APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.MM.DD - Chopaway.com - Updates from Izzy

Go down

2007.MM.DD - Chopaway.com - Updates from Izzy Empty 2007.MM.DD - Chopaway.com - Updates from Izzy

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:53 am

29/04/2007 : Official Update From Izzy.

Izzy Stradlin would like to inform all fans that a new album is on the way ~ expect to see "MIAMI" cropping up on iTunes sometime between May and June 2007.

The album, featuring 11 tracks recorded at Criteria Studios in Miami, is described by guitarist Rick Richards as being "a bit of a departure from "Like A Dog" but still quite a rocker!"

Izzy will be trying his best to keep the fans informed of the pending release, stating "I've just finished sending new CD "MIAMI" to iTunes, via TuneCore" ~ the same company who pushed Izzys previous solo albums onto iTunes. Izzy has also offered to share one song with the fans directly through ChopAway.com adding: "...to share with the fans until it is actually up on iTunes, there is a ragga song. It's called "fso ragga" (link removed) A sample of the opening track, entitled 'TJ' can be found here.

The album is an exclusive 'iTunes only' release, which will be available in USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and Europe simultaneously. As no physical CD release is planned, that we know of anyway, we are strongly suggesting that all fans download a copy of iTunes in order to get the album. "MIAMI" features the regular lineup of Izzy Stradlin on vocals and guitar, Rick Richards taking lead guitar, and Taz Bentley on drums. JT Longoria, who appeared on several "Like A Dog" tracks returns to cover bass duties on the album, and friend Joey Huffman takes keyboards.

Taz Bentley, who appears on all of Izzys solo albums dating from 1998 - 2007 recalled the recording sessions for "MIAMI": "We had such a good time recording this one. We did it before Christmas and when we got back home decided it was so much fun that we should go back and do some more." Describing the sound of the forthcoming album Taz added: "This recording is more loose. We spent time jamming the songs out a pinch more than normal. I was in a great place mentally so I think that carried over into the recordings. Izzy, Rick and I found a hole in the wall cuban restaurant that we would walk to every day for lunch. The vibe was relaxed and the songs are as strong and diverse as always."

To keep the fans happy before the album is officially released, Izzy sent along the following message: "In a few days I'll be sending more clips. Probably from the songs "Buildings In The Sky", and "Let Go". " Izzy has also included the album artwork, for fans to take a look at, whilst he also mentioned the origin of the artwork, with Izzy saying: "....Picture with no print....cool!...I shot it in an abandoned steelmill in Ajo, Arizona last week......"

"MIAMI" continues Izzys prolific run of album releases. Starting in 1998 with the scorchin' 117° on Geffen Records, he followed up with Ride On in 1999, River in 2001, On Down The Road in 2002, and finally Like A Dog in 2005.

A very welcome update for the fans I'm sure ~ Izzy signed off with a simple "laters... Izzy".

24.05.2007 - "MIAMI" Update From Izzy

With "MIAMI" soon to be available on iTunes we quickly caught up with Izzy to ask for the tracklist for the upcoming album ~ and to answer some of the fans speculation about the album. Let's begin with the tracklist:

"Ok...

1. TJ
2. Buildings In The Sky
3. Let Go
4. JR's Song
5. Partly Cloudy
6. Waiting
7. Bombs Away
8. Tough Check
9. Pick Up The Phone
10. Everythings Alright
11. FSO Ragga"

You should have already listened to the samples Izzy made available, if not you can download them in the article below. We asked Izzy if he could further describe the sounds found on "MIAMI", and here's what he had to say: "Sure, it's a lot like early solo stuff. It's got a few organs, and key bits you will hear.... Some heavys and a couple balladish tunes, raggae...........". Izzy also mentioned that he will try to make some new photos available to us in the future ~ hopefully before Miami is available on iTunes.

Remember to check back soon for possible further updates whilst we await the albums appearance on iTunes ~ those looking to download the samples taken from the album will find them in the two articles below.

Fan Trivia: This is the first solo album that Izzy Stradlin has released where the album title does not come from a song of the same name.

30.05.2007 - "MIAMI" Available Now !!

"MIAMI" is now available for download on iTunes. [...]

"Hope you enjoy.... izzy"

03.06.2007 - Update From Izzy

Izzy dropped by with a cool update for the fans today, check it out:

"I've been painting since January, acrylic to canvas, lots of different things... and I have five paintings I wanted to share with fans.......... I'm gonna send you rough photos....unclipped or cut..... i was thinking of starting a site of some kind to post up artwork from anybody who cares to send it in: fans, musicians, anyone! "Garage Art" maybe?! .....Cheers, Izzy"

A second email landed shortly after, not only containing photographs of Izzys personal artwork, but with praise for the fans who had submitted their own artwork.

"It's funny. I just opened the new site and what do i find?... Art from fans!!!!!!! Fucking great!! A wonderful coincidence....Thanks again, Cheers.... Izzy"

24.07.2007 - "MIAMI REMIXED"

Izzy Stradlin dropped in with a cool update today...

"JT Longoria and I have just remixed 10 tracks of the "Miami" recordings and its much louder and more powerful sounding now. It was done in Dallas at Nomad Studios. Gary long did the mastering. Big thanks to those guys. It has just gone live on I-Tunes today. You will hear the difference...... Cheers! Izzy".

25.07.2007 - Key Club Update from Izzy

A number of fans have asked for confirmation regarding whether Izzy will be present at the Key Club for the rumored "GNR Reunion". Izzy emailed us this today: "....Steven is playing Key Club this Saturday.... I may drop by and say hello. Cheers, Izzy".

31.07.2007 - A Note From Izzy

A rumor has been ciculating that Izzy will be joining "Adlers Appetite" on tour. Izzy would all fans to know that this rumor is FALSE, Izzy Stradlin will not be playing in Argentina. :

"I will not be playing with Adlers band in Argentina. I played a couple songs Saturday night w/Adlers band....... was fun.... they are going to Argentina to play August 2nd and 3rd I believe..... Just want to let fans know I will not be playing in Argentina in August. Cheers.... Izzy":

At the Key Club gig on Saturday night Izzy played "TJ" from the "Miami" album live for the first time. Photos from the gig can be found in our Photo Gallery. Some new Fan Art has also been added recently.

05.11.2007 - "fire, the acoustic album"

fire - the acoustic album"fire, the acoustic album"...It was recorded in California this Summer [07]. Its all acoustic.... very basic recordings, 2 guitars with one playing slide..... Rick and Taz play on some of it. JT played bass on it, and percussion. He also mixed it in Dallas at Nomad Studios. Gary Long mastered it at Nomad as well. It was a fun album to make. There are 2 songs i co-wrote with an old friend of mine.... Timo Kaltia [guitarist/songwriter] He lives in uk, the songs are "Box" and "Seems To Me"... The writing started with those 2 songs and I took off from there. I`ll send in cover photo...........enjoy. cheers. izzy .......... I`ve sent music to Tunecore so should be live on Itunes in November. Take care."

19.11.2007 - "fire, the acoustic album" out now

"fire, the acoustic album" is now available to download through iTunes. The song list is as follows:

1. I Dont Mind
2. Infrastruk
3. Listen
4. Airbus
5. Fire
6. Seems to Me
7. Long Night
8. Box
9. Milo
10. Harp Song

https://web.archive.org/web/20071231100530/http://www.chopaway.com/news.php
Blackstar