APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.06.30 - Artisan News - Guns N' Roses Tour Opening: What Really Happened (Duff, Slash)

2 posters

Go down

2016.06.30 - Artisan News - Guns N' Roses Tour Opening: What Really Happened (Duff, Slash) Empty 2016.06.30 - Artisan News - Guns N' Roses Tour Opening: What Really Happened (Duff, Slash)

Post by Blackstar Sat May 20, 2023 10:59 pm

Transcription:

Duff: Pretty cool. You put all your planning into to the best you can do. [?] and then you cross your fingers. But I think we're as well prepared as we're gonna be.

Voiceover: That was Guns N' Roses bass player Duff McKagan talking about the start of their much anticipated Not In This Lifetime tour. GN'R had a spectacular opening night at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan, on Thursday, June 23rd, as they started their stadium run with guitarist Slash back in the fold. Axl and Slash have mended fences and they kicked off their first reunited date with 1987's It's So Easy. In this clip notice how Duff McKagan paid tribute to the late great artist Prince.

[clip of It's So easy]

Voiceover: Backstage before the show Slash talked about the experience and how it's been better than he thought it would be.

Slash: It's been fucking awesome. This is the first night of the actual tour. The first seven shows [?] really natural [?]. So I would say if this is gonna be the same kinda deal [?] so it's more than I really expected. And I didn't actually have a lot of forethought, you just sort of goes right into it.

Voiceover: Then it was back to the music with the band running through hits like Welcome To The Jungle and Live And Let Die among others.

[clip of Welcome To The Jungle and Live And Let Die]

Voiceover: This incarnation of Guns N' Roses features Axl Rose, Duff McKagan on bass, Slash on lead guitar, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, Richard Fortus on rhythm guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, and Melissa Reese on keyboard. Dates are currently booked through Monday August 22nd in San Diego, California. The full opening night track listing is as follows.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down

2016.06.30 - Artisan News - Guns N' Roses Tour Opening: What Really Happened (Duff, Slash) Empty Re: 2016.06.30 - Artisan News - Guns N' Roses Tour Opening: What Really Happened (Duff, Slash)

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 24, 2023 7:58 am

Transcribed this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76583

Back to top Go down