APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

New layout on official GN'R website

4 posters

Go down

New layout on official GN'R website Empty New layout on official GN'R website

Post by Soulmonster Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:54 am

Check it out:

http: http://www.gunsnroses.com
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

New layout on official GN'R website Empty Re: New layout on official GN'R website

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Now they only have to turn it into a decent site
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7367

Back to top Go down

New layout on official GN'R website Empty Re: New layout on official GN'R website

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:13 pm

It could need some more content...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:48 pm

It says new site coming soon, so I guess this is only a temporary thing.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7367

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Yes, you are probably right. The fact that they are updating the website -- finally -- really suggests that Axl has his heart in it still. It really make me believe that we will see and hear more from GN'R in the future.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:22 am

Soulmonster wrote:Yes, you are probably right. The fact that they are updating the website -- finally -- really suggests that Axl has his heart in it still. It really make me believe that we will see and hear more from GN'R in the future.

I definitely do hope so! Might've made more sense to have the website ready before the US tour, oh well...
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9431

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:26 am

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:Yes, you are probably right. The fact that they are updating the website -- finally -- really suggests that Axl has his heart in it still. It really make me believe that we will see and hear more from GN'R in the future.

I definitely do hope so! Might've made more sense to have the website ready before the US tour, oh well...

Haha, yes, it would have made a lot more sense. And perhaps relaunched Chinese Democracy with the correct artwork and a bonus song or two. But I agree, oh well... Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:57 am

The new site is now launched! Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 am

There's an interactive, member's area at the forum. But you have to pay a fee to get access to those areas. I have paid the fee and will check out what it is. I'll report back. Salute
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 am

Soulmonster wrote:There's an interactive, member's area at the forum. But you have to pay a fee to get access to those areas. I have paid the fee and will check out what it is. I'll report back. Salute

So, I've been poking around a bit to see what the official site has to offer. First of all you have to pay a membership fee to get access to the interactive community. I can't remember the prices, but I think it was 29.99 and 59.99 $, for regular and VIP membership. In addition to access to the interactive communities members also gets a bandana, a membership card and possible discounts on shows. With the VIP membership you also get a t-shirt.

The interactive community consists of a very basic forum, chat, contests, and blogs. The forum is really not worth spending money on (unless, of course, Axl becomes a regular, but still then whatever he says will be posted here and on the other fan boards. The chat is the say as I have embedded here, so no need to sign up for that one. The contests I am not sure about.

All in all, I found the price a bit too high, there is not really much else offered than what you find at htgth, mygnr and a4d. Unless the band members start posting at the official forum and you want to interact with them.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 pm

I haven't heard of other site offering a bandana for 29.99 $

New layout on official GN'R website 9k=
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6252

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 pm

DanyYo wrote:I haven't heard of other site offering a bandana for 29.99 $

New layout on official GN'R website 9k=

You're right. Now I feel A4D is inferior. I will have to do something about that...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Offer hats/fedoras or... Can't think of anything else at the moment. Ah, ashtrays may go well.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 am

By the way dunno if it's possible or necessary but video chat is something that not many sites have.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 am

We have it now through the official chat that is embedded Cool
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 am

sfhaetdj
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 am

But why on earth anyone would like to see my muggy morning face is beyond me.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:29 pm

I personally don't wanna see it and I don't think I'm gonna use this feature but it seems appropriate for a modern site like AFD lol
DanyYo
DanyYo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down