APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.07.30 - The Daily Dot - Axl Rose has hated Trump for 25 years, and other DNC revelations

2 posters

Go down

2016.07.30 - The Daily Dot - Axl Rose has hated Trump for 25 years, and other DNC revelations  Empty 2016.07.30 - The Daily Dot - Axl Rose has hated Trump for 25 years, and other DNC revelations

Post by Blackstar Sun May 21, 2023 11:55 pm

Axl Rose has hated Trump for 25 years, and other DNC revelations

By John Policastro

As President Obama gave one of the most significant speeches of his administration in support of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Wednesday night, the most significant moment in a series of week long city-wide protests was raging outside the gates. A handful of hardline protesters who felt that the DNC had rigged the election against Sen. Bernie Sanders, emboldened by the embarrassing DNC email leaks, had managed to break through the security barricades and into a Secret Service-designated secure zone.

There they were greeted by the beefy arms of baton-wielding Philly cops while flags—and one unfortunate person—momentarily burned behind them. Seven protesters were hauled off while Old Glory smoldered on the pavement amid furious chants of "Hell no, DNC! We won't vote for Hillary!" These smells and sounds were quickly replaced with incense and peaceful sing-a-longs. It was about 20 minutes into the chill chants of "We are in this together, hey-hey!" when a man standing near me at the drum circle whispered: "Bro, I'm gettin, a little sick of this koombaya shit."

A year ago, I couldn't have imagined that this week would have begun with what seemed like an improbable peace treaty between two old colleagues whose friendship stretched decades back but were now more well-known for a power struggle that momentarily ripped them apart. I am, of course, talking about Axl Rose and Slash of Guns N' Roses, who are enjoying a wildly successful reunion tour this summer and are perhaps the only two people to legitimately unite a party this year.

On my way down from Boston to the convention Sunday night, I made a brief detour to the ass-end of the GNR afterparty in New York, held at Club Never Never on 14th Street, which featured appearances by actor/comedians Maya Rudolph, Jordan Peele, and Dean Winters. Axl, swaddled inside a human hive of models, made time to briefly chat with fans and sign autographs, grinning ear to ear, before heading back to his bus, which was equipped with a stripper pole, champagne, and, naturally, more models. This was clearly not the raucous rocker the liberal mainstream music media has been lying to you about, and that point was only driven home harder as the subject of Republican nominee and Twitter savant Donald Trump came up.

Attending a Guns N' Roses concert some 25 years ago, Trump gushed to Rose, "You're like the Donald Trump of rockers!" A curious and apparently unwelcome comparison from the spoiled son of a high-rise Hitler to a man who had grown from the humble soil of Indiana into one of the most iconic and wealthy musicians of all time, thanks to hard work and determination, which are apparently mere buzzwords to Trump L'Orange.

[...]

Full article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160802175606/https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/axl-rose-hates-donald-trump-dnc-revelations/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2016.07.30 - The Daily Dot - Axl Rose has hated Trump for 25 years, and other DNC revelations  Empty Re: 2016.07.30 - The Daily Dot - Axl Rose has hated Trump for 25 years, and other DNC revelations

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 26, 2023 9:26 am

This is an annoying article. What exactly did Axl say about Trump when the subject came up which made the writer claim that Axl has hated Trump for 25 years?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down