APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Slash goes to Axl's house 2005

2 posters

Go down

Slash goes to Axl's house 2005 Empty Slash goes to Axl's house 2005

Post by Stiken Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1mbzo_WLc&feature=youtu.be

In the first part of this video, he's reading some sort of interview from Slash, do we know where´s that from?

Another question, besides this links:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-says-slash-made-unannounced-visit-to-his-home-in-october/
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-says-axl-rose-is-a-fat-botox-faced-wig-wearin-f-ck/

...is there other stories on "important" media regarding this topic?
Stiken
Stiken

Plectra : 1418

Back to top Go down

Slash goes to Axl's house 2005 Empty Re: Slash goes to Axl's house 2005

Post by Blackstar Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:57 am

Stiken wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1mbzo_WLc&feature=youtu.be

In the first part of this video, he's reading some sort of interview from Slash, do we know where´s that from?
He is reading from Slash's autobiography.
I had written this summary with links to articles at mygnrforum a while ago:

In 2006, there was a press release by Axl's lawyer
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3580-2006-03-06-press-release-by-axl-s-lawyer-in-response-to-lawsuit
regarding a lawsuit filed by Slash and Duff against him, where it was revealed that Slash had visited Axl's house on a night a few months before. The author of the press release claimed that Slash had said that he wanted the "war" between them to end admitting that Axl had won; also that he badmouthed his band mates in Velvet Revolver.

Slash didn't respond right away. Duff made a neutral comment:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3588-2006-03-10-launch-via-blabbermouth-duff-mckagan-responds-to-axl-rose

and Scott Weiland replied with a nasty "open letter"/rant against Axl on the VR website* (it was removed after a few days):
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3589-2006-03-13-ultimateguitar-com-scott-weiland-vs-axl-rose

Alan Niven also made a comment a few days later:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3590-2006-03-22-metal-sludge-former-guns-n-roses-manager-alan-niven-speaks

Two months later, Slash finally responded and denied everything:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t2996-2006-05-15-camp-freddy-radio-via-blabbermouth-slash-addresses-gn-r-rumors

About a year later, Scott claimed that Axl had been sending messages to him via Matt Sorum. Beta denied it on behalf of Axl and also clarified the night visit story a bit, saying it was her Slash had talked to that night and not Axl:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3535-2007-05-07-blabbermouth-scott-weiland-vs-axl-rose-part-ii

Then Slash finally admitted that he had indeed been to Axl's house that night but denied badmouthing his band mates in Velvet Revolver:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t2992-2007-05-22-home-news-tribune-via-blabbermouth-slash-admits-he-visited-axl-s-house-in-2005

Slash repeated the same in his book and added that he was drunk that night; also that his band mates in VR didn't believe him at first (apparently only Scott did) and thought he was scheming for a reunion with Axl behind their backs; and that he didn't like Scott talking shit about Axl. The excerpt from Slash's book:
It was around this time that Axl chose to send out a press release that did nothing but add fuel to the fire. It’s been widely documented, so I won’t do it justice by going into it all, but in short, Axl released a statement claiming that I’d come by his house, extremely coherent, early one morning to ask him to please settle the lawsuit between us that had been ongoing for years at this point. It also claimed that he and I talked for a while and that I had nothing but disparaging comments to make about Scott Weiland and everyone else in my band.

The truth is, I haven’t spoken a word to Axl personally since I left the band in 1996. It’s sad but true. I did go by his house one night but I was drunk—Perla wasn’t and she was driving. I walked up to the door and delivered a note that read something like “Let’s work this out. Call me.—Slash.” But I didn’t give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant.

In any case, Axl released his statement, and it was a big deal in the press because it was the first time Axl had gone public with his opinion about me, the lawsuit, or anything like that.

As I’ve said, this incident was widely reported in the press and on the Internet and anyone who is interested can go read all about it if they so choose.

The fact of the matter is, this incident and the resulting negative effect it had on Velvet Revolver was very unsettling to me; I can barely even talk about it still, let alone re-create it in detail here. I thought I was going to see everything I’d just finally gotten together fall apart.

First things first; the lawsuit was a nightmare that had gone on too long. For fear of further litigation, the easiest way to explain it is to say that since 2001 we were involved in a lawsuit over the rights and profits stemming from licensing and merchandise. It was a typical broken-up-bands litigation where one party complains of underpayment by another party. The road of rock and roll is littered with that kind of shit.

But what hurt the most was that I had to defend myself to my band. I showed up and insisted that what was alleged wasn’t true, but the way that Axl had written this thing made it sound so matter-of-fact that everyone seemed to think it was.

The guys were very dubious about accepting my story. At the same time I was very sincere about telling them the truth. At first I thought I should respond publically, and told my band I would, but later decided it would only complicate the issue and prolong it.

I wasn’t sure what to do; I still wanted to proceed—my credibility was riding on it. We had a band meeting a few days later and Scott didn’t show; it was obvious to me that since I hadn’t made a move, I’d let him down.

Then Scott released his own rebuttal. He attacked Axl on every level. And my instinctual reaction wasn’t “you’re right,” it was “you can’t talk shit about Axl!” I can talk shit about Axl, I can talk shit about Axl all day if I want to—that’s because I’ve had to deal with him for years. But neither Scott nor anyone else has that right.

