APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2005.11.07 - Arbiter Online - Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Tell All (Tracii)

Go down

2005.11.07 - Arbiter Online - Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Tell All (Tracii) Empty 2005.11.07 - Arbiter Online - Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Tell All (Tracii)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:29 am

Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Tell All

GREG WALLACE
Culture Writer
The Arbiter Online
Boise State University

In 1985, L.A. Guns guitarist Tracii Guns formed a band with his former singer, Hollywood Rose frontman Axl Rose. They would put the two band names together, and Guns N’ Roses was born. So Tracii put the guns in Guns N’ Roses, but his road to stardom would be with a revamped L.A. Guns. In 1988, L.A. Guns’ self-titled, major-label debut album went gold; this came hot on the heels of Guns N’ Roses’ 1987 release, “Appetite for Destruction.”

After 18 years, 16 albums, and a half a dozen different lead singers, Tracii Guns left L.A. Guns in 2003 to start the band Brides of Destruction with bass player Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue. With a new compact disc, “Runaway Brides,” just released, and the single “White Trash” hitting the airwaves, the Brides of Destruction will be tearing up the stage at the Blues Bouquet, 1010 W. Main St., this Tuesday, Nov. 8. So if you like your rock n’ roll old school, down and dirty, get off your ass, and get yourself downtown to check out this show.

[...]

Q: What happened with the Guns N’ Roses Revisited World Tour 2005 of Singapore/Thailand you were supposed to do last summer with former Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler?

A: It was originally booked as a tour with ex-Guns guitarist Gilby Clarke. I agreed to do it because they called and offered me a basket of money, but it ended up being cancelled.

Q: Did Axl Rose’s lawyers have anything to say about this matter?

A: I heard they did, because of the use of the Guns N’ Roses logo.

Q: I have heard about another tour being billed as the original L.A. Guns. You will be doing in January of next year with Paul Black singing.

A: Don’t know the status of that right now. I am not sure if the rest of the band — Mick Cripps, Kelley Nichols, Nikki Alexander — wants to do it.

Q: In a sense, will there be two L.A. Guns, with singer Phil Lewis’ band still touring and recording with the name?

A: It will only be for seven shows. I think the fans will know the difference.

Q: Was Axl Rose the original lead singer of L.A. Guns?

A: No, Mike Jargos was; after he went to jail, Axl joined. Mike was a friend of mine from high school; it was Mike who sang on the L.A. Guns’ first EP. Axl went home to Indiana for a while. It was when he came back that we formed the first Guns N’ Roses.

Q: Have you talked to Axl Rose lately?

A: No, I communicate anything I want to say to Axl through Del James*. I write to Del if I need to contact him.

Q: So Axl really has completely shut himself off from the world?

A: He’s a f****** nut.

Q: Have you ever thought of rejoining Guns N’ Roses?

A: Absolutely; when Nikki had to do the Crue thing, I called Del and told him I [had] a year-and-a-half off, but they were not done with the record yet; the timing was not right.

Q: What is the craziest thing you ever saw Axl do?

A: Our friend Michelle was getting ecstasy long before it became a popular drug. Axl is bipolar and he was doing it; it made him mean. The guy I was living with for the past two years was now crazy.

[...]

http://docplayer.net/131484512-Arbiter-november-7-scholarworks-boise-state-university-students-of-boise-state-university.html

https://elvaq.com/collegiate-newsmusic/2005/11/07/bformer-guns-n-roses-guitarist-tell-allb/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

2005.11.07 - Arbiter Online - Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Tell All (Tracii) Empty Re: 2005.11.07 - Arbiter Online - Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Tell All (Tracii)

Post by Blackstar Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:14 pm

The "Guns N' Roses Revisited" tour in South Asia was announced on July 31, 2005 (via HTGTH):
Steven Adler and Tracii Guns to play in Asia

Steven Adler and Tracii Guns will be playing shows in Asia later this year. The band is called "Guns N' Roses Revisited" and features, in addition to Steven and Tracii, Adler's Appetite members Sheldon Tarsha (Lead Vocals), Keri Kelli (Rhythm Guitar) and Robbie Crane (Bass).
The dates are:

JAKARTA, 24 August 2005 @ Tennis Indoor Senayan, Jakarta
MALANG, 26 August 2005 @ Velodrome / Stadion Gajayana Malang
BALI, 28 August 2005 (A Mild Live Soundrenaline) @ Pulau Serangan, Bali
YOGYAKARTA, 30 August 2005 @ Stadion Mandala Krida, Yogyakarta
MEDAN, 1 September 2005 @ Selecta Royal Ballroom Lt. 5, Medan
SINGAPORE, 3 September 2005 @ Singapore Expo
MANILA (Philippines), 5 September 2005 @ Araneta Colliseum

More info at the promoter's web site.

Source(s): http://www.tommypratama.com
Apparently the tour didn't happen.
Blackstar