APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic

Go down

2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic Empty 2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:10 pm

SETLIST:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Better
07. Live and Let Die
08. This I Love
09. Rocket Queen
10. Scraped
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Street of Dreams
13. Sweet Child o' Mine
14. November Rain
15. I.R.S.
16. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
17. Shackler's Revenge
18. Nightrain
19. Madagascar
20. Patience
21. Whole Lotta Rosie
22. Paradise City

'Street of Dreams' was stopped due to equipment issues.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic Empty Re: 2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Post-show tweets:

gunsnroses Prague -> fun fun fun... thank you so much to the Czech folks and those who travelled in for the show last night!. Next up Antwerp 30-Sep!

DjASHBA G'morning Prague!!! *yawn* Good times had by all!!!! Need