Tensions in the band escalated as a result and I got my gear out of Matt Sorum’s home studio, where we’d been writing and rehearsing.

Word on the street was that I’d quit Velvet Revolver to rejoin Guns N’ Roses. I don’t know who started that rumor but it had legs long enough that it caused an exhausting internal battle. The media took a particular liking to that story: that Slash had ditched his former Guns bandmates to rejoin Axl in whatever his idea of Guns N’ Roses was going to be. At that point I think Chinese Democracy was still thought to be on the way any year now.

It looked like what I was doing was a fact, but for the fact that I wasn’t doing it. If you picked up any music paper around that time or listened to the radio or checked out blogs on the Internet, there was no avoiding it. It was etched in stone: I’d left Velvet Revolver, I was going back to Guns. The reality was that neither happened: during those few months I was just at home, recording musical ideas on my digital sixteen-track.

It literally was a waiting game: it took all of us a while to get past all of that bullshit. Finally, when it all went away, we got back to work. I just went over to Matt’s house one day like nothing had ever happened.

“Listen, man,” I said. “All of that was ridiculous and all of this is ridiculous. Can I tell you what really happened?”

“Yeah, man.”

I said my piece, relating the story once again as it had gone down. Clearly, time had proven that I had had no reunion with Axl and that I wasn’t rejoining Guns N’ Roses—because nothing had happened! That fact seemed to convince the guys that my version of events was the truth. I never felt that I’d needed to explain myself to those guys, but I had, which always pissed me off. But I got over it and so did they. After I had a one-on-one with Matt, I had one with Kirschner and then Duff and Scott. All in all, it was completely unnecessary drama, whether it was unsaid or not. I just didn’t have the time for it. But we got through it. And we’re all better for it today.

Scott later (shortly before he was fired from Velvet Revolver) took his online rant against Axl back and said that what he thought on Axl then was based on stories he had heard, but now his opinion had changed:
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3532-2008-06-dd-classic-rock-magazine-scott-weiland-i-understand-axl-rose-a-lot-more-now

And Marc Canter's comment:
Slash went to Axl's house to try to work out a lawsuit. The note said lets work this out or something like that. Perla was the one who pushed Slash to try to get back with Axl. She wanted a reunion more then anyone. As far as Slash talking shit about the VR guys, I'm sure it was true. Why did he lie about it at first, because he would have broke his bridge in VR if he didn't. In this case I would have also lied. Who wouldn't have? He tried to patch things up with Axl and if Scott knew about it, VR would have been over. This was the reason Slash didn't get up on stage with Steven in 2007 20th year gig. Scott was putting too much presser not to do some kind of reunion.
https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/189917-marc-thoughts-on-vrscott-weiland-and-slashs-supposed-visit-to-axls-home/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stiken Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Thank you soooo much!
Stiken
Stiken

Plectra : 1418

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:36 am

Stiken wrote:Thank you soooo much!

You're welcome Smile

Slash also addressed the visit in a couple of later interviews (after Velvet Revolver fell apart) saying that he apologised to Axl (without clarifying if he did that in his conversation with Beta or if he wrote it in the note he left for Axl) and that he was trying to reach out.

Q Magazine, August 2007:
Axl Rose issued a statement in March 2006 saying you turned up on his doorstep apologsing for the last 20 years of conflict. What really happened?

Slash: When VR started, we were promoting the new record and I was harbouring so much resentment about what happened at the end of GNR that i vented all my feelings  to the press. I had never got the shit off my chest. So I apolgised for all that. Recently VR had to induct Van Halen into the Rock N Roll hall of fame beacuse they were fighting and couldn't do it themselves. it changed my view. Fighting with band members is so childish.
Mojo, June 2008:
Some say that lines of communication between you and Axl are still open.

Slash: No, that's not true. But there were and still are lots of rumours, which was partly why I wrote my book. I left Guns quietly. No fanfare, no press release. I was pissed at Axl, obviously. My heart was in my boots. When he put somebody else 's playing on top of mine  [Paul Tobias on a cover of Sympathy For The Devil] that was certainly a factor, but mostly I was pissed because I felt like I was leaving my own band. There was a really ugly vibe that has lasted for years. When Velvet Revolver started, Duff and I did an international press tour to promote the record, and everybody was coming at me with Guns N' Roses questions because I hadn't really addressed the issues. I was like a cornered animal; anything that came out of my mouth was an attack on Axl and that sparked more animosity. But I have reached out to him a couple of times since to show that I'm not so . .. Well, not so bitter that I can't communicate. There's still part of me that loves a part of Axl. There's still a part of him I could relate to.

How did you reach out to him?

Slash: I went over to his house in the middle of the night drunk on JD.

That was the last time you saw him?

Slash: It was the last time I tried to see him. I wanted to put the kibosh on this fucking lawsuit [in which they contested rights over profits stemming from licensing and merchandise] so my plan was to speak with him and say, "Here's my number, let's sort this out." I'm pretty sure he was at home that night, but he didn't come to the door. I gave the message to his live-in assistant. That was the closest Axl and I have come to any kind of communication since I quit.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down