APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

+9
Uli
puddledumpling
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Young_Gun
axl_wanna431340
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
13 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 pm

I am not surprised at all. It is full-on nostalgia now. Anything new will come from side projects, The Conspirators and possible AC/DC. I would be surprised if the band doesn't go on a long hiatus after the summer's touring.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Uli Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 am

Dizzy interview in German, released in the "Augsburger Allgemeine" newspaper:
https://tinyurl.com/y8umw52w

In this, he claims that Guns N'Roses do have lots of songs and he thinks they will be released "one day". (Yeah, he remains very vague.)

Haben Sie jetzt Ihre Soloplatte gemacht, weil es von Guns N’Roses in nächster Zeit nichts Neues geben wird?

Dizzy Reed: Nein, das hat nichts miteinander zu tun! Wir haben viele neue Guns N’Roses-Songs in der Schublade liegen. Die werden wir eines Tages sicher veröffentlichen.

Wird es jemals eine neue Platte von Guns N’Roses geben?

Reed: Das hoffe ich. Diese Frage habe ich in den letzten Jahren schon tausendmal gehört. Ich kann darauf keine befriedigende Antwort geben. Da ich aber ein optimistischer Mensch bin, gehe ich davon aus, dass es eines Tages so weit sein wird.

My rough translation of this quote:

Did you make your solo album because there will be nothing new from Guns N'Roses anytime soon?

No, the one thing has nothing to do with the other. We got many new GN'R songs in the drawer. We will release them one day for sure.

Will there ever be a new Guns N'Roses record?

I hope so. I've heard this question about a 1000 times over the last few years. I can't give a satisfying response. As I am an optimistic human being, I suppose one day there will be.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks. Doesn't sound too promising for new music any time soon.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Fernando is currently posting at mygnrforum:

MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle: Hi, Fernando. Thanks for stopping by to clarify things. I know this is a long shot, but hey, worth a try, since you're here and all. Are you able to give us any indication if there's new music from Guns on the horizon? Near or distant future? Even a hint? We're love to know.

Fernando: That's the question, eh! We just released a brand new single!
Yes, I am sure there will be.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Another thing, not necesarrily related to new music, but interesting still:

Lim666: Regarding the ultimate kick-ass AFD box with old demos....are there any plans for releasing (pre-)AFD related live videos? Marc Canter is a good guy!!

Fernando: We can agree to disagree.

So Fernando has something against Marc Canter??
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 18, 2018 10:17 pm

And as an answer to this question from Gordon Comstock:

is there any plans to release new music in the future? I don't mean remastered songs like 'Shadow Of Your Love' or 'Crash Diet' or any other old demo we've been listening to for years... will songs like Atlas Shrugged or The General ever be released? Is there a plan to re-write Chinese-era songs with Slash and Duff? Are they writing anything new from scratch?
I know you can't give specifics but it'd be nice to know if 'something' is in the works.

Fernando answered: "something"
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat May 19, 2018 7:47 am

Soulmonster wrote:Another thing, not necesarrily related to new music, but interesting still:

Lim666: Regarding the ultimate kick-ass AFD box with old demos....are there any plans for releasing (pre-)AFD related live videos? Marc Canter is a good guy!!

Fernando: We can agree to disagree.

So Fernando has something against Marc Canter??

Come to think of it. That is not unexpected at all. Marc was always open about his skepticism of Team Brazil.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu May 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I know you can't give specifics but it'd be nice to know if 'something' is in the works.

Fernando answered: "something"

Oh well, "something" is better than "nothing". Wink
Fernando remains as vague as Dizzy, but at least he gives us a little bit of "hope". Angel
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 25, 2018 8:29 am

Yeah, that's what I take from it, too. A little bit of hope.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Nothing new here really, more like a summary:
https://hasitleaked.com/articles/a-new-guns-n-roses-album-in-2019/
For instance, Revolver recently posted a fairly wide-ranging interview with Slash, and on the last question he addressed the calls for a new album. “We’ll see what happens” was basically the guitarist’s stance, and he added that it’s early to tell what’s going to happen regarding new material.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 pm

It certainly looks like there could be a new album. At least no one is denying the possibility. And I am sure they would have phrased themselves differently if Axl had vehemently rejected the idea. So I suppose it could happen. Still, even if they are able more or less in favor of making a new record, it doesn't mean they will succeed at getting it out. Axl is undoubtedly more relaxed but it doesn't mean the process of getting a record recorded and released will be a smooth run.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am

I heard a whisper there might be a "mini album" by GNR coming up. Just a rumour, make of that what you want...
It would be "a start", I'd say!
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Uli wrote:I heard a whisper there might be a "mini album" by GNR coming up. Just a rumour, make of that what you want...
It would be "a start", I'd say!

You heard it from Axl?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
You heard it from Axl?

Yeah, right... not. Blanco
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:59 am

From the recent interview in St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

Richard: "Slash is on tour right now. Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am

Slash remains rather vague about it, but he hopes there will be an album!

http://tinyurl.com/y6tltjpw

"Axl [Rose, vocals], Duff [McKagan, bass], myself and Richard [Fortus, guitar] have all talked about… there's material and stuff going on already for a new record," he confirmed (see video below). "It's just, with GUNS N' ROSES, you don't go, 'Oh, there is a plan, and it's gonna be like this,' because that's not how it works. So, basically, the only real answer to give is we're hoping to put a new record out, and we'll just see what happens when it happens."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-confirms-new-guns-n-roses-material-is-in-the-works-praises-really-magical-reunion-tour/
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am

The "stuff going on already" is intriguing Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 pm

From another recent interview with Slash:

Before the chat, I’m told not to ask about Guns but Slash -born Saul Hudson in London - mentions them frequently. And after our chat, the rumour that his old band will get back together for a new album is confirmed.
https://tinyurl.com/y5zt5hvo
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85501

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Duff is chiming in:

"I heard some new material and there's been some jams going around, and that's the next step for us, for the GN'R thing."

"Oh, it's real. But the fun part and the cool part about GUNS N' ROSES is we don't really talk about it, and what happens next just happens. It's never been that band that there's a direct schedule of how we do things."

"I've heard some magnificent stuff that Axl [Rose, vocals] has — really cool stuff he'd been working on. So I'm excited about the possibilities with that, of course. I don't mean to get anybody rabid. [A new GUNS N' ROSES album] will happen when it happens, that's for sure."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:10 am

Based on the auto-translation, Slash says there's "a lot of activity towards a new album":
Gitarrist Slash hofft auf neues Guns N' Roses-Album

US-Rockband steckt "sehr viel Energie" in neue Platte

US-Rockgitarrist Slash hat ein neues Album seiner Band Guns N' Roses in Aussicht gestellt. "Im Moment gibt es sehr viele Aktivitäten, die darauf ausgerichtet sind", sagte der 53-Jährige der "Welt am Sonntag". "Es wird sehr viel Energie in die Idee gesteckt, ein neues Album zu ermöglichen. Wir werden sehen."

https://tinyurl.com/y4ecv8rh
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:09 am

Slash: Then, after [August], I’m gonna hook up with Guns N’ Roses. Guns N’ Roses has a small tour in October. And then, you know, there’s been so much talk about the Guns N’ Roses record, which we haven’t actually done anything with (laughs); so we’re gonna sort of focus on that. And the Conspirators will be some time coming up, depending on what Guns N’ Roses is doing, but I’ve already started putting together material for the new Conspirators record.   [Futuro 88.9 FM, Chile]
https://tinyurl.com/y5wy9cg6

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 pm

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 5 Uten_n13
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Can't view what's in your post there, SoulMonster.

Anyway, there is "news" that Slash's amp needs to be "tuned up" to "sound stellar" and be used in Axl's Malibu studio...
Here on a German page:

https://www.msl24.de/promis/guns-roses-nehmen-axl-und-slash-neue-songs-auf-neue-hinweise-12221874.html
The "Work on new record" thread - Page 5 1701888059-guns-roses-Br3NCyVf1
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Uli wrote:Can't view what's in your post there, SoulMonster.

Anyway, there is "news" that Slash's amp needs to be "tuned up" to "sound stellar" and be used in Axl's Malibu studio...

That's the picture I posted, too. You can't see it? Huh?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:15 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
That's the picture I posted, too. You can't see it?

No, just a white cross on black background. Nevermind.

Would be good if something's happening with new recording(s) indeed! Very Happy
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
That's the picture I posted, too. You can't see it?

No, just a white cross on black background. Nevermind.

Would be good if something's happening with new recording(s) indeed! Very Happy

If Slash is recording for a future GN'R release then I doubt he would engage in such a project without having received some guarantee from Axl it wouldn't be 1990 all over again. Some agreement that stipulates obligations on Axl and milestones so it won't take many years, if ever, before the music is released. Because surely Slash must have learnt by now? Or perhaps he has become convinced over these last years that Axl has changed his ways?

Regardless, quite exciting.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 pm

I'm seeing the picture. Exciting news really.
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4836

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

What Slash says in the last Loudwire interview is really encouraging, too:

"No, we're actually into it now, but at the same time everybody's still busy with a million other things. We haven't been able to sit down and completely focus on just the one thing, but we have been toying around with stuff. [...] I don't think anything has been worked up to the point of ... well, let's put it this way. Ideas are coming in."

So they have "toyed around" with stuff, they are "into" making the new album, and "ideas are coming in". This indicates not only that they are mentally in the right place, but that they have actually started working on songs and adding ideas.

I have to say I was wrong. I was opposed to the reunion mainly because I thought it would be a barrier to new music. First off, I never thought the reunion would happen (talking about Slash and Duff back, not the whole AFD reunited), and if it did happen I feared it would just be a one-off nostalgia trip and then it would be over. That they would also feel like making a new record, was not something I felt plausible. And with that, I would have preferred the 2014 lineup to continue instead (not that it either looked like it was going to release anything). So I was wrong. And if the result actually materializes, then I will be very happy about being wrong.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 07, 2019 2:31 pm

The next issue of Kerrang! features Duff with the title "Duff McKagan: Life, Loss And The Future Of Guns N’ Roses". It will probably be interesting and shed some light on a new possible record. If I understand thigs correctly, Kerrang! is issued every week or so, so hopefully any statements from Duff are fresh.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 08, 2019 9:26 am

During an appearance on yesterday's (Monday, May 6) edition of "Trunk Nation LA Invasion: Live From The Rainbow Bar & Grill" on SiriusXM, GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan was asked if the band has any other plans beyond playing the already announced three festival shows — Louder Than Life, Austin City Limits and Exit 111 — this fall. He responded (hear audio below): "There's nothing else I can tell you… Things are super, super, super positive in that camp. We are having the best times of our lives right now, I think. Things are going well. So you'll hear more from us."

Duff was also pressed about the reports that GUNS N' ROSES was recording new material last month at singer Axl Rose's studio in Malibu, California. Asked if the band had fresh music already in the works or if a new GN'R release is still just in the talking stages, Duff said: "In classic GN'R vernacular, I'm not gonna say anything. We'll keep the mystique."
Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/is-guns-n-roses-working-on-new-music-well-keep-the-mystique-says-duff-mckagan/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next