APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2017.03.10 - Q104.3/Blabbermouth - Interview with Tommy

Go down

2017.03.10 - Q104.3/Blabbermouth - Interview with Tommy Empty 2017.03.10 - Q104.3/Blabbermouth - Interview with Tommy

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:15 pm

Ex-Guns N' Roses Bassist On Whether He Was Surprised By Axl Rose's Reunion With Slash: 'I Kind Of Was, But Not Really'

[...] During a recent appearance on Q104.3's "Out Of The Box" with host Jonathan Clarke, Stinson stated about his time with Guns N' Roses (see video below): "It was a good gig for me; I won't josh you on that. It was kind of weird. It was a troubling bit. I really literally had to turn down some tours with them and they got kind of frustrated with that, I think, that I couldn't go out. And I just kind of had to walk away because my circumstances were so bleak at home, and I had to just deal with it."

He continued: "Every musician, probably, that gets to any sort of place in their life where they're doing okay will probably attest, when you start to try to have family and kids, it gets real hard."

Asked if he was surprised to see Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose reunite with guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan for the "Not In This Lifetime" tour, Tommy said: "I kind of was, but not really, given the nature of what was going on. You know, like anyone, Axl has to work too, and they've all got their stuff — everyone's got their stuff that they do. But, when it comes right down to it, the dude can't just afford to sit around on his butt and do nothing. So he did the right thing — I think he totally did the right thing — and I think they're having a ball. I'm in contact with them every now and then. I shoot them texts, like, 'How're you guys doing out there? What's going on?' It's because I left it in the best way I possibly could, and I'm happy for 'em. You know, I've got a lot of friends in that group."

Stinson added that he "went and saw a couple" of the shows on the "Not In This Lifetime" tour "and had a great time seeing them. They're all still friends of mine," he said. "The only one I really don't know… I don't know Slash; I don't think I've ever met him before, although there's some people that say I had at one point. I guess I should say I don't remember meeting Slash."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-bassist-on-whether-he-was-surprised-by-axl-rose-reunion-with-slash-i-kind-of-was-but-not-really
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down