APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.MM.DD - Unknown TV Program - Interview with Slash and Duff

Go down

1988.MM.DD - Unknown TV Program - Interview with Slash and Duff Empty 1988.MM.DD - Unknown TV Program - Interview with Slash and Duff

Post by Blackstar Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Transcript:
--------------

Slash: Everybody rides bikes because it’s cool and they, like, cruise up and down L.A. and hang out, make sure they park their bikes out in front of the clubs and stuff, just-

Duff: Those aren’t real bikers. Those are just rocker guys, who have a rich dad who just bought them a new Harley that costs $12,000, you know? If they went into a biker clubhouse, you know-

Slash: Like in New York.

Duff: Yeah, or, you know... They would be shaking their boots. They’d piss their pants (laughs).

Duff: I came there, because where I’m from you can get to the top of the music field there, but you’re still nowhere. You know, you can’t really do anything, you can’t really get in a band that’s gonna tour that’s from Seattle. So L.A., yeah. It’s just the opportunity it offers.

Slash: What happened was, through word of mouth, and just being out there and gigging, and so on so forth, the kids were so into it that we actually turned into, like, a viable product, right? (laughs). It was like, “Oh, Guns N’ Roses! So everybody does like that stuff.” So, you know, "If everybody’s willing to accept it, then we’ll put it in."

Slash: There’s millions of bands copying each other, so it’s like – you know, it’s easy to set us apart from it, because we’re not doing that. So it’s not easy to see us and then see everybody else, because the majority of bands are all like the same thing, which we’re not really like that.

Interviewer: There’s a lot of (?). I mean, L.A. Guns?

Slash: Well, that’s... no. I mean, at this point in time I don’t think anybody’s pulled off what we’re all about. So there’s a big difference, you know, as far as attitude goes, which is the same, like, with Aerosmith and AC/DC. Everybody’s been copying them for years and no one’s actually done it, because, you know, the attitude is real important and you can’t copy someone’s personality as a whole. You can copy things that you can see, visual stuff, and try and take little things that you can read in a magazine or you can, you know. But you can’t just copy an attitude or a vibe.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down