APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.01.DD - The Pit (Slash fan forum) - Interview with Slash by Niko

Go down

2015.01.DD - The Pit (Slash fan forum) - Interview with Slash by Niko Empty 2015.01.DD - The Pit (Slash fan forum) - Interview with Slash by Niko

Post by Blackstar Sat May 14, 2022 3:50 pm

Interview Slash by Niko (January 2015)

Niko :  Do you plain others LP Slash Signature?

Slash : not at this time. But probably in future.

Niko :  Why don't you use the Talk Box anymore?

Slash : I do. Just not on the last record.

Niko :  A lot of french ppl would like to see you in the south of France, not only Paris. Do you think it's possible?

Slash : that really depends on the promoter. I suggest places all the time.  But it depends if there is enough of a fan base to book a show.

Niko : You wouldl have a lot of ppl in Lyon.

Slash: We played with AC/DC in Nice.

Niko : What a great place!! The "Cote d'Azur"^^

Slash : Yes. We'll see if we can get a show down there again.

Niko :   Would you like to do again a Slash & Friends album? Or maybe a blues album?

Slash : I might do another collaboration record one day. I don't know about an entire blues record.

Niko : Why did your collaboration with Adam Day stop after VR ?

Slash : VR didn't make enough money for me to afford Adam Day towards the end. I might hire him back one day.

Niko : Will we have the chance to see old GNR footages such as AFD and UYI  recording sessions pics and videos? Even if Axl owns all   the rights do  you think you could do something for us to see those footages ?

Slash : There isn't any UYI session footage unfortunately.

Niko : Do you intend to use the silver jub' in a near future again? (There is a reedition announced today by Marshall hahaha)

Slash : in using one today actually.

Niko : Do you know about some french bands? If yes which ones do you like?

Slash : Gojira is my favorite metal band.

Niko : Since the beginning of your professional career with Guns N'Roses, in  your opinion, which component of your guitar approach has evolved in  the more significant way?

Slash : the ability to hear what I'm playing before I play it; song writing.

Niko : Among all the musical collaborations that you were able to establish, is there one that you are particularly proud of?

Slash : Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis & James Brown. I grew up with them. & it was an honor to work with them.

Niko : Which track on AFD was recorded at Can-Am studios ? Live tracks were  made at Rumbo studios, overdubs at Take one studio, but what was made at  Can-Am studio ?

Slash :  we recorded Shadow of your love with Mike Clink at Can Am as a demo.

Niko : Did you get news for the Gold Top you were searching for? The one you used in the early 90's

Slash : no news.

Niko : Someone told me you bought the re-issue of the Silver Jub'. Will you  play live with it? Do you feel something special with this amp?

Slash :  I didn't buy a reissue. I do like those amps. But I don't think I like them more than JCM800

Niko : Who are the guitarists that you particularly appreciate at this time?

Slash :  I like Dereck Trucks is cool. I like Synester Gates. I haven't heard very many real exciting new guitarists lately.

Niko : Are you friend with some guitarists of the current GNR?

Slash : I've never met any of them except for the guy who wears the top hat. I can't remember his name.

Niko : What do you think about the new EMB wah? Will you use it live?

Slash : What is EMB Wah?

Niko :  you used an EMB audio wah on the Use tour and apparently you bought the new one lately...

Slash : Oh, those old ones? I'm not using one now. I have a Dunlop rack mount driving multiple wahs.

Niko : Who is the rythm guitarist with whom you enjoyed the most when recording?

Slash : I would have to say for a 2 guitar team, Izzy sounds the most interesting at the end of the day.

Niko : Why did you choose to play all the guitars on your records since  "Slash & Friends", conversely to previous records? Is it to feel  more free during the songwritting?

Slash : Myles played Rhythm  gtr on Apocalyptic Love. But I like doing all the guitars because I  know what I want the parts to sound like.

Niko : Might you consider sharing again the guitar work in the studio for one of your next project?

Slash : I will probably do all the guitars on the next one. Myles likes to  focus on singing. Frank just does the live stuff.  

Niko :  We all noticed that your sound noticeably changed since the Snakepit  era. What drove your decision to make your sound evolve in this way?

Slash : I don't consciously change my sound really. I just work with whatever it is I have on hand at the time.

Niko : The itw is now finished, everybody thanks you a lot for your time and  your kindess! Do you have a final message for french fans?

Slash : Tell the French fans they're fucking awesome. I love them. I hope the answers satisfy. The questions are very specific.                                                                                                                

Interview made for the french Slash forum The Pit                              
Thanks to Slash for his incredible kindess! You're the best man Wink

https://www.facebook.com/notes/423732389029143/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down