APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles)

Go down

2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles) Empty 2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:11 am

Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together', Fred Durst tells Reading crowd

Fred Durst claimed that Limp Bizkit are responsible for Guns 'N Roses' prime players Axl Rose and Slash burying the hatchet during his band's set on the NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage at Reading festival.

The nu metal band took to the stage at 9:10pm, opening with their hit 'Rollin' as the audience crammed into the tent. Durst was wearing a blue baseball cap and grey tracksuit with 'Not Robert' emblazoned on the hoody, a reference to the New York real estate heir Robert Durst, who is alleged to have confessed to several murders on the HBO documentary The Jinx.

During a segment of the show that Durst dubbed "Limp Bizkit karaoke", the singer followed a brief burst of the solo from 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with the news that his band were behind Guns 'N Roses reuniting.

"I'd like you to know that we're responsible for Axl and Slash being back together," Durst told the crowd. "We had a meeting and it went really well."

https://web.archive.org/web/20150831012529/http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/87911
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles) Empty Re: 2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:19 am

On Sept. 8, 2015, Fred Durst was asked by TMZ:
--------------------------------------------------------

Fred Durst is being credited for getting Slash and Axl Rose talking again -- possibly for a reunion -- and he not-so-coyly hinted that Guns 'N Roses are about to go on tour.

Fred was leaving Craig's in West Hollywood Monday night when our photog invited him to take credit for what could be one of the most awesome reunions in years.

He kinda does.

https://www.tmz.com/2015/09/08/fred-durst-guns-n-roses-axl-rose-slash-reunion-video/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles) Empty Re: 2015.08.28 - NME - Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit are responsible for 'Axl and Slash being back together' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:21 am

Audio Ink Radio, Sept. 12, 2015:
----------------------------------------

Fred Durst says he’s the guy who got Slash and Axl Rose back together

The rumors of an impending reunion of the classic Guns N’ Roses lineup have amped up lately, thanks to Slash recently telling Sweden’s Aftonbladet that he recently chatted with frontman Axl Rose “to dispel some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long” and that “it was probably way overdue.”

Now, a surprising rocker is weighing in on the possibility of a Guns N’ Roses reunion: Fred Durst. The Limp Bizkit frontman is even claiming responsibility for the guys patching things up.

At Limp Bizkit’s recent set during the U.K.’s Reading Festival, Durst told the crowd, “I’d like you to know that we’re responsible for Axl and Slash being back together,” according to NME. He added, “We had a meeting, and it went really well.”

As for a Guns N’ Roses reunion, Durst says it’s inevitable. “I don’t know, but I have a strong feeling that there’s gonna be a Guns N’ Roses tour coming up,” the he told TMZ. “So you better get your tickets when they go on sale. That’s all I can say.”

When TMZ asked Durst about the comments, he replied, “I’m no therapist.”

https://audioinkradio.com/2015/09/fred-durst-responsible-guns-n-roses-reunion/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:23 am

Ultimate Classic Rock, Sept. 8, 2015:
--------------------------------------------

Is Fred Durst Responsible for Getting Guns N’ Roses Back Together?

Anyone wondering who brokered the unexpected reunion between Axl Rose and Slash may be surprised to learn that Fred Durst is now taking credit. But it turns out that Durst and his band Limp Bizkit could indeed have a connection.

“I’d like you to know that we’re responsible for Axl and Slash being back together,” Durst told the crowd during his band's recent set at the Reading festival. “We had a meeting, and it went really well.” Limp Bizkit referenced Guns N' Roses' hit "Sweet Child O' Mine" from the NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage that night. Their 2000 song "My Generation" also pays tribute to another GNR classic, "Welcome to the Jungle," which Limp Bizkit have been known to cover.

Whether any of this has anything to do with Guns N' Roses' long-warring factions to forgive and forget remains unconfirmed. Still, Durst seems to have some personal insight into what's going on behind the scenes with Guns N' Roses – at least when it comes to the possibility of live dates featuring Rose and Slash. "I have a strong feeling that there's going to be a Guns N' Roses tour coming up," the Limp Bizkit frontman tells TMZ. "So you better get your tickets when they go on sale. That's all I can say."

Rose and Slash co-founded Guns N' Roses in 1985. After a series of hit albums, Slash split with the band a little more than a decade later.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/fred-durst-guns-n-roses-reunion/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down