APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA

2 posters

Go down

1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA Empty 1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Date:
January 21, 1988.

Venue:
The Cathouse.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Move to the City
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Out Ta Get Me
05. Used to Love Her
06. Patience
07. Sweet Child O'Mine
08. My Michelle
09. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
10. Welcome to the Jungle
11. Nightrain
12. Paradise City
13. Whole Lotta Rosie (w/ Vince Neil)

Notes:
Steve's first show after breaking his arm.

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1988.01.31.
1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1988.01.10.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:51 pm

From the L.A. Dee Da column in L.A. Weekly, January 29, 1988:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4159-1988-01-29-l-a-weekly-l-a-dee-da-axl-drunk-fux-show-at-the-cathouse#16089

A PASSION FOR PLASTIC. A word to all you drivers out there: Unless you’re close personal friends of Guns N’ Roses, you’d best have car insurance. Cathouse, Scream and Probe banded together to raise legal-expense money for a certain DJ-about-town who apparently didn’t heed — or need — our advice. His pals Guns N’ Roses played a special unannounced show for his benefit last Thursday. Among those watching the show from the Probe’s commodious DJ booth were Billy Limbo (in a wig that made him a ringer for pal Joseph), Rock City News' Miss August, Kara, Rip's Stella, Josh Richman, and Mio Vucovic. Oh, Michael Stewart and his Junkyard boys were in there deejaying for good measure. Riki Rachtman was showing off the work of a body artist and must now face a full-length tattoo of his mud-wrasslin’ gal-pal every time he picks up a fork, as she is rendered in all her bodaciousness on his forearm. Vince Neil and Taime Downe happen to support the art of nip ’n’ tuck, as they were seen fondling a set of very, shall we say, silicone-inspired dates, courtesy of the Hollywood Tropicana. Vince finally fled Implant City to the comparative safety of the stage, his excuse being the need to join G&R on their last song. We, on the other hand, could barely tear ourselves away.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 am

From L.A. Weekly, January 6, 1989:

1988.01.21 - The Cathouse, Los Angeles, USA 1989_011
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Kim Thayil and Chris Cornell from Soundgarden was at this show:

Chris [Cornell, Soundgarden front man] and I went and saw Guns N’ Roses at the Cathouse. They hadn’t gone gold yet, but I remember we went there with an A&R person from Geffen and they told us, “Their record’s going to be gold next week.” We’re like, “Okay…” That didn’t mean anything to us because we’re just kids in a band. The Cathouse, there was a lot of fucking Aqua Net and spandex and we thought that was kind of stupid and silly. But we’re watching them play and Chris and I looked at each other like, “Fuck, these guys have some presence.” It didn’t seem rehearsed. It didn’t seem scripted. It didn’t seem assembled. They seemed like they were who they were and we loved it. And then we ended up touring with them like, four, five years later.
Tom Beaujour and Richard Bienstock, Nöthin' But a Good Time: The Uncensored History of the '80s Hard Rock Explosion, 2021
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down