APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Something new for RIR? - FALSE

4 posters

Go down

Something new for RIR? - FALSE Empty Something new for RIR? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 25, 2011 11:07 am

GN'R seems to have a special relationship with RIR and those concerts are usually memorable. Because of this the fans hope and even expect something new this time. It would be a logical -- not that that word means much in the GN'R camp -- start of raising interest in a follow-up to Chinese Democracy.

Guns N' Roses was asked on twitter a few hours ago:

Leonardo Moreira
@gunsnroses Are you preparing something new to rock in rio???

@leotri "always prepping for something that we haven't done yet!" i think there some music lying around for that Something new for RIR? - FALSE Wink

So, that looks really promising Something new for RIR? - FALSE 671699

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Something new for RIR? - FALSE Empty Re: Something new for RIR? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:46 am

Based on the time left until RIR I doubt the band will be able to finish a follow-up to Chinese Democracy comprising old songs (song worked on before CD), but perhaps they will re-release CD together with a few new bonus tracks? A couple of the best old songs which consist in the most complete state is more reasonable...

At least I hope they will add a few new songs to their setlist which hasn't been played in the last years or which are completely new to the fans.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:29 pm

I would be interested in a box set of CD. Have the finished album as 1 cd with a new song or 2 tacked on and then have other cds featuring the various versions of the songs over the years...including all the leaks we've heard and a bunch of versions we haven't. It would be interesting to hear the progression of the songs.

Plectra : 5477

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 pm

666 wrote:I would be interested in a box set of CD. Have the finished album as 1 cd with a new song or 2 tacked on and then have other cds featuring the various versions of the songs over the years...including all the leaks we've heard and a bunch of versions we haven't. It would be interesting to hear the progression of the songs.

I couldn't agree more. This being Axl magnum opus and all, it would be reasonable that he would do something like that. But I rather believe he will release at least one more album and then bring out a box set that explain everything, the making of the albums. He has, after all, always talked about two albums (and even three) being the intention.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:39 pm

The whole "Chinese Democracy" name and era has been many things for many people. A long running joke, a disappointment, a fulfillment...

I would like Axl and company to move on and away from it and have the box set as a form of closure for the era.

Anything he releases from this point on shouldn't be associated with the name Chinese Democracy(aside from said box set), even if some songs he releases were written and/or recorded during that time period.

At least, that's my opinion Something new for RIR? - FALSE 671699

Plectra : 5477

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:42 pm

666 wrote:The whole "Chinese Democracy" name and era has been many things for many people. A long running joke, a disappointment, a fulfillment...

I would like Axl and company to move on and away from it and have the box set as a form of closure for the era.

Anything he releases from this point on shouldn't be associated with the name Chinese Democracy(aside from said box set), even if some songs he releases were written and/or recorded during that time period.

Again, I agree completely. If they are ever going to spend more time in the studio it should be to record new music. Or at the minimum, spend a few months to finalize what is necessary for the release of the sister album to CD. What I fear, on the other hand, is a new drawn out situation where endless time is devoted to re-recording part and producing the sister album, with any new music being postponed into the distant future.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:03 pm

666 wrote:The whole "Chinese Democracy" name and era has been many things for many people. A long running joke, a disappointment, a fulfillment...

As usual in connection to music you're absolutely right but judging from rumours our Axl is not exactly ready to move on. I'm personally glad there're any gig dates at all. Sadly this year's gig dates list is much shorter than last year's. At least it seems its growing.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6373

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am

Something interesting from Tommy's latest blog update:

Thats all for now. I’ve gotta get back to workin’ up some GNR tunes for Rock in Rio. Whoa…stay tuned.

New tunes??

And then this tweet:

Something new for RIR? - FALSE TS_album_normal

tommy_stinson We're gonna announce a fun little contest tomorrow. Stay tuned... 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Is something cooking here?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

Twitter exchange:

Tommy Stinson
Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way

Mark Prentice
@tommy_stinson Surely you can't keep touring the same album. Time for new GN'R to create again. Don't be a tribute band fellas.

Tommy Stinson
@NudgePrentice didn't say we don't have other songs.

Is he hinting that they may début some new songs during the upcoming tour? Yay!

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bumb.l.foot Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:23 am

I think Mr 666 states a great argument here. A boxset would finally bring closure to the "Chinese Democracy" era. Imagine a total package consisting of demos, interviews and a kind of "Making of" documentary... add in a live DVD for the various lineups.... The demand for this would be fierce... who wouldn't want it? And what better way for Axl to indirectly thank all of the contributors and promote the current lineup?
bumb.l.foot
bumb.l.foot

Plectra : 4838

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:24 am

And a great way to move on and start making new music with the current lineup. I wholeheartedly agree!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bumb.l.foot Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 am

yeah, giving fans footage or at least sound snippets of former members playing the songs they wrote, or even show them recording them would be very cool.

As you stated, it would draw a line of closure and enable the current lineup to progress, relatively free of the CD burden.
bumb.l.foot
bumb.l.foot

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 am

Fuck, I hope Axl reads this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bumb.l.foot Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 am

Would be very cool if it happened. The only problem is, he would have to release an album of the "other" CD songs... I cannot see someone with such artistic vision as Axl just putting them on a boxset as extras.
bumb.l.foot
bumb.l.foot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down