APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.05.06 - People Magazine - Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) 'Sweet Child O' Mine' (& related articles)

Go down

2020.05.06 - People Magazine - Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) 'Sweet Child O' Mine' (& related articles) Empty 2020.05.06 - People Magazine - Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) 'Sweet Child O' Mine' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:29 am

Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) 'Sweet Child O' Mine'

In a release, James Patterson says he's "thrilled to partner with the band in bringing their famed hit song to life on the page"

By Jen Juneau and Sarah Michaud

Guns N' Roses just inspired a whole new audience: kids!

PEOPLE has an exclusive first look at the cover of Sweet Child O' Mine, an upcoming picture book the band created in collaboration with James Patterson that takes the lyrics of Guns N' Roses' song of the same name and spins it into a story perfect for the littlest fans.

"As a longtime fan of Guns N' Roses, I'm thrilled to partner with the band in bringing their famed hit song to life on the page," Patterson, 73, says in a release.

"Sweet Child O' Mine is a story that I know kids will love reading and that parents will love singing along to," he adds of the book, which the release says "celebrates love and music, and how they bring us together in the sweetest ways."

The sweet cover illustration sees a man with a guitar slung over his back, holding hands with a little girl as they walk through a colorful field of flowers.

Illustrated by Jennifer Zivion, the book "was inspired by the adventures of Maya and Natalia Rose, two young girls who have grown up touring with the band," the release reveals.

Natalia and Maya are cousins — one the daughter of Guns N' Roses manager Fernando Lebeis and one his sister's. Lebeis says in the release, "My sister and I have been lucky to be able to watch our daughters — Maya and Natalia Rose — grow up while touring with the guys (the band)."

"We ourselves have been part of the 'Guns family' for over 30 years ... being able to bring this into a children's print book is truly special and a fun milestone in our lives ... " he adds.

Guns N' Roses, who formed in 1985, is currently still touring the world. They are next scheduled to play on Nov. 8, in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Their last album, Chinese Democracy, was released in 2008.

Sweet Child O' Mine debuts at major retailers on Sept. in hardcover and e-book formats.

https://people.com/parents/guns-n-roses-childrens-book-sweet-child-o-mine-exclusive/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 89910

Back to top Go down

2020.05.06 - People Magazine - Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) 'Sweet Child O' Mine' (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.05.06 - People Magazine - Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) 'Sweet Child O' Mine' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:30 am

GN'R Reddit, May 7:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/geowde/guns_n_roses_are_releasing_a_childrens_book/

flebeis (responding to comments criticizing the book):
Geesh, you guys are brutal.

Anderslash
Is the book going to be translated to other languages and available worldwide or it is a US only thing?

flebeis
Yep, working on worldwide rights. Should have something within the next week or two.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 89910

Back to top Go down