APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era

3 posters

Go down

1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era Empty 1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Hey dudes! Yes, the live album is offically released on the 30th November here in the US. I did work quite a bit on it. It was great becasue I got to meet all the guys again. Slash was responsible for most of the work on the album. He and Axl worked the hardest. Stevie, Izzy and the others were all involved in one way or another. A lot of people who habe heard the Live Era sampler are complaining that it sound too overproduced with extra sound added. Hmm. It is true that we added extra sound to make the songs sound better on record. But I would not call it 'overproduced'. It has ended up with a very smooth, clean sound even to Axl's vocals but we were just trying to make the album as good as we could. That is why it doesn't actually say what shows the songs come from on the album. Loads of bands do it. Checkout Aerosmith's 'A Little South of Sanity', Cheap Trick's 'Live At Budokan' or any Kiss live album and they have all been tampered with. Otherwise, it would sound like a bootleg.

Se ya, November 30th, in your living room.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era Empty Re: 1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era

Post by ludurigan Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:49 am

This is hysterical!

Duff, the "punk" guy in Guns n' Roses, is basically saying "Hey dudes, the new live album is a fraud but please note that everybody in rock is a fraud!"

The worst part is that the studio, fake live vocals of live era were recorded NEARLY A DECADE after the original live recordings.

There is likely not a singer in the world who is capable to sing the same or even similar to what he/she did A DECADE LATER

All the fake live albums that Duff mentioned were re-recorded with studio, fake live vocals MONTHS or maybe even WEEKS after the original recordings. Maybe a year or two apart. Never A DECADE apart

The most hysterical thing of all is that Duff doesn't know that A LOT of Guns n' Roses bootleg sound absolutely brilliant

He. Does. Not. Know. It.
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5451

Back to top Go down

1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era Empty Re: 1999.11.29 - Duff McKagan's Official Website - Duff Talks About Live Era

Post by whatashame Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:47 pm

not that it makes any difference but I've read gazillions of Aerosmith interviews and found out that A Little South Of Sanity was tinkered by copy/pasting Steven Tyler's vocal tracks from the same tour, not from the studio. If they found a great track but Steven messed up the lyrics that night, they would paste the line from another show from the same tour.

Just a piece of trivia for any Aero die hards
whatashame
whatashame

Plectra : 2592

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:35 am

whatashame wrote:not that it makes any difference but I've read gazillions of Aerosmith interviews and found out that A Little South Of Sanity was tinkered by copy/pasting Steven Tyler's vocal tracks from the same tour, not from the studio. If they found a great track but Steven messed up the lyrics that night, they would paste the line from another show from the same tour.

Just a piece of trivia for any Aero die hards

That album sounds really... huh... worse than any aerosmith bootleg...

But it is great to know that they at least tried to make hard for people to notice that they were listening to a fake

Not the case with W. Axl Rose!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5451

Back to top Go down

Post by whatashame Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:52 am

me I personally love it. But then again I love everything Aerosmith does
whatashame
whatashame

Plectra : 2592

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum