APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Billy Howerdel talks about working with Axl

Go down

Billy Howerdel talks about working with Axl Empty Billy Howerdel talks about working with Axl

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:54 am

Billy Howerdel posted on Instagram on Feb 7, 2023:

Billy Howerdel talks about working with Axl Axlbil10

In 1997, Robin Finck gave me a call (on my landline, duh)
He had just got an offer to go down to the GNR rehearsal studio to play some guitar. He wanted me to help him program sounds. After about two or three days, Axl and I hit it off and although I was fully planning on pursuing my own music at the time, Axl seem to believe in me enough to offer me a position to be involved in the making of the new GNR album. This position was loosely, defined, started with programming guitar sounds, but quickly moved into incorporating computer recording into their workflow. I was at the beginning of learning this craft which I started absorbing on the NIN and David Bowie tours and Axl was kind enough to hire me to work, but also learn and figure things out as we moved into this new era.
It was an interesting and educational 2 1/2 years and I have to say, Axl was one of the most supportive People when it came to believing in what would become a Perfect Circle.
He was a generous, empathic and inspirational man.
Thank you Axl and happy birthday!

@gunsnroses
@aperfectcircle
@robinfinck
📸 @betalebeis
10 h

Sean Beavan replied:

Thanks for bringing me into those GNR sessions Billy. It was a fun couple of years and Axl was a very generous guy and great to work with during that time. Definitely wishing him a happy birthday.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76772

Uli and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down