APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.02.06 - Q101.1 WKOX - Interview with Steven at 2009 Grammy Awards

Go down

2009.02.06 - Q101.1 WKOX - Interview with Steven at 2009 Grammy Awards Empty 2009.02.06 - Q101.1 WKOX - Interview with Steven at 2009 Grammy Awards

Post by Blackstar Sat May 29, 2021 4:06 am

Transcript:

Ryan Manno: Are you ready to roll?

Steven: Yessir.

Manno: Very good. Q101.1, Ryan Manno at the 51st Grammy awards here at the Staples Center.

Steven: It is great.

Manno: It is great, right?

Steven: I can't believe how many people are here for this.

Manno: I know. We're with Steven Adler. I am very excited to be here with you.

Steven: Thank you.

Manno: I want to tell you something, the other night I was in bed and I ---

Steven: Oooh, thinking about me?

Manno [laughs] That's exactly what I was going to say. You read my mind. No, but I put on Sober House, I was lying in bed, and it was, uhm... man, it was rough! Steven, Steven!

Steven: It starts off rough but it ends good.

Manno: Yeah, I mean, it was... you know what I'm talking about were you were-

Steven: Yes, I do, they arrest me. People think that happened like yesterday, but it happened six months ago. I'm still paying for it.

Manno: Have you watched it?

Steven: I watched it happen... This episode really bothers me. It's kind of cause.... I'm watching a girl calling the cops on me.

Manno: Yeah, and she's crying.

Steven: And I'm watching the moment she is interfering up my life. Like I'm saying, I'm still paying for it. It's hard for me to watch her...

Manno: So do you resent her for that or how do you feel about that?

Steven: All I can say is that she's not one of my favourite people.

[laughs]

Steven: And she had no business being on the show.

Manno: Okay. But in a sense, I mean, how do you feel about someone trying to help you?

Steven: Oh, well, I was ready for the help and the people that were doing it, Dr. Drew and Dr. Sophy and Bob Forrest [?] were really comfortable, good people so it was easy to cling on and listen to them. [?] cameras around, you know, I told myself before I went in, I actually talked to Slash before I started it, and I said, "I can either come on and look totally cool or look like the biggest jackoff."

Manno: Does it make it harder when there cameras involved?

Steven: No, it made it easier [vigorously nodding] because I didn't want to look like a jackoff [pointing to the camera].

Manno: Yeah, good thinking [laughing].

Steven: You got to think ahead of time, what are the people out there [pointing into the camera] going to see?

Manno: So, I mean, I want to ask you now, how are you doing?

Steven: Great! Cause I'm here. At the Grammy's biggest music award show.

Manno: You would not be here if you were not doing great.

Steven: No.

Manno: That's a great point. And Adler's Appetite, is that still rocking? You guys still-

Steven: We're going on tour starting February 21. Dates are, you know, you can see on MySpace and please send me friend request, everybody out there.

Manno: Okay.

Steven: I also got an instructional DVD coming up this summer. Uh, drums DVD.

Manno: Really?

Steven: Yeah.

Manno: An instructional drumming DVD.

Steven: Instructional drumming. Yeah.

Manno: Is that like the first of its kind?

Steven: No. Neil Peart has one, Roger Taylor has one, from Queen.

Manno: I don't know about them, I'm gonna buy yours.

Steven: [?]

Manno: Oh yeah. Well, good luck with the band, man, and good luck with live and life.

Steven: Hi Chip!

Manno: Oh Chip Z'Nuff.

Steven: Chip Z'Nuff, my man.

Manno: From Blue Island.

Steven: Blue Island Chippie. Hey Chip! Love you.

Manno: Very good.

Steven: [?] he went back for a week, came back.

Manno: Thanks for coming by, man.

Steven: Thank you for having me.

Manno: Good to see you brother.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down