,"Where do we go?" Part all by himself, with no harmonizing with himself or Duff or Izzy. It's just Axl belting out, ,"Where do we go?" Like 5 times loud and clear by himself. He then sings,"No, no, no, no, no!" Also, there is adlibs in the back saying stuff like,"Sweet Child,"SCOM really is a fantastic song, especially this part. 😀 All three Singers really blend together well. 😀
Karice
Karice

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:14 am

I was APPALLED by My World the very first time I heard it, like, 😱😬😳🤨😶🧐 was my face when I heard it. Guns N'Roses Fans were like,"My World is Axl's playful,"Illusion 2 album was a depressing drag. Time for me to show my playful and hilarious side now, my,"I don't give a f," side." 🤣

A Fan even said something like,"I enjoy My World much more than November Rain." I thought something like,"This Fan enjoys My World much more than November Rain? Lies." But the Fan was serious. Other Fans were like "My World is the perfect way to end Use Your Illusion Part 2. Short, sweet, and hilarious. Illusion Part 2 is pretty depressing and disturbing, and My World actually alleviates a lot of the tension that is present throughout most of Illusion Part 2.

When Guns N'Roses Fans put it in perspective like that, it does make My World seem a LOT better than the appalling song I perceived it to be at first listen. 🤔😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:57 pm

Just how many Music Genres DOES Axl embody? 😏🧐😀🤔

He can go from hard Rock(Welcome To The Jungle), heavy metal(It's So Easy), Folk(Civil War) Psychedelic Rock(Live And Let Die, Knocking On Heaven's Door/Doe Wah), 😉 Rap(My World, Get In The Ring), Soft Rock(Patience, Sweet Child Of Mine, November Rain), Country(Bad Obsession). He embodies at least 7 Music Genres. 😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:42 am

Personally, I listen to many kinds of music, mostly rock & pop, but it can be classical or jazz or folk as well if it fits the mood!
I think a musician should not be limited to just one genre. For many musicians, it is a journey and they touch on different genres during this.

For GN'R, I don't see they "left" their genre with "softer" songs like Patience, Sweet Child O'Mine etc., because it is "common" for hardrockers to release a "ballad" once in a while!

Of course, "My World" is very different as to what the fans were expecting. I can't see anything wrong with experimentation (it shouldn't go too far - I like listening to a song, not just "noises").

When Axl & his new band were about to create the "Chinese Democracy" album, they were leaning more towards "industrial rock" at first. Interesting, but not necessarily what the average GN'R fan did expect...
To be honest, I did not enjoy "Oh my God" at first, but in the meantime I came to like it. Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 8233

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:51 am

@Uli wrote:Personally, I listen to many kinds of music, mostly rock & pop, but it can be classical or jazz or folk as well if it fits the mood!
I think a musician should not be limited to just one genre. For many musicians, it is a journey and they touch on different genres during this.

For GN'R, I don't see they "left" their genre with "softer" songs like Patience, Sweet Child O'Mine etc., because it is "common" for hardrockers to release a "ballad" once in a while!

Of course, "My World" is very different as to what the fans were expecting. I can't see anything wrong with experimentation (it shouldn't go too far - I like listening to a song, not just "noises").

When Axl & his new band were about to create the "Chinese Democracy" album, they were leaning more towards "industrial rock" at first. Interesting, but not necessarily what the average GN'R fan did expect...
To be honest, I did not enjoy "Oh my God" at first, but in the meantime I came to like it. Cool

Yep, many hard Rockers do release Ballads. 😉😏 A Music Fan said something like,"Hard Rockers usually have at least one soft song to raise your lighters to." 🤣 Brett Michaels has Every Rose Has Its Thorn(Which the song title would have been better suited for Guns N'Roses than Poison. 😉😏) Guns N'Roses has November Rain, Don't Cry, Patience, Sweet Child Of Mine. 😀

Last edited by Karice on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Karice
Karice

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:36 am

I was looking up a Music Subtrope on TV Tropes and they had a list of Rock Songs. They mentioned Iron Maiden and I was thinking,"Axl and the lead singer of Iron Maiden seem to have similar gusto in their songs. The lead Singer of Iron Maiden is older than Axl. I wonder if Axl was partially influenced by the lead singer of Iron Maiden. 😀😏 Listen to the end of,"Run To The Hills," especially,"Run for your Liiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeefffffffeee!" And compare it to Welcome To The Jungle, "
"You're gonna Diiiiiiiieeeeeeyooooooow!" 😏😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum