APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl Rose

+2
puddledumpling
Soulmonster
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Axl Rose - Page 3 Empty Re: Axl Rose

Post by Soulmonster Tue 27 May 2014 - 13:36

The X-ray was for checking the audience's bags during the last residency gig.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76709

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 28 May 2014 - 8:02

Big thanks to all the fans and media for the props reacting to the Spin top vocalists article.

From what I could tell, the original article was for the most part only talking about the professionally recorded vocal range of the singers they compared calling the entire group "The World's Greatest Singers." It's very flattering and humbling to be included in such an illustrious ensemble.

If I had to say who I thought the best singers were, I'd say first that I don't know there's a definitive answer as in my opinion it's subjective, and second that my focus is primarily rock singers.

That said, I enjoy Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney, Dan McCafferty, Janice Joplin, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Roger Daltrey, Don Henley, Jeff Lynne, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Scott, Etta James, Fiona Apple, Chrissie Hynde, Stevie Wonder, James Brown and a ton of others (predominantly 70's rock singers) and would rather hear ANY of them anytime rather than me!

Peace!

Axl
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Wed 28 May 2014 - 14:17

Axl is a dude.Axl Rose - Page 3 3677276761
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4889

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 28 May 2014 - 14:20

Nice of Axl to honor some of his favorite singers and I like his humbleness in regards to his own voice.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 16:03

Axl and 'Paradise City' in Budweiser ad:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 12:09

Just like his headphone "endorsing", that one comes rather unexpectedly...
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9475

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 12:38

Yeah, in a way it is good to know he is still relevant enough to be put in commercials and endorsement, although I think that Budweiser ad is annoying.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 10:41

New tweet from Axl:

It relates to this story: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-berates-cops-dog-shot-dead-fenced-in-backyard-article-1.1845699
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:16

While looking for quotes on Appetite for Discussion I cam upon this from Axl which I think is quite telling:

I've been in all kinds of different bands in LA, some of which exist now and some who don't, where we've been going to go into studio and right then and there I've quit because I wouldn't allow myself to be on record if it was to come out that way. I had a really strong idea of what I wanted to show people musically and I've never let up on it just for the sake of getting successful or having a place to sleep. You can hear 'It's So Easy' and go, "it's such a crazy song," and yeah, it is, but it is also art to me. [...] A beautiful ballad with a full symphony [...] is just as much art as 'It's So Easy' to me. And I believe in art first [Interview with Sam Harris, December 1987].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 12:13

This is also interesting:

Being asked if being in GN'R is a lifetime commitment: As far as I see it, I mean, if I get real, like, say, if we get into some type of material that is just, they [the radio stations] won't play it anyway and no on else will buy it, but it's where I am at, well, then the only thing that would bother me is that I wouldn't have the budget to record it [as?]well but at least I'd have my past records to be happy with, and I could go and sell pot, you know, smuggle pot from Mexico, having a gun, a Harley and live in the desert in Arizona. And if I play my cards right and pick the place to live just right, once California sinks I'd be a rich man with beach-front property. I'm planning out my alternatives in case I get shut out of the business [Interview with Sam Harris, December 1987].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:46

An interview with Kevin Lawrence, the guitar player in Rapidfire, Axl's band pre-Hollywood Rose:

IT’S SO EASY. . . METAL SLUDGE EXCLUSIVE: For the first time, here is a detailed interview with Kevin Lawrence, Axl Rose’s first-ever guitarist in a 1983 band called Rapidfire

Posted by: Metal Sludge in 20 Questions 1 day ago 7 Comments 2,871 Views

10656439_864529586890555_493299049_n

IT’S SO EASY
METAL SLUDGE EXCLUSIVE: For the first time, here is a detailed interview with Kevin Lawrence, Axl Rose’s first-ever guitarist in a 1983 band called Rapidfire.
By Gerry Gittelson
Metal Sludge Editor at Large

LOS ANGELES – Axl Rose is among the biggest rock stars in the world with an estimated net worth of $150 million, and meanwhile, guitarist Kevin Lawrence from Rose’s first-ever band called Rapidfire is struggling just like the rest of us, a former internet techie who laid to rest his dreams of rock fame right around the time Guns N’ Roses was skyrocketing in the late 1980′s with “Appetite For Destruction,” one of the biggest-selling albums in history.

But did you know Rose had recorded a five-song demo with Rapidfire in 1983? After a series of false starts that included lawyers going back and forth in addition to a failed kickstarter campaign, the Rapidfire tapes are scheduled to be released Nov. 1 in the form of a worldwide CD and internet streams.

There has been a few press releases about Rapidfire through the years, plus a sample from a couple of songs has more than 100,000 hits on youtube, but in this Metal Sludge exclusive, Lawrence talks for the first time about what it was like to be in Axl Rose’s first band.

Grab a seat, shut the door, and tune in attentively. This is going to be good.

———————————————————————
axl 3
Rapidfire 1983

METAL SLUDGE: OK, tell me about the first time you met Axl Rose.

We were hanging out in front of the Troubadour, a club in Hollywood, and he was outside smoking a cigarette. I came out for some air, and he and we just started talking. He was cool-looking, and he asked if I was in a band, and I said, “Yeah, but we’re looking for a singer.” He said he was a singer, and I asked if had a P.A., and he said yeah, so I told him to come audition. He came out, and we hired him on the spot.

AR_KL_Sept_2014_222SLUDGE: How old were you guys?

I think 19 or 20. I was 19, and he was a year older.

SLUDGE: Was he as good as he would eventually be in Guns N’ Roses, or was his voice still developing?

He was good. Like I said, we hired him on the spot, but who could ever foresee that kind of popularity? I would say he was definitely one of the best singers in the whole Troubadour scene, and we got him.

SLUDGE: Tell me about his personality. What was he like back then?

Very mellow. I knew him as Bill Bailey. I don’t know Axl Rose.

SLUDGE: How long were you together?

Like two months. We played a couple of parties and played Gazzarri’s a bunch of times, and we even won battle of the bands there. We got good very quickly, and then I got us into the studio. I had some money, and I paid for it all. All the songs were already written on sheets, and we taught Axl the melodies, and he was actually a pleasure to be in a band with. We would practice and hand out flyers, and he always showed up on time. He was not the way people would think he would be.

SLUDGE: What about hanging out? Would you have fun and scam on chicks together and that sort of stuff?

Not really. It was more about the rock and roll. He had a girlfriend, and I didn’t, so I was more the one whoring it up back then,

SLUDGE: What were the names of songs you recorded?

“Ready to Rumble,” “All Night Long,” “Closure,” “On The Run,” and “Prowler.”

SLUDGE: Three clichés out of five, not bad.

Ha

SLUDGE: Which was the best song?

I would say the two best songs were “Ready to Rumble” and “Closure.”

Axl_Sept_1_2014_ASLUDGE: So what happened?

We were doing regular gigs at Gazzarri’s and stuff, and our image was pretty much early-80s with jeans and spandex and denim and leather and stuff, and then one night Axl showed up with Izzy Stradlin looking like the “Welcome to The Jungle” guy. He had died his white leather jacket pink, his hair was everywhere with like four cans of aqua net, and I was all, “What’s this about?” He said it was his new image. We did the gig and had an amicable chat. It’s not a salacious story. I was like, “This is the direction I want to go, and you can do your thing, and we’ll do our thing,” and we shook hands, and that was it.”

SLUDGE: Did you see again much through the years?

Not really. He hung with a different Hollywood crowd than I did. I don’t want to say the wrong thing, but I wasn’t involved with what he and Izzy where involved with.

SLUDGE: I guess I can read between the lines on that one.

The weird thing was, I saw him like 15 years ago at Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, and he was like, “Hey Kevin,” like we hadn’t missed a beat. People started kind of gathering around, so eventually he said, “I’ve got to go,” but we were always amicable. The only problems we have had were about releasing this Rapidfire CD, but that was all speaking through lawyers, and for all I know, he probably doesn’t even give a shit and barely even knows what’s going on.

axl

SLUDGE: Through the years, were you envious of Guns N’ Roses?

I felt bad, sure, but I was happy for him. I would have liked to be part of it. Slash was a better guitar player than me, but maybe I could have played bass.

SLUDGE: At the time, when Axl left, did you keep going? What happened?

I took over the singing, and we added a second guitar player for a little while, but we didn’t call it Rapidfire anymore. There were a revolving door of musicians, and I ended up moving to the San Fernando Valley.

SLUDGE: Why have you waited so long to release the Rapidfire tapes? Why didn’t you do it when Guns N’ Roses was so huge, or shortly afterward?

I wasn’t out to ride his coat tails. It was just a demo that we did, and to be honest, I didn’t know I still had it. Then one day I was moving, and I opened a box, and there it was. I was like, “Oh man, this is going to be great.” I got it digitized, which was really hard to do from an eight track reel to reel, but I did it and remixed it in a studio.

SLUDGE: Does it sound good?

It does. It sounds fantastic. It really does, and I am my biggest critic.

10656489_864532736890240_1789192365_nGuns N’ Roses fans feast your eyes on this and take a quick listen below

SLUDGE: Nowadays, when you tell people the story of you were in Axl’s first band, what is the reaction?

Most of the time, people just say “No way.” But I have no reason to lie. My lawyer has kept everything very hush-hush and secret. The reason I never released it back in the day is because it was just wasn’t my thing. I wasn’t part of Guns N’ Roses, and like I said, I didn’t want to ride his coat tails, but when I found it again, I thought to myself: “I have to release this.” You know why? Because it’s more a piece of history, and it happens to be good, too. It’s a piece of history, and anyone who is an Axl Rose fan or a Guns N’ Roses fan, then this is truly a must-have for their collection.

SLUDGE: Oh by the way, did you ever go to a Guns N’ Roses concert?

No, I’ve never seen them.

Axl_Sept_1_2014_BSLUDGE: You’re kidding me. Why not?

I dunno. I guess I like AC/DC better.

SLUDGE: Tell me more about Axl. It feels like you’ve been holding back.

Like I said, he was great to be in a band with. He always showed up on time. I had no complaints with him at all. Between all the members in the band, he and I actually hung out the most because the others all had girlfriends.

SLUDGE: Do you have any specific memories at all? Anything the Sludge readers would really enjoy?

I remember Axl and I sitting on a rooftop in Westwood, talking about when we were gonna be rock stars on day, and the one really specific memory I have is he said that all he wanted was just a pair of snake-skin boots. So like I said, he and I kind of hung out in Hollywood, while the other guys all had different lives. He and I were really dedicated.

SLUDGE: What was his favorite food, his favorite place to eat?

God, I don’t remember.

SLUDGE: What about drinking. Did you guys drink much?

Never really knew him to get drunk or really saw him drinking much. I never saw him intoxicated. He always seemed in control. I wish I could give you a more salacious story, but the truth is, he was really business-like. He did gigs, we hung out a bit, he came to rehearsal, and he was always gung-ho. I think he liked being in the band, but I also think that ultimately he wanted to be in a band with Izzy. I mean, even through we were in a band together, we were more like casual friends than best friends.

AR_KL_Sept_2014_2SLUDGE: Where did he live at the time? In Hollywood or the Valley?

I think he kind of lived from place to place, doing the couch tour or living with his girlfriend, Gina.

SLUDGE: How did Axl get from place to place back then? Did he drive or did he take a bus or get rides?

I think he borrowed his girlfriend’s car most of the time.

SLUDGE: What kind of car was it?

I’m not sure, but I think it was a Toyota Corolla or something like that, a little white cracker-box thing.

SLUDGE: Tell me more about Gina. What was her last name?

Not sure. I don’t remember.

(EDITOR’S NOTE; Her last name is Siler)

SLUDGE: Was she super beautiful?

She was cute.

SLUDGE: What was Axl’s response to the Rapidfire demo? Did he like it?

I don’t think he ever heard it, honestly, because we broke up three days after doing the recording.

When I saw him years later, he was like, “Hey, can I get one of those tapes?” He gave me his phone number, and I called him, but he never called back.

SLUDGE: Really? Do you still have his number?

No, I didn’t keep it. Like I said, this was years ago.

SLUDGE: What about pot? Did he smoke pot?

I don’t think so.

MARC_GNR_book_frontSLUDGE: Did you smoke pot?

Yeah, I smoked pot, but never with him.

SLUDGE: By the way, how well did you know Izzy?

Well enough not to get along with him.

SLUDGE: Why? Did you think he was going to steal Axl?

I knew he would try. I knew it was coming. I knew that eventually that Izzy’s plan was to be in a band together with him.

SLUDGE: Tell me more about Izzy, specifically why you didn’t like him.

He was just rude, but I don’t want to dig myself into a hole here. I don’t want to trash anyone. Izzy and I just never became friends. Let’s put it that way.

SLUDGE: Do you have any more details at all about Axl? Anything?

There really isn’t that much more to tell. It was almost like the video from “Welcome to The Jungle,” when he first arrives in L.A., just a farm kid with piece of straw in his mouth. He wasn’t timid, but he definitely wasn’t Axl Rose yet. He was Bill Bailey.

SLUDGE: Was he fun to hang out with? Did you enjoy his company?

I did enjoy his company because he was really professional, a pleasure to work with. We were from different places. He was from Indiana.

SLUDGE: I know, but to me, when you’re 19 years old and in a band together, a guitar player and a singer would seem to know EVERTHING about each other, even things like how much ketchup he puts on his French fries. I guess I just have a different view of what a young band is like.

Well, maybe that’s why we never made it. Maybe you’re right. I would have liked that. I certainly didn’t get that out of the other members, either. Basically, Axl and I would see each other at the Troubadour. That was our social hub, and that’s where we would meet a lot of the time. It was like, “OK, I’ll meet you at the Troub at 8 o’clock to pass out flyers.”

AR_KL_Sept_2014_3SLUDGE: Was Axl in your house?

Yes, he’s been to my house.

SLUDGE: Where did you live?

Brentwood.

SLUDGE: Oh, were you a rich kid?

No.

SLUDGE: Did he ever sleep over?

No, he would just come and hang out and do whatever, then he would head home and we’d meet at the Troubadour or whatever. I guess I don’t have anything that exciting about him, and I’m not going to embellish or lie.But the real truth is, when Axl got with Izzy, they just had a different vibe, and I wasn’t about to get into the shit they were doing.

SLUDGE: Let’s just say it: You mean heroin?

Well, Axl never did heroin in front of me, and I decline to continue this line of questioning.

SLUDGE: OK.

You know, the first gig Axl and Izzy did together after we had parted ways, I was there at the Troubadour. It was me and my bandmate Chuck and two waitresses in the whole place, and that was it.

SLUDGE: So it was a slow climb for what would become Guns N’ Roses.

Yeah.

SLUDGE: Now just to back up a little bit, you recorded the demo tape on May 25, 1983, and you played a gig on May 28 and broke up after that gig, so there was just three days in between, right?

Yeah, we just decided to head in different directions and split up. He was like, “I’m going to play with Izzy,” and it was totally amicable.

Cathouse_Block_SwagSLUDGE: Now, where had you recorded the demo?

At a place called Telstar in Burbank.

SLUDGE: Who was the producer.

Me. We had an engineer named Phil Singher who just did what I told him to do.

SLUDGE: Did the engineer make it big?

Not that I know of. The only reason I remember his name is because his name is on the demo. It was just a little eight-track studio. The whole thing cost $200.

SLUDGE: Was that a lot of money to you at the time?

Fuck yeah it was, but I wanted a demo. We had a good singer, but he quit, so I never made copies of it.

SLUDGE: By the way, did Axl ever meet your parents?

No, he didn’t meet my parents. My parents never came to my gigs.

SLUDGE: Really? Why not?

My dad was just against the whole thing, and my mom, I think she came one time to one gig.

SLUDGE: Did you resent the fact that your parents weren’t more supportive?

Sure I did. I remember later on, my dad pointed to Axl Rose and said, “See? If you would have just kept on hanging out with him, you would have made it.”
Source: http://metalsludge.tv/?p=45766
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 10:58

And on Amazon you can now listen to 30 seconds previews of the Rapid Fire demo that is to be released: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=rapidfire+ready+to+rumble

Early Axl singing in the low register with lots of vibrato Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 12:30

Axl on Twitter (14:38 - 21. Nov. 2014 )
New drink called the "Cosby." One glass n' u wake up w/out ur panties! "It's good for u in so many ways!"
(14:39 - 21. Nov. 2014 )
Next time ur stressed Keep Calm! Don't get ur panties in a wad n' have a Cosby!
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 13:22

I was just going to post those tweet but then I had computer problems Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 17:47

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 8:13

Axl commenting on the recent rumour that he was found dead in Hollywood:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 8:21

Another tweet from Axl. From a studio. Probably a reference to being dead again (ghost in the studio), but also a reference to him working right now as confirmed by Richard (laying vocals).

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 11:50

Soulmonster wrote:Axl commenting on the recent rumour that he was found dead in Hollywood:

Ha ha, I really enjoy some of his tweets, very funny! Very Happy

And him being in a studio is a very good sign (as mentioned elsewhere already)!
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 10:46

http://tinyurl.com/paqdaxq

Singer Axl Rose has taken to social media to react to the executions of Bali Nine ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

The Guns N' Roses frontman published a series of Tweets in the wake of the execution of the two men, which took place at a jail on the Indonesian island of Nusakambangan  early Wednesday morning.

The 53-year-old's comments were aimed at the nation's president Joko Widodo, who refused to return calls from Australia's Prime Minister Tony Abbott in a plea for clemency.

'The People of Indonesia deserve better,' he concluded his Twitter rant.

Hours earlier the rocker had penned an open letter to the Indonesian president, where he expressed his prior appreciation of the country which he visited with his band members in 2012.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3060213/It-s-deeply-troubling-Guns-N-Roses-frontman-Axl-Rose-pens-1500-word-letter-President-Widodo-execution-Andrew-Chan-Myuran-Sukumaran.html#ixzz3YgMIKI3M
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 11:25

The letter:

Axl Rose - Page 3 28207BC400000578-3060213-image-a-7_1430289146623
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 11:30

The entire letter:

April 27, 2015

President Joko Widodo

President of Republic of Indonesia

Istana Merdeka

Jakarta Pusat 10110, Indonesia

Mr. President,

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. In 2012 I and Guns N' Roses were both fortunate and privileged enough to perform in your country in Jakarta for the Indonesian people where we enjoyed and were taken aback by the incredible warmth of the Indonesian fans during our performance and in meeting fans and people there wherever we went. It was a very special and exciting experience we are fortunate to have had and to have as fond memories. I would like to express our sincere thanks to your country for showing us such warm and enthusiastic hospitality.

The main concern of this correspondence is in regard to the impending executions of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran of the group referred to as the Bali Nine and of Mary Jane Fiesta Veloso. In following their stories in regard to particular comments made in their regard by the Attorney General of Indonesia that their efforts and those of their representatives through the courts "are just buying time" I feel with all due respect compelled to ask why a government official derides the efforts of anyone trying to save their own life or the lives of others through proper legal channels? And if or why the government of Indonesia condones such comments by its officials?

As all three are still alive these are clearly not cases where nothing can or should be done by those who care to do their utmost in efforts to spare them. Under the circumstances it would seem that if they are executed regrettably the Indonesian government becomes the more offensive criminal.

I appeal to you Mr. President, Mr. Joko Widodo to use your power in ways to strengthen international relationships between your country and others, to show your country's strength and allow the world to witness an extraordinary act of humanity and bravery on yours and your country's part.

To show each of us that there can be hope and true redemption in times of hopelessness and despair, that rehabilitation and turning one's life around is not just for one's place in what if any afterlife there may be or one believes in but here on this earth where it can do each of us the most good in this life now. Where true justice is better achieved in not killing, not ending the lives of and not destroying others but instead in this case, this situation, right now in this moment in your hands in sparing the lives of these two able bodied young men who've proven in the Indonesian prison system they are more than capable of being productive and positive contributors to society.

Their crimes were now long ago, their hearts and minds forever changed by their crimes, their trials, the hurt they've caused their loved ones, their countrymen, their rehabilitation, remorse, the lasting and deeply embedded fears of the crushing reality of very real and drastic life and death consequences and their deepest desires to become different and better people and if not to be forgiven to be shown mercy and given the opportunity to prove themselves.

In a world where the bad often outweighs the good and evil and negativity would appear more and more prevalent we need and can use every person choosing to make a difference however that choice came about that we can get, that we can save, that we can salvage and we can spare the lives of including those who have seen and learned from the errors of their ways and in doing so we show the entire world that we are capable of forgiveness and mercy, a much greater sense of courage, strength and humanity and being so much more than that which seeks to overcome and destroy us.

To not do so does not send as much a message of deterrence but rather a cold, cruel and uncaring message of hopelessness and blindness by the powers that be. Please do not be this type of man, this type of individual blinded by rigidity and inflexibility and ignoring your true power and wisdom by not acknowledging true change verified, witnessed and confirmed by virtually all who've been involved with either of these men during their incarceration.

It's true I do not know these men nor have I met them but their story has touched me deeply. I as well as many others could easily have found ourselves in their unfortunate and unarguably self-inflicted position. People make mistakes, sometimes big and horribly regrettable mistakes and sometimes more importantly people learn from their mistakes and make new choices, strive and succeed at true positive change. To not acknowledge and give such change the opportunity to prove it's value would seem in this case a greater crime than those originally committed.

This is clearly not a case of hardened, unrepentant, violent or greed driven killers with no regard for the lives of others. They are not con men lying and faking their behavior over all these years only to return to the people they once were and are no longer. That these individuals must die purely as an example to others is in my opinion akin to a kidnapper or terrorist killing hostages to make their point and have their demands met. In carrying out their death sentences the example shown here is one of draconian justice where the punishment in this stage of the condemned's lives by virtue of their rehabilitation and genuine remorse over all these years no longer fits the original crime.

To kill these men under these conditions of their profound and proven change for the better seems a barbaric, backward and truly disgraceful act of pride, ego, fear and prejudice, prejudice against your own system and the souls of anyone who has committed what's been deemed a crime from one day making amends and having the opportunity to make things right by how they live their lives and not how they are brutally and with disregard executed.

In the case and impeding execution of Mary Jane Fiesta Veloso executing those on the bottom rungs of the ladder in the chain of drug trafficking or those caught in the web of human trafficking who may not have had the luxury of qualified representation or even proper translators during their trial seems more than unfair and proves what? That a government chooses to condemn those that it would appear few if anyone truly cares about or has ever cared about to begin with? A mother who's quite possibly sincere hopes of making a better life for her and her children have been destroyed in a tragic circumstance and with her execution only makes things worse for her family and the sorrow of those who do care that much greater.

I realize I am no one and no one to get involved with your affairs or those of your government and how this letter reads or anyone other than yourself thinks of it is irrelevant. Only the lives of these three human beings are what's important now. That said I did not speak in jest or empty flattery when I spoke of how I and my organization were affected by the depth of warmth shown us by the Indonesian people during our performance and stay in Jakarta.

I ask you now to show such great depth of humanity and compassion now to these individuals and to deny your bloodlust in your war on drugs and grant clemency to these three individuals and give them a permanent stay of execution and to change the course of your own life and place in both your country's and world history. No other can do what you alone have the power to do and that is the power to show benevolence and mercy where mercy can be truly appreciated and given it's proper respect not only by the condemned but by the entire world and it's many leaders.

Give them a chance to prove you right by living where their deaths at this stage can only prove tragic and by all involved avoidable and unnecessary. You've made your point and struck fear in both the hearts and minds of the condemned and anyone even remotely considering bad choices or already involved in those worlds. Their crimes were not committed on your watch. Life is the only thing important now, not death but life.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

cc:

U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry
U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia, Ambassador Robert O. Blake Jr.
Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Republic of Indonesia to the United Nations, His Excellency Mr.Rezlan Ishar Jenie

National Commission on Human Rights of Indonesia (Komnas HAM), Mr. Ifdhal Kasim, Chairman

Ambassador to the United States, Budi Bowoleksono
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 12:01

Pretty cool of Axl to do this. Sadly, two of the men at trial were executed.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue 5 May 2015 - 18:00

Another series of tweets, this time with the topic of boxing...
http://tinyurl.com/khhqyl8
Floyd Mayweather may have defeated Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision on Saturday, but he hardly won over a huge amount of people who plunked down up to $100 to watch the pay-per-view event, only to feel highly dissatisfied by the lackluster contest. Among those people, apparently, was Axl Rose, the lead singer of Guns N’ Roses.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 10:03

Frank was recently asked whether he has any contact with Axl, he replied that he messages with him all the time, and that he talked with him on the phone just a few weeks ago. Or something to that effect.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 10:26

From Axl's twitter:

Pitman was there, too. Are they just good friends, or are they working on something in Axl's studio? :O
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:31

Symbolism: some people are tossing oil in the fire of "reunion rumours" and Axl is extinguishing them... Razz XD
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 19:55

Haha Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri 18 Sep 2015 - 15:56

Axl's latest tweet:

And the winner of this year's Global "Civilian Douche Of The Year" Award is Iran's Mahdi Toutounchi.

Apparently this is the background:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/16/husband-bars-iranian-footballer-from-asian-championships
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat 19 Sep 2015 - 8:27

Iranian Democracy starts now...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder