APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1994.11.11 - MTV - Interview with Slash

Go down

1994.11.11 - MTV - Interview with Slash Empty 1994.11.11 - MTV - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

Transcript:
-----------------

Slash: I like pinball because it’s physical and it’s definitely more rock ‘n’ roll. Video games are wimpy. I got really hooked at it, you know? And I thought, well, they haven’t done a rock ‘n’ roll machine in about 15 years. I think the last one was Ted Nugent. So I thought Guns could probably get away with making a machine at this point.

Voice-over: So Slash approached Data East Pinball and the Guns N’ Roses game was born.

Slash: It’s definitely a hip game. Plus, it’s the first game that’s ever had real guitars. It’s the loudest one made today. So I’m really proud of it.

Voice-over: (?) eight GN’R classics, the machine also plays some unreleased material.

Slash: There’s a song called Ain’t Going Down, which we just never finished, and we have a chorus for it, so I figured we’d use that, you know, and finally get it out there. So now that we’ve done it we have to actually record it.

Voice-over: But that may have to wait a while, since Slash has been busy with a side project, Snakepit, a reference to his fondness for the slithery creatures. The eclectic group consists of Slash on guitar, ex-Guns rhythm guitarist Gilby Clarke, Alice In Chains’ bassist Mike Inez, Guns’ drummer Matt Sorum and Jellyfish guitarist Eric Dover on vocals.

Slash: The reason it’s called “Snakepit” and not “Slash” something or “Slash” in general, is it’s really a band, so we collaborated a lot, because, for one, we were forced to, and for two because none of us have really all worked together as a band. So we all had a lot of input to get the basic idea across as to what we all sound like together.

Voice-over: Slash plans to tour with Snakepit in February. But fans must be wondering when to expect the next Guns N’ Roses record.

Slash: We’ve talking about it for the last year. We just haven’t really - you know, with the absence of Gilby there was a hole in the band. Then there was a new guy that came in, but we haven’t really all come to a cohesive decision as to what exactly we’re gonna do.

Voice-over: With no album on the way just yet, fans of the full band will have to be satisfied with their cover of Sympathy For The Devil on the soundtrack of the new Tom Cruise movie, Interview With The Vampire.

Slash: It was an offer that I thought it was a great plot to get Guns more or less together and just start working as a unit. But I think we pulled it off really well, compared to a lot of other bands that would have been offered to do it, that I don’t think could have gotten to the vibe as well.

Voice-over: Meanwhile, Slash may be embarking on a different kind of performance career with an appearance next season on Tales From The Crypt.

Slash: I don’t have an acting career. I only did it cuz it’s Tails, and that’s my favorite, all-time favorite TV show. I’m, like, the cool DJ that’s got the prime time slot.

[Scene from Tales From The Crypt]

Last edited by Blackstar on Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

1994.11.11 - MTV - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 1994.11.11 - MTV - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:10 pm

I had figured the date of this was sometime in October, but according to the archive @Surge sent, it was aired on November 11, so I corrected the title.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down