APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.06.13 - Loudwire - Interview with Billy Howerdel

2 posters

Go down

2018.06.13 - Loudwire - Interview with Billy Howerdel Empty 2018.06.13 - Loudwire - Interview with Billy Howerdel

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 am

Transcript of GN'R part:

Interviewer: In what other ways did, like, kind of your original content for A Perfect Circle change from, "This is what I would like to do," - "Oh, we're now abandoned," [?] and this is different than what you thought it would be?

Billy Howerdel: You know, when Maynard said he wanted to sing on it and get involved. I was at the same time working for Guns N' Roses in the studio for a few years at that point and I was really learning how to make records. I mean, that record, Chinese Democracy, took a long time and there was a lot of money and a lot of resources gone into it, so I learned how to... just [being] around people that were really good at what they did, I learned how to make a record, so it really gave me the tools to be able to do it.

Interviewer: We've been playing Talk Talk on this show very often. What can you tell us about how that came together musically?

BH: Ah, funny side story of that. Like, I always title things, the working title, just was what just happened, you know. If I write a song now it'd be called Gold Hand or something, it's like that's nothing to do with anything emotionally, but just an anchor. That song was called Dreams and it was just because I just wrote it right when Robin Williams passed away and What Dreams May Come came up as an anchor to name the demo. And it made me kind of reach back out to Axl, it was something we kind of connected on that movie and the message and something. So it kind of was steeped in a lot of like emotions that we were talking about at the time.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2018.06.13 - Loudwire - Interview with Billy Howerdel Empty Re: 2018.06.13 - Loudwire - Interview with Billy Howerdel

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 pm

Transcribed the sort-of GN'R parts.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76582

Back to top Go down