APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.07.DD - Conspiracy Incorporated Fan Club Newsletter

Go down

1991.07.DD - Conspiracy Incorporated Fan Club Newsletter Empty 1991.07.DD - Conspiracy Incorporated Fan Club Newsletter

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Many thanks to @troccoli for sharing this with us, and for the amazing collection of GN'R memorabilia he has made available on his site. The original images of the newsletter can be found on his site here:
http://www.troccolitm.com/Fanclub.html

-----------------------------------------------
Transcription (spelling of the original)
-----------------------------------------------

CONSPIRACY, INC.
A Publication of the GUNS N’ ROSES Fan Club
July 1991

WHO IS?
MATT SORUM...

Q. We understand that you were formerly with THE CULT. When did you first start performing with them? How long have you been performing professionally and who have you played with?

A. I played with THE CULT in December of ’88 and through May of 1990. I’ve been playing pro for 15 years. I played my first paid gig at the old Starwood in Hollywood, CA. I’ve played with E.G. Daily, Gregg Wright, Belinda Carlisle, Shaun Cassidy, Jeff Paris and Spencer Davis among others.

Q. Where were you born and where did you grow up?

A. I was born in Long Beach, CA. November 19, 1960 (Scorpion Hmmm!) and grew up in South Orange county near Laguna Beach.

Q. How did you get interested in music and at what age?

A. My mother was a music teacher and my brother was a classical violinist. So I guess was born into it. At about age 5 I had my first drum kit. But, got serious at about age 9.

Q. Do you play any other musical instruments?

A. I play some guitar, bass and keyboards.

Q. Who are your major influences and your favorite artists?

A. LED ZEPPELIN, Old GENESIS, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH, LOUIS BELSON, and some other jazz artists. My favorites today? Janes Addiction is OK. Lenny Kravits, The Cult, is cool, Soundgarden, ...AND GUNS ‘N ROSES of course.

Q. Have you ever done any writing?

A. A little on the keyboard and a little on the guitar.

Q. What made you decide to pursue a career in music?

A. The chicks, the fans, and I dig to play the drums.

Q. Tell us about your first record contract?

A. It was a band on Polygram. It was a good album but never went anywhere because the label didn’t push it. It was a real let-down!

Q. Is touring any different now from when you first started? How?

A. Yes! The difference between a Ford van and a “727” I should say!

Q. Is it difficult being the “new” member of the band?

A. I’m used to it and the GUNS have been great to me!

ON THE ROAD

By now you’ve all heard about the St. Louis incident, unless of course you have been living under a rock. We just want to let you know one thing. Axl Rose has never been one to stand by and just watch injustice been done to his fans. Throughout the evening a motorcycle club was intimidating GN’R fans and creating havoc at the show. The security guards (apparently friends of the bikers), who were provided by the venue, did nothing to calm this behavior. When Axl spotted one of the bikers with a camera and venue security failed to react to his pleas to get the camera, that was the last straw. Quite simply, Axl and the band want everyone to get off and have a wild time but... they draw the line when their fans are in danger of injury or get deprived of having that great time. If venue security had any degree of concern for GN’R fans, the situation in St. Louis would have never happened!

NEXT!

Samantha Humphries, a superfan and Conspirator from England came up with a great idea for a contest. Get your cameras ready and take pictures of your GN’R look-a-likes. The guys will judge which photo looks most like Axl or Slash or Dizzy or Izzy or Duff or Matt. Winners receive 1991 T-Shirts. Photos and results will be published in the next Newsletter. Send your entries to:
CONSPIRACY, INC.
P.O. Box 67279 Dept. B
Los Angeles, CA 90067

TOUR

TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR THE FOLLOWING DATES

[Dates]

SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

The Gunners played for 3 hours and 35 minutes in Greensboro which was the longest show ever. Not only is the trend on this tour toward longer shows but, the guys are also picking up the tab for it. GUNS N’ ROSES was fined $5,000 for playing past curfew twice in Hamilton County, Indiana. Awesome huh?!?

INTERNATIONAL CONSPIRATORS

[List of pen pals]

STUFF

Look for more dates next issue...

We’re with a new company now and things will be lots better. We’re waiting for new photos, bios and kits from the band. If you haven’t gotten your kits, don’t worry! You’re in the computer and will receive newsletters as they come out. Your membership date will not start until you receive the new kit... It will definitely be worth the wait.

Axl has a new Harley... It is not merely HOT, it’s a full-fledged, chills-up-and-down-your-spine police bike and does he ever look good on it.

“You Could Be Mine,” the first single of the forthcoming “Use Your Illusion II” is on the stores and on the airwaves. Also, look for the smokin’ video for this track on MTV and see the boys come face-to-face with the Terminator!

Write to us with your ideas for the newsletter.

MORE STUFF

[Official Merchandise Order Form]

Call your local radio station to request it...
Call MTV to see it...
Visit your neighborhood music store to buy it

YOU COULD BE MINE

LOOK FOR
USE YOUR ILLUSION I & II
COMING SOON ON
GEFFEN RECORDS
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down