APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.05.07 - Blabbermouth - Scott Weiland Vs Axl Rose Part II

Go down

2007.05.07 - Blabbermouth - Scott Weiland Vs Axl Rose Part II Empty 2007.05.07 - Blabbermouth - Scott Weiland Vs Axl Rose Part II

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:04 am

Scott Weiland Vs. Axl Rose Part II

Matt Pains of Metromix Chicago recently interviewed Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland. When asked about his relationship (or lack thereof) with Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose, Weiland replied, "Oh, man. I have never spoken to him, but I've gotten messages from him through [Velvet Revolver/ex-Guns N' Roses drummer] Matt Sorum. They speak every once in awhile. I know that [Axl] was a fan of STP back in the early days of Guns. Well, I guess it wasn't the early days; it was just sort of mid-days, early-mid days ... I think that — depending on his mood — he vacillates between being into the idea [of Weiland playing with former Guns members] and kinda diggin' it and then hating my guts."

After reading the interview, the webmaster of the Guns N' Roses  fan site Here Today… Gone To Hell! contacted Beta Lebeis (Axl's assistant and close friend) to check the validity of Scott's quote. Here is her response:

"Though Axl spoke with Matt roughly a year ago, Scott doesn't interest Axl, there are no messages, no vacillating, no messages were given to Matt by Axl for Scott. In fact earlier on the same night that Axl ended up speaking with Matt when Scott saw Axl enter the same club that he and Matt were in, Scott immediately RAN out of the club which Axl's guests found mildly amusing, beyond that nothing. I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band. Behind the scenes it is a very different story than what the public is sold."

https://tinyurl.com/ycgbfgot
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2007.05.07 - Blabbermouth - Scott Weiland Vs Axl Rose Part II Empty Re: 2007.05.07 - Blabbermouth - Scott Weiland Vs Axl Rose Part II

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:07 am

The interview with Scott Weiland, Chicago Tribune, May 7, 2007:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex, psych meds & rock 'n' roll

By Matt Pais

It should come as no surprise that, largely due to voice concerns and scheduling conflicts, it took about 12 attempts to get Scott Weiland on the phone. The Velvet Revolver (and former Stone Temple Pilots) singer has always been unpredictable.

Throughout his career, Weiland has been plagued by drug problems, popping in and out of rehab. And -- on a less self-destructive level -- he's changed his hair color with astounding regularity. But he's also fronted STP, one of the biggest rock bands of the '90s, and Velvet Revolver, one of the few genuine hard rock bands of this century. The group, made up of Weiland, Dave Kushner, and Guns N' Roses alums Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, releases its second album, "Libertad," in July and was recently dubbed "the best rock 'n' roll band left on the planet" by Sammy Hagar.

After an old-fashioned, hard-partying rock 'n' roll career, Weiland has a lot to say. We got him talking while he was on his way to the airport in L.A.

How he's different from some other people: "No matter how many times I get hit and go down, I keep on getting back up. I keep on getting back up. And keep on getting back up. And keep on getting back up."

On life without drugs: "It's something that's been a whole different kind of world. I don't know, man. It's been a very trippy [freakin'] life."

On the new album: "I think when people listen to the record they'll hear a band that grew a lot from all the touring that we did supporting the first record and a band that's really [grown] to know each other and found its identity. And through that experience I think we ended up really being able to trust each other and have the balls to walk out to the edge and kinda say, 'Hey, the world's not flat. Go ahead, jump.' "

On being a band that makes albums, not just singles: "I tell ya, it's a lot harder now to do it, to fight the fight, than it was in the '90s. People pretty much gave us a free reign to do [whatever] we wanted to do. We still do that, but I tell ya, it's like goin' [freaking] 15 rounds with Muhammad Ali now. "

On his relationship (or lack thereof) with Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose: "Oh, man. I have never spoken to him, but I've gotten messages from him through [drummer] Matt Sorum. They speak every once in awhile. I know that he was a fan of STP back in the early days of Guns. Well, I guess it wasn't the early days; it was just sort of mid-days, early-mid days. ... I think that -- depending on his mood -- he vacillates between being into the idea [of Weiland playing with former Guns members] and kinda diggin' it and then hating my guts."

On Chicago: "It's one of my favorite cities. I grew up in Cleveland, so I'm a Midwest guy. There's amazing food; great, great weather in the summertime. I actually love the snow too. My wife always goes with me to Chicago so I always get laid. And she likes to go cuz there's amazing shopping. I love Chicago."

On touring these days: "It ain't the same world of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Well, you know, a lot of sex when my wife's on the road. It's pretty good too. Chicago's always a fun place for it ... sex, psych meds, and rock 'n' roll."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down