APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.02.23 - Artisan News - Duff McKagan Says Taking The Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

Go down

2011.02.23 - Artisan News - Duff McKagan Says Taking The Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen Empty 2011.02.23 - Artisan News - Duff McKagan Says Taking The Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

Post by Blackstar Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:11 pm

Voice-over: Duff McKagan’s Loaded is set to release “The Taking” on April 19th, but a window back into the world of Guns N’ Roses will have interviewers asking about rekindling something with Axl. Back in October of last year, Axl Rose and former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan found themselves at the same hotel and, consequently, on stage together later that night. McKagan said that he enjoyed the time, but he regrets the stir that it has caused.

Duff: You know, I almost wish that getting on stage part didn't happen. I’ve discovered it when I started doing interviews three days ago and everybody asked that question. So, for me, the most important part of that – the chance meeting that our hotel rooms were right next door to each other. Great. You know, it was meant to happen. It was meant to happen for us to finally connect again, and what happened when we connected is a private matter. But I'm glad it happened.

Voice-over: He spoke to Artisan News about the experience hopping back on stage with his former singer in Guns N’ Roses.

Duff: It's almost I wish it was, like, on an off night that they weren't playing, because people were like, “Oh, you played! Does that mean a reunion?” No, it doesn't. It doesn’t mean any of that. I went to the gig with him and, you know, I was so jet-lagged and on so much energy drink that it was all sort of surreal by that point. You know, like, “I should be in bed right now. I've got a meeting tomorrow morning, at 8:00 in the morning. What am I doing here?” And then, all of a sudden, there's a bass in my hands. “What? Am I gonna play?” (laughs) “You Could Be Mine? I haven't played this song since 1993. I don't – shit, how does this song go?” But that part was fun. I'm glad that happened. I'm glad it happened, you know. But the way more important thing was that there was a sense to me that it was meant to happen.

Voice-over: Duff was the last of the Mk.1 version of the band to depart, staying until 1997. He was replaced in the band by Tommy Stinson. “The Taking,” the upcoming album from Duff's Loaded was produced by Terry Date and is being released on Eagle Rock Entertainment.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down