APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1998.02.05 - Los Angeles Daily News - [Guns N' Lawsuits]

Go down

1998.02.05 - Los Angeles Daily News - [Guns N' Lawsuits] Empty 1998.02.05 - Los Angeles Daily News - [Guns N' Lawsuits]

Post by Blackstar Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:21 pm

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose is working on new songs, and that's about all that's going on musically with the erstwhile megaband as you read this. But that isn't keeping GNR from having to deal with legal trouble. A royalty dispute over the songs "Shadow of Your Love'' and "Back Off, B----'' has now erupted into a lawsuit.

Musician-songwriter Chris Weber, who played with Rose in a band that was a precursor to GNR, and his manager, Gregory Ehrlich, started the civil action aimed against Rose two weeks ago.

"I'm not overly concerned about it,'' says Doug Goldstein, manager of Rose and Guns N' Roses, the legal entity. "Basically, it's a nuisance lawsuit. I checked with all the clients I represent, and they vehemently deny his (Weber's) writing those two songs. In fact, one of the songs was written before he was even in the band, according to Axl.'' Not according to Ehrlich, who claims to have a 1983 videotape of Rose and Weber performing the song together. Says Goldstein, "I've been hearing about that video for four years and have yet to see it.''
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down