APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Uli on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:55 am

Wow, this comes kinda unexpected and sounds like GN'R really do work on new material!

Only this part sound kinda typical:

A 2015 release could/should happen, but he is not in a position to know any plans etc.

Heard this all before in regards to 2004 or 2005, but it took a little bit longer. Still hoping for something to happen SOON though... Cool
Uli

Plectra : 5707

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 am

I am faily confident the band have been working on songs and cautiously optimistic Axl has, too. It is still very hard to say when new music could be released, I guess it could be anywhere from next year till 2020, without completely excluding the possibility of it happening both sooner and later.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 50341

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 pm

There are similar things [=releasing an LP] on the horizon for Guns N' Roses and that's always going to be my main thing [...] Last I heard, there's a lot of music that's been recorded, alot of stuff that's done, a lot of stuff that is almost done, and it is just a matter of picking out songs that's gonna come out, you know, in the next phase, and last I heard, that's what is happening. [...] When it is ready to come out it will come out. [...] There's a lot [of material]. [...] there is stuff that has been recorded and conceived since [CD] as well. But I think that with everybody that's played on that stuff, it is fantastic music. I really hope it gets out, people need to hear it, it is great stuff [BackstageAxxess, November 2014].
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Richard talking about music they have worked on:

A lot of the new stuff that we've been working on, that, you now, some of the stuff that we've come in from nothing, and some of the stuff is stuff that we've been working on that were ideas that were there. Some of the stuff Slash did, that was like the beginning of, the seed of the song, you know, that's been around for long [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].

Being asked about writing new music:

Dj and I have worked on stuff. Nobody's worked on stuff with Ron [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].

There's so much stuff that's recorded. There is so much stuff that was done. I mean, there's three albums' worth of material, easy [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].

Being asked if Axl has sung on those three albums worth of material: Some of them, yeah, and some of them he is doing as we are here, 'cause I know this week he's recording a lot of stuff, vocally [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:46 am

The quote about Axl being in the studio and recording vocals is the most exciting thing I have heard in quite a while. Of course, it doesn't at all suggest an imminent release, but it does suggest he is at least working on the next release.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:24 am

Soulmonster wrote:The quote about Axl being in the studio and recording vocals is the most exciting thing I have heard in quite a while. Of course, it doesn't at all suggest an imminent release...

Yeah, I was thinking in very similar terms. Very Happy
(IF they checked the business side with the label beforehand, as Axl suggested in one of his interviews earlier, it might really be out in 2015. If not, it might as well be 2018...)
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:41 am

Poor Ron. Nobody wants to write with him. Silent Cry
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 4702

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:34 pm

We never had lack of new material, we have tonnes of stuff. Like Axl, before I even came in to the thing, 5 plus years ago, he had 2 full albums worth of songs recorded professionally, like in a studio, like killer stuff he's played me [Rock City, January 2015].
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Not 100% certain if this is to do with a new album, but still an interesting piece of news...
http://tinyurl.com/kx28tbg

Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose has trademarked the name Stay of Execution. This is no late April Fool’s joke, you can see the full listing below.

See also:
http://tinyurl.com/mz7ghgm

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has trademarked the title Stay Of Execution for purposes unknown.

He actually filed for the trademark several months ago although there is no indication of what it will be used for.

Several members of the current incarnation have hinted recently that there is material around for a follow-up album to 2008's Chinese Democracy.
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 am

I would think it is a trademark name for the next Las Vegas residency, but hopefully we will soon find out Smile
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:42 pm

No surprising news here...

Added Reed: "It's good stuff. That will come out awesome. When will it come out? We just don't know yet. Only Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] knows, and he's very secretive. Be patient."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-dizzy-reed-only-axl-rose-knows-when-next-album-will-come-out/#KgmVBJtJIeDV02hL.99

http://tinyurl.com/pvmgmes
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:58 am

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know. [...] There's a lot of stuff recorded that is in the can. I have no idea what will be used or scrapped or if we'll end up redoing it. I really have no idea as far as what's going on with that stuff [About Entertainment, July 15, 2015].
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 am

Updated with a couple more comments from Richard. Again, he is excited about a new record, says this is an amazing lineup, and admit they haven't really started recording for an album but have lots of ideas. Basically the same thing he has been saying now since at least 2011.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Rumour's currently going around that an "insider" claimed there will be one new song on an upcoming live album by the band (said to be "Atlas Shrugged" with Duff and Slash on it). No idea how "legit" this is (probably not at all)...

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/26441-gnr-%F0%9F%92%AF-legit-insider-ama/&

Suspect
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 am

I think MSL has been pushing thatg rumour. Oh well, let's hope.

In general, though, I don't like tacking studio songs on live records. What's the point? Sell more records? Why not put out a new studio record instead.
Soulmonster
Tour plane captain

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Yesterday at 9:26 pm

Once again, just a rumour, hearsay, but...

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/
Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N’ Roses’ Madison Square Garden show, “surrounded by women,” a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that “he and Slash are ‘getting along great’ and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,” the spy said. “And that once he and Slash got past ‘stubbornness’ and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.”

https://tinyurl.com/yd67sbnn
Uli

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum