APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE

3 posters

Go down

New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE Empty New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 am

Someone used the account named 'Dexter' on mygnrforum to post the following message in a new thread titled "NEW":

"There will be new record in 2012"

Before anything else happened a moderator over at mygnrforum claimed the IP seemed legit, suggesting it was posted from Axl's computer (which is weird since Axl in in Mexico, and I guess his iPhone - or whatever he is using when travelling - doesn't have a fixed IP address). Beta later said it was not from Axl (suggesting that the account was hacked?). Eric (admin) then deleted the thread (which by then had grown to 8 pages?). Jarmo over at HTGTH wrote "
I was told this is not true" when the news spread to HTGTH and then followed up with "I was told Axl didn't post on Mygnr today".

Then GunsNRosesNews twitter, and unofficial GN'R twitter account wrote: "MyGN’R officials have confirmed the
“album announcement” was indeed @axlrose. @gunsnroses album in 2012!"

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE Empty Re: New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE

Post by 666 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 am

Is anything ever easy with Axl Rose?

It's always some weird, convoluted conspiracy.

His post didn't sound like him. It wasn't proper English...and he didn't call any of his fans cunts...

Plectra : 5477

Back to top Go down

New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE Empty Re: New record in 2012 - Axl posting on mygnrforum? - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:25 am

If the IP really was from Axl's home computer it would mean someone physically hacked into it or was in his house. Of course the mod could be wrong and the IP could have come from somewhere else. In either way, I am not entirely convinced it wasn't Axl, I think his unpredictability got the best of him and he announced something just to have fun with us or because he seriously believed at the moment that they will manage to release a new record already in 2012, and then someone talked him into cancelling this premature announcement. I mean, how often is he going to be hacked? First his twitter and then his account at mygnr. And remember that Tommy had his twitter hacked earlier? It seems like "I was hacked!" has become the great cop out whenever the chaos of GN'R catches up with the members and they find themselves in a situation where they fuck up in social media.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:46 am

I dunno exactly when but a bit before the EU tour there was this tweet from Axl that the whole tour was cancelled or something along the lines lol After that it was denied with the argument that his account was hacked. It seems that happens a lot to poor Axl.

I didn't read the post on mygnr and can't say whether it sounds genuine or not to me but from the above it seems the usual stirring-the-shit-a-bit story.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6373

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm

In lieu of Axl's answers in the TMS interview I will declare this as false.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down