APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.08.14 - One On One With Mitch Lafon - Interview with Slash

Go down

2015.08.14 -  One On One With Mitch Lafon - Interview with Slash Empty 2015.08.14 - One On One With Mitch Lafon - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:08 pm

In episode 140 of One On One With Mitch Lafon, SLASH discusses his latest movie project 'The Hell Within', his latest DVD 'Live At The Roxy', working on a new album, why he's never joined another established band, is Velvet Revolver over, the Corey Taylor/Velvet Revolver recordings, working with Ace Frehley, Kings Of Chaos, how he intends to celebrate Appetite For Destruction's 30th anniversary in 2017, his upcoming fall tour and much more.

Talking Metal's Mark Strigl co-hosts this episode.

Quote from the interview:

New Slash album: "We're in pre-production now, so we'll have the record out next year."

Working with Ace Frehley: "I had never liked KISS, but I had always liked Ace."

On celebrating the 30th anniversary of Appetite For Destruction:

"We haven't really celebrated any benchmarks up to now, so I don't see any reason why that trend would change, but who knows?'

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85501

Back to top Go down

2015.08.14 -  One On One With Mitch Lafon - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2015.08.14 - One On One With Mitch Lafon - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
---------------------------------------

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has revisited the longstanding rumor Slipknot and Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor was the vocalist who came "closest" to replacing Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver.

Speaking with Canadian rock journalist Mitch Lafon, Slash confirmed that Taylor recorded as many as 10 songs with Velvet Revolver, saying (hear audio below): "Corey came in, just like a lot of other guys came in. Of course, Corey's Corey, and he's probably one of the best guys out there. I love Corey. I just thought it was a different style than what Velvet Revolver was trying to capture. But, still, the songs are cool. But if we were gonna do anything with that, they would have to be re-recorded and… 'Cause, I mean, it was very raw and very, sort of, 'making it up on the spot' kind of deal. And so we'd have to revisit everything and then we'd put it together, I think. But that's not really a plan. I'm just saying if it was… I don't wanna get any ideas in anybody's head. That would be the only way that it could be released, [and] I'm not saying that it's going to."

Slash also talked about the current status of Velvet Revolver. He said: "Well, it's an active project, let's put it that way. It's been a matter of trying to find the right guy to front that unit, which is difficult, because, as we move down the road in the millennium, the style of rock singers is changing a lot. And I think that with the [musical vision] that Duff and Matt and Dave and I have for Velvet Revolver don't really cater to the sort of stylistic vocals that are happening as we move down the road from, I think, it was 2008, was the last thing we did — 2008 up until the present. I mean, I was really fortunate to find Myles, and it was really a great thing that we just sort of locked in. But, yeah, trying to find a really genuine, honest rock and roll singer is getting few and far between."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/will-corey-taylors-recordings-with-velvet-revolver-ever-see-light-of-day-slash-weighs-in
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85501

Back to top Go down