APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling

Go down

1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling Empty 1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 pm

1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling Vf2X4XavSdui6w1N1FqK+Utennavn

1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling Rzv2WGFSQnCTKrFxlqb6+Utennavn1

Thanks to @Euchre for sending us this article!

Transcript:

FORMER GUNS N' Roses drummer Steven Adler has launched an astonishing attack on his ex-bandmates, claiming he was kicked out of Guns for standing up to singer W. Axl Rose.

Adler claimed in US magazine Circus that he was made "a scapegoat" for delays in the recording of the 'Use Your Illusion' albums. "They fired me to make themselves look good, because the record company was getting on their case."

Adler acknowledges that he had a drug problem, but countered that so did Rose and guitarist Slash. The drummer said that most of the delays to the recently released albums were due to Rose's failure to attend rehearsals and writing sessions.

Adler also claims that he had a hand in writing much of the new material. "It was me, Slash and Duff (IVIcKagan) that were in the studio writing the music. And a lot of the new songs are old songs we wrote together years ago - 'Don't Cry', and a whole bunch of them. Those songs meant a lot to me, and they got somebody else to play the parts I came up with."

The drummer's sacking was, he claims, bought about by his willingness to stand up to Rose when no-one else in the band would. "I'd be the one to confront him, 'cos everyone else was scared. We had Act get his own tourbus because we couldn't stand being on the bus with him. Izzy Stradlin. wouldn't even hang out. He doesn't even like Axl. (A claim seemingly born out by Stradlin's recent decision not to continue touring with Guns N' Roses.)

"Axl would leave the stage in the middle of almost every show. Every band we opened for - Motley Crde, Aerosmith - he got them pissed off at us."

Adler is currently sueing Guns N' Roses for unspecified damages. He is demanding royalties for his contributions to the 'Use Your Illusion' albums, plus damages for the defamation of his character.

"It (his reputation) was destroyed. I had an otter to play with AC/DC. Then Axl went on MTV and said I was an addict and couldn't play drums anymore. So AC/DC said `no way'."

Guns N' Roses have officially denied Adler's allegations, and claim that all charges will be answered in court.

Adler is currently putting together a new outfit with vocalist Davy Vain, possibly monikered Road Crew. Watch out for a mega interview with the pair in these very pages soon!

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77299

Back to top Go down

1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling Empty Re: 1991.10.26 - Kerrang! - Adler Strikes Back...Roses left Reeling

Post by Soulmonster Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Nothing new here. Just Kerrang! writing about the things Steven said in the Circus interview. But interestingly, this issue is dated before the Circus issue.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77299

Back to top Go down