APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.02.25 - Blabbermouth - Excerpt from interview in Australia (Slash)

2 posters

Go down

2022.02.25 - Blabbermouth - Excerpt from interview in Australia (Slash) Empty 2022.02.25 - Blabbermouth - Excerpt from interview in Australia (Slash)

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:52 pm

Slash Had A 'Hard Time' With 'Everything Sounding Really Rubbish' In Early Days Of Digital Recording

During Slash's February 25 press event with members of the Australian media, the Guns N' Roses guitarist was asked what the "biggest adaptation" has been for him in the nearly four decades that he has been involved in the music industry. He responded (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net): "I sort of have always just done what it is that I do and it's never really fit in with whatever the industry standard is anyway, so it's always sort of been difficult. But the biggest adaptation has really been getting through that whole digital craze, when it really kicked in with MP3s and Pro Tools first coming around and everybody just going into this sort of phase of, like, 'Look at all the possibilities. It's amazing. It's genius.' Which, technically, it really is — the things that we've been able to achieve are amazing. But then a lot of stuff sort of got kicked to the side when that happened, and a lot of it was the integrity of sound, the integrity of the warmth of what we used to really enjoy about analog. Now with digital, they actually have made it so that they recreated the warmth of analog in digital, which is great. But there was a period there where everything was sounding really rubbish, and I was having a hard time with that one because everybody was on that bandwagon and it was hard to find people that weren't. So, yeah, that was the biggest adaptation for me."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-had-a-hard-time-with-everything-sounding-really-rubbish-in-early-days-of-digital-recording/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2022.02.25 - Blabbermouth - Excerpt from interview in Australia (Slash) Empty Re: 2022.02.25 - Blabbermouth - Excerpt from interview in Australia (Slash)

Post by Shackler Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:01 am

Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2823

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down