APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists

2 posters

Go down

2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists Empty 2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists

Post by Blackstar Sat 31 Dec 2022 - 2:31

Interview: Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists

When supergroup Art of Anarchy was announced months ago, it included vocalist Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver), guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, bassist John Moyer (Disturbed), guitarist and drummer Jon and Vince Votta. Recently, Weiland called the group a “scam” and would no longer sing for them. Here, Bumblefoot addresses Weiland’s comments, the band, and his favorite guitarists.

‘Art of Anarchy’ is out June 2 via Century Media imprint, Another Century. For more on Art of Anarchy, follow them on Facebook.

REVOLVER Art of Anarchy is being hailed as a supergroup. How did the group come together and who were the founding members?

BUMBLEFOOT I’ve known Jon and Vince since they were teenagers and would record and produce their past bands. Jon called me and said he wanted to form a new supergroup, or as he jokingly called it “the Avengers of music” [laughs].  A unique group of players making music together. It was a dream of his ever since he started playing guitar. We hit the studio in May 2011 and started recording songs, laying tracks and rearranging songs whenever we could, during breaks in my touring. From there everything fell into place…

Scott Weiland recently went public saying that “it was a scam from the beginning.” Do you have any comment?

First I gotta say, Scott did an amazing job on the record, we all feel the vocals he laid down are some of the best he’s ever done. We’re thrilled and proud of the collaborative effort that went into the making of this record.  The public response has been great. We’re very happy with the whole album. As for Scott’s statement, we need to address if, or why, he made it. It was just a quote from a recent interview and we’re trying to verify that he actually did make that statement. Scott deserves the respect to publicly clarify whether he actually said that. All the members of AOA feel he should have that opportunity.

Did all of the members write and track this album together in the same room or was it pieced together online trading files?

All the music was recorded by me and the other band members at my studio in New Jersey. Scott has his own studio in L.A. and requested that he’d record his vocals there with his engineer Doug Grean. Scott Weiland, Jon Votta, Vince Votta and myself all have writers credit on the album. Scott wrote all the lyrics and the rest of us are responsible for the musical end.

With Weiland’s departure, do you see yourselves getting a new singer and touring to support this album?

Wouldn’t call it a departure as of yet. Art of Anarchy hasn’t received any official written communication that Weiland is no longer the lead singer of Art of Anarchy. There are certain legal steps you’d need to take in order to officially leave a band. We’ve been offered great touring opportunities with Scott on board even before the record’s been released. Aside from Scott, all the band members are on board for getting on stage with this. As for with who? Stay tuned…

If Weiland ever came back and apologized asking to re-join the band, would you let him back in?

He’s still technically in the band, and that all needs to be addressed. We’re keeping every option and door open.

If you could pick any vocalist in the world to replace him, who do you think would be the ideal fit and why?

Corey Taylor, M. Shadows, Josh Todd, and Danny Worsnop would be topping the wish list. They’re guys we all feel shine bright in any musical situation. That’s what’s great about Scott, he sounds amazing doing any genre of music. Availability would probably be the biggest hurdle with anyone that’s already out there doin’ it.

Did Scott write all of the lyrics?

Scott’s lyrics and melodies and harmonies are all completely his own, yes. My favorite is “‘Til the Dust.” I love the dynamics of it, from clean and spacious, to double-kick, to nylon string solos, love Scott’s melodies…

How do you feel this band and its style compares to your other releases throughout your career and what did you initially set out to accomplish with it. Do you feel looking back that you achieved your goals?

It’s different for sure. This has a foundation of Metallica/Megadeth style metal, where my own Bumblefoot stuff was always rooted more in classic rock. I spent the most time wearing the “producer hat” and capturing everybody’s identity in the music. And I’m very happy with the sound–the recording, did the mixing and mastering, it sounds like what we were shooting for. Have I achieved my goals? Honestly, I see it, life, as an infinite road that can go in any direction, and you ride it, not knowing what’s around the next turn, and you’re always just at the beginning, so much farther you can go. I focus as much as I can on what’s ahead, doing what I can while I can, and in the end you realize there’s just the journey, you don’t get to take anything with you–just leave behind what you can that will inspire others on their journey.

How did the music video fro “Til the Dust Has Gone” come together and how was it working with RAGE as director?

I’ve known Rage for years, and knew he’s the guy for capturing live performances. What really impressed me was the ‘story’ video–there were originally two videos, one was performance, the other with actors and a story, we weren’t in it. Rage combined them into one, but each really held their own…

What are some of your fondest Guns N’ Roses touring memories?

Playing the Bridge School Benefit show in 2012. I do a lot of benefit shows and it felt good to be doing that with Guns. The kids and families were on stage with us, having them strum my guitar… for me, that’s what makes it meaningful to be a musician, doing what you do for a greater good. My favorite memories were with the fans–taking an acoustic guitar and sitting outside the hotel with them giving them an impromptu acoustic show, everyone singing together. They were wonderful, and I enjoyed spending time with them whenever I could.

Who are your top five guitarists of all-time?

It’d be more like Top 50, very hard to narrow down! This list would be a bit different every time, but let’s see…

• Eddie Van Halen–hearing the intro to Mean Street when I was 12 years old opening my eyes to a whole other guitar playing world. It inspired me to seek innovation and see how many ways we can get sounds out of the strings…

• Jimi Hendrix–the dynamics, the push & pull, the phrasing off chords, the whole cool smooth vibe…

• Ace Frehley–hearing KISS Alive! at the age of 5 is what made me want to become a musician. Ace’s solos were the most singable parts of KISS songs, they were the parts of the song you hum – Detroit Rock City solo, perfect example…

• Al DiMeola–  listened to the Electric Rendezvous album as a 10 year old until the grooves were worn out. The duet “Passion, Grace & Fire” with Paco de Lucia continues to blow my mind.

• Next could be Randy Rhoads, Angus Young, Brian May, Jimmy Page, Charlie Christian, Steve Howe, Andres Segovia… let’s go with Yngwie Malmsteen–he raised the bar on virtuosity and technique, and brought neo-classical metal to a place of permanent impact.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150523012004/http://www.revolvermag.com/news/interview-bumblefoot-talks-art-of-anarchy-scott-weiland-and-top-guitarists.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88031

Back to top Go down

2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists Empty Re: 2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists

Post by Blackstar Sat 31 Dec 2022 - 2:34

From the Scott Weiland interview, Rock.About.com, April 2015:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were you surprised when the band Art of Anarchy, a project you only did vocals for, put out a press release saying it was a new supergroup that you were a member of?

No. Actually I wish I could say I was surprised, but I wasn't surprised. It was a scam from the beginning.

Did you ever actually, other than the photo shoot, work with those guys or did you just lay down vocals in your studio and send it off?

No. I had them send me the files and I worked in my studio with my engineer and I wrote the lyrics and the melodies and I sent them back. I didn't even know what their names were.

You just got the music, agreed to do it, and you didn't even know who they were?

No. I had no idea who they were.

There was just an album that needed vocals and you had some free time and said 'why not?'

No. I was paid to do it. But they were an unsigned band and they're still an unsigned band. Hey. They're gonna put it out on the Internet, and as fate will have it, they don't even have a lead singer. I'm not worried about it taking away any thunder from The Wildabouts.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150511003956/http://rock.about.com/od/artistssz/fl/Interview-Scott-Weiland-Talks-Blaster-Album-Praises-Late-Guitarist.htm
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88031

Back to top Go down

2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists Empty Re: 2015.05.21 - Revolver Magazine - Bumblefoot Talks Art of Anarchy, Scott Weiland and Top Guitarists

Post by Soulmonster Mon 20 Feb 2023 - 12:21

This feud between Scott Weiland and Bumblefoot is even funnier than the feud between Weiland and Axl.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76772

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down