APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2005.06.DD - KKRW Texas - Interview with Gilby [excerpt]

Go down

2005.06.DD - KKRW Texas - Interview with Gilby [excerpt] Empty 2005.06.DD - KKRW Texas - Interview with Gilby [excerpt]

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:44 pm

[...]

HOST: You recently shared the stage with Slash and Duff, tell us about that.

GILBY:t was a magical experience. It took me back to the "Use Your Illusion" tour, just rocking out with those guys. It was a lot of fun. It's funny because after the show we didn't know what to do. We leave our vices in the past so we basically just sit in the dressing room and talk nonsense about the past, present and future. It was a cool moment.

HOST: What do you think of Velvet Revolver?

GILBY: I think.....(pauses) well I mean look, they are what they are, they are straight forward hard rock. What you see is what you get. They are definitely a great band.

HOST: You seemed kind of conflicting in that answer (laughs)

GILBY: Well it's just...(laughing) ah man, well I get the feeling they aren't really into it.. like Slash and Duff, mostly Slash. I mean Slash is playing, but he's not really PLAYING. Listen to the record dude, is that really Slash? I just kind of feel at times his heart isn't really into what that band is doing, like he's going through the motions. Man I'm gonna get myself into trouble (Laughing)

HOST: Do you think he wants to re-unite with Axl?

GILBY: Shit... (laughing). Look I'm sure if they could both sit down and talk and smooth things over it would happen, but the chances of that happening are slim and none, and slim just left the building. But yeah, I mean.. in the back of their minds they BOTH want to get the thing back together. See Axl and Slash hate each other, at the same time I think they know they... uhhh.....complete each other... wow that sounded lame, but yeah.

HOST: Is Axl's ego what is keeping the band apart?

GILBY: Axl isn't really... well, (laughing), Axl is definitely an egomaniac. Not in the sense the word is usually used... Axl isn't an egomaniac in the sense that he wants all the glory to himself. I mean shit, look at GNR songs over the years, even the new ones, he lets everyone in the band get their stuff in and shine. The problem is, he's an egomaniac in the sense it has to be HIS way. So it's like, "yeah Slash go ahead and do whatever solo you want, but it has to be on MY song, the song I WANT, and if I don't like the song then we aren't using it". He sort of disregards what the rest of the band thinks and does it his own way. It wasn't always like that though.

HOST: You mentioned the new stuff, what's your opinion on it?

GILBY: It's not really my cup of tea.. and that's not to say it's bad, its just not my style. Axl is trying to go into a direction of like...shit, old Guns N Roses, mixed with Nine Inch Nails, mixed with the fuckin New York Philharmonic, mixed with Elton John. He's just really conflicted, one minute he wants to do some huge ass 10 minute epic song and the next he wants to do It's So Easy.

HOST: If GNR reunites, do you want to be on board?

GILBY: (laughs) Hey I'd love it dude, as long as all the drama is pushed to the side. I'm sure most Guns fans are gonna want Stradlin (laughing), but I would do it if asked.

HOST: Thanks for the time Gilby.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum