APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

New record in 2013? - FALSE

+3
LuanVictor
rosesforcure
Soulmonster
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New record in 2013? - FALSE Empty New record in 2013? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 am

We might as well have this thread here.

Dj just posted on Facebook: How is everyone doing? I've been working around the clock on some new and exciting things for 2013! This year is gonna be a big one ;)Miss you guys tons!!! Much love!

A big one? ONLY if GN'R releases a new record....

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77293

Back to top Go down

New record in 2013? - FALSE Empty Re: New record in 2013? - FALSE

Post by rosesforcure Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 am

Soulmonster wrote:We might as well have this thread here.

Dj just posted on Facebook: How is everyone doing? I've been working around the clock on some new and exciting things for 2013! This year is gonna be a big one Wink Miss you guys tons!!! Much love!

Yeah, I take it as it only could mean that.
This year is totally got to happen. Hope they put
The 22 lefties hehe
rosesforcure
rosesforcure

Plectra : 4335

Back to top Go down

Post by LuanVictor Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:56 pm

I hope so, but I don't trust in Ashba. lol
LuanVictor
LuanVictor

Plectra : 4503

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesforcure Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Dj just posted on Facebook: How is everyone doing? I've been working around the clock on some new and exciting things for 2013! This year is gonna be a big one Wink Miss you guys tons!!! Much love!

Well, unfortunately most of the people
All around think hes talking about Sixx Am n
Not Guns N Roses which I dont get to understand
Since u know, this guy is known by his new Guns spot
(Been touring since 2009) n not his writtings with Sixx Am.

He shouldnt maje such bubbles to frustrate
The rest of the World!

We can only hope n believe!
rosesforcure
rosesforcure

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 pm

He's probably not talking about GN'R, but it is enough to warrant this thread Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesforcure Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:59 pm

CHECK THIS TWEET OF GNR OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER!

Kat Benzova ‏@KatBenzova
working on some awesome stuff:) will be sitting in the office day and night for next 2 months:))
rosesforcure
rosesforcure

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Bumblefoot talked about working on a new record in the recent-- and great! -- Bommerocity interview:

We’ve spoken a lot about it. It’s just a question of – I wouldn’t even say the planets aligning; That’s a little extreme as far as a metaphor – but I think we just need to have nothing else going on to where we can just focus on making new music and putting it out. There’s such strong people in the band. Dizzy is a great singer and songwriter. DJ – a great songwriter. Pitman is a great singer and songwriter. Frank is a great drummer. Tommy, he’s a great singer and songwriter. Richard, he’s a great player, songwriter. We have all the parts of the machine there. All we have to do is assemble that machine and hit the on switch [Boomerocity, January 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am

From the latest interview with Dj:

Once the tour is over, Guns N' Roses will turn their focus to working on a seventh album.

Despite dozens of songs in rough form, the band are in no hurry - but there won't be another decade-long delay.

"It won't be another Chinese Democracy but then again we're in no rush to make a bad record," says Ashba.

"Failing is not an option so we're putting our heart and soul into this one."

I am just about to push my guesstimate for the next record from 2015 to 2016.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:48 am

There’s been talk all the time within us about the next album and what we’re going to do and when we’re going to do it. But you know, life always gets in the way. Things get in the way. It’s hard to have the momentum and the focus and everything that you need. It’s hard to put everything aside and do a whole album. Personally, I don’t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let’s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there. It’s easier to do. Look, waiting for an album to get done is just too much. I can’t do it myself. If I waited to finish an album, it still wouldn’t be done and the album still wouldn’t be out. When there’s so much touring and so much other stuff going on, don’t try and take on 14 songs. Do a song, then another song, then another song and then figure it out from there [Hot Metal, February 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
I am just about to push my guesstimate for the next record from 2015 to 2016.

Agreed. It will, once again, take a "little" while until we'll get to hear something new.
Hope I'm wrong though and they'll surprise us after all! Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9641

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 am

From "scansandcopies" on MSL's forum:

So I almost bailed on going to this [Richard's master class] tonight, but I'm glad I didn't.

