APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA

Go down

1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA Empty 1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 am

January 10, 1988 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA
Setlist:
01. Used To Love Her
XX: Patience
[Setlist might be incomplete]

Date:
January 10, 1988.

Venue:
The Whisky.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals
Slash: Lead guitar
Izzy: Rhythm guitar
Duff: Bass guitar
Howard Teman: Drums.

Info:
This was a surprise gig to fight a lawsuit against Ruben at the Hollywood magazine Rock City News. Steven was replaced by Howard Teman (probably because of his broken hand from last year). It is unknown how many songs the band played.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76738

Back to top Go down

1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1988.01.10 - The Whisky, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:54 am

Howard Teman, talking about how he came to play drums at this show:

And I think it was just from jamming with them [in Hollywood] and all, and Duff asked me to... I guess when Steve broke his hand in Chicago they asked me to sit in with them for a show at the Whisky, which I did. I'm not sure really what the chronological order to all these things are, but that show is really cool. I got the whole thing on video, you could check it out, you can look it up on Youtube. Guns N' Roses at the Whisky a Go-Go. I think it was '87. [...] Actually, Duff came up and we went over like four songs and what he didn't tell me is when we got there that the first song, I Used To Love Her But I Had To Kill Her was a song I never even heard before because the album wasn't even out yet. It was before Use Your Illusion, or before Lies, and so they were teaching me backstage. And we ended up doing like 10 songs or something like that and half of them I didn't even know, let alone I've never even heard. But that was a lot of fun, that was a great, great, fun night. [...] you know I had the roadie from hell, Damon, sitting behind me and also Del James was sitting on the other side of me who knew the songs and they were cueing me, If you see the video you can see them going, "Okay, stop here!" "Go!" that kind of stuff, that was really funny. They were conducting me and telling me, like sometimes I'm pounding really, you know, my dynamics were like I was really enjoying it and they're like, "Oooh, settle down! This is the slow part," or, "This is a mellow part."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:55 am

In the quote above, Teman claims the set was about 10 song long and that he has the video of it all. As far as I can find, only Patience and Used To Love Her has leaked from the show. But at the very least, if Teman has the video, then surely someone must have asked him for the setlist if not to share the whole thing?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down