This was put on by the music department of one of the colleges here. They have guest speakers come and talk to the students about music and some of the business that goes with it. It was an interview on stage with some questions toward the end. Fortus was a really cool, likeable guy. He kind of gave his life story and talked a lot about doing sessions and his early years. Then they started talking about GnR and he spoke well of the whole thing. In passing he mentioned they had recorded stuff and hope to get it out this year.

I asked him after the interview about that and if it was new music or the Chinese extras and he said, "Oh, new!" like there shouldn’t even be a question about it. Then I asked him about the extra Chinese songs and what his favorites were. Jackie Chan was his first one and then he said the General was REALLY good. He said there was a lot of songs in the can and that they'll probably come out some day. I asked about Oklahoma/Berlin and he said he hadn't ever heard of those titles but that not all the songs were named. He said there are some “phenomenal” songs and that he hopes they come out someday. That was almost word for word because it was really just a quick 30 second kind of deal. He’d already posed for a bunch of pictures and talked to a lot of other people so it was winding down pretty quickly.
I was pretty excited to hear that new music had been recorded no matter when it comes out. Just in case anybody wants to copy and paste this to other web sites, don't forget it came from M.SL/GNR
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:45 pm

I asked Bumblefoot about a new record this year during his live chat, and he said they have still not been in the studio and that if a new record is released it will contain old material, but that he wants to create a new record with the current lineup. He also said he is the only one not bullshitting us Wink
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 am

More on what Bumblefoot said in the chili chat:

On when the next record is coming:

"That's a very good question. I'd like to know the answer to that question, too. For real."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 am

Soulmonster wrote:I asked Bumblefoot about a new record this year during his live chat, and he said they have still not been in the studio and that if a new record is released it will contain old material, but that he wants to create a new record with the current lineup. He also said he is the only one not bullshitting us Wink

More precisely what was said:

You know what, just forget about a new record till it happens. I mean, I can't even begin...how long have we been talking about a new fucking record? And I am the only one that doesn't bullshit you people about it, and I say "No, we haven't been in the studio together," "No, we haven't started writing together as a band". If something came out at this point it would be very old material that would be released now, so it would be unheard material but to me I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist any more. And we need to make an album of this band right now. I just texted...hit up Axl again two days ago, "Hey, while we're in Australia, let's make some music, let's work on some stuff". We'll see what happens. I am all about making music. That's why I make music, to make music. So I'd like to really do that. I would be very happy if Guns N' Roses could do that. We'll see what happens. That's all I can say. At this point we're just doing shows, and doing shows, and doing shows, and the shows are great and we're having fun and everything, but I've got the itch. I've had the itch for a long fucking time. I want to make some music with these motherfuckers. It's a damn good band, and we should really have the opportunity to give what we can to all of you and make some music for you. If anyone reads any of my long-ass interviews where I am ranting like I do now, you know how I feel about it, and that's what I am about. It's not up to me, it's gotta be unanimous, so I hope unanimously at some point everyone says, "Alright, let's just put life to the side, everything to the side, and focus on this and make it happen and make some music together." I think it would be fucking great and I hope it happens. But as far as seeing a new album in the future, I don't see it in the near future, no, it's going to be a while...if it is going to be with this band writing from the beginning. There's reality for you. I wish I had something better I could tell you guys because we all want the same thing, we want new music, me and you [Eat More Heat! Live Chat, March 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 am

Ron must be quite frustrated about it. Damn, make some music together, you're a band!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7575

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:59 am

Johan wrote:Ron must be quite frustrated about it. Damn, make some music together, you're a band!

Let's hope that text he sent Axl will do the trick Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 am

On being asked if we will get to hear new music in 2013, Axl responded thusly:

I can give you a definite maybe [Adelaide Now, March 6, 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am

With all the touring in the first part of the year, I am quite confident that not even a record with old songs (see the list in the unreleased thread) can be released this year. Time just moves too quickly in the world of GN'R.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Is there so much touring? Aren't there like only 11 dates announced? Sure, there will probably be a lot more, but it's hardly impossible to compile a new album with older recordings. Just do not re-record anything to get Ashba on there or more Frank and Bumble.

On the sunny side: Axl didn't say no! Very Happy
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Johan wrote:Is there so much touring? Aren't there like only 11 dates announced? Sure, there will probably be a lot more, but it's hardly impossible to compile a new album with older recordings. Just do not re-record anything to get Ashba on there or more Frank and Bumble.

On the sunny side: Axl didn't say no! Very Happy

I believe more dates will be announced, and even if there aren't, those 11 dates are spaced out from now to June and I just doubt Axl is good at multitasking: working at an album while travelling around touring.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Sure, I'm talking about a normal band being able to work on an album in between those dates. Not this band, haha.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Johan wrote:Sure, I'm talking about a normal band being able to work on an album in between those dates. Not this band, haha.

In an alternative universe there is probably an Axl Rose just now saying:

Fuck it! Let's just release those old songs as they are. They don't need any extra work [Alternative Universe, March 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 am

Gunns from over at mygnrforum talked to Axl briefly during the Australian tour:

Gunns: "Love silkworms, Axl!"

Axl: "Actually, we are thinking about releasing that later this year."

Source: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197779-gunns-exclusive-2-gunns-gets-axl-rose-to-talk-about-new-music/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:06 pm

According to the latest interview with Dj and Bumblefoot, the band will take a break after the Beirut show on March 30. This coincides with Richard playing with The Dead Daisies in late April early May. Then the hits the road again for some festival shows in the US in May/June. So no proper work on new music until the second half on 2013, then, it seems.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:17 am

From today's interview with Dizzy in Khaleej Times:

A new album will be on the way soon, since ‘soon’ isn’t really an exact given or assigned amount of time [Khaleej Times, March 31, 2013].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm

From today's interview with Tommy in The Star:

We need to start thinking about making a new record. You know, it’s due. We’ve been travelling around the world and touring behind this one record for long enough. I really don’t know if there’s a lot more touring we can do behind this record that we haven’t done already ... twice even! It’s probably a good time to get back and write some new songs. [...]

I think when we get back Stateside, we only have some small weekend runs for a while ... I think that should give people time to write some new material. [...]

The music cuts through the bullshit, that’s how Guns n’ Roses works. But I don’t think we would need to spend that amount of time to make another record. The reason we took such a long time was because Axl was kind of assembling a band as the (Chinese Democracy) album was being made ... so you had a lot of guys coming in and things changing.

Hopefully , each of us will write a song or two, throw them in the mix, then we all get together in one studio ... in short span of time, hopefully. That would be the goal. No one has 10 more years to spend making a record, you know. [...]

That’s the hard part with everyone scattered about ... I live in Hudson, New York, (guitarist) DJ Ashba lives in Las Vegas (Nevada) and Axl lives in Malibu (California). You know, if everyone wrote one song and we went and recorded those eight songs, we would have more than an album’s worth of material. We have some leftover tunes from the last record. We could feasibly make a record quickly ... it could happen. But we’ll just have to accept it: our art is as big a stumbling block as anything
[The Star, March 31, 2013].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:26 am

Richard chimes in:

[...] we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while. [...] We are working on [the next record]! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out. [The Rck Pit, March 2013]

That would mean some time in 2014, which is pretty much what I have been saying for a long time now, except that I now think it won't happen until 2015. And it will be a mix of new and old.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Tommy Stinson says in latest interview that it's his goal this year to make an album with GN'R and the Replacements (of course this won't mean it will happen and/or that these albums would be released in 2013).
http://cd1025.com/about/jock/brian-phillips/post/605
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9641

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Uli wrote:Tommy Stinson says in latest interview that it's his goal this year to make an album with GN'R and the Replacements (of course this won't mean it will happen and/or that these albums would be released in 2013).
http://cd1025.com/about/jock/brian-phillips/post/605

Thanks, here's the full quote:

My goal for the new year is that there's going to be [...] a Guns N' Roses record, just throwing it out there. [On whether it is this year or next year] You know what, either way, either of those can happen, either or both can happen, I would be happy for that [CD102.5 The Alternative Station, April 2013].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:48 pm

And a new quotes from Richard:

we are preparing to record some new stuff. [...] We're working on it! [...][Dead Daisies Facebook page, April 2013].

He also seems to confirm that Silkworms will be on the next record.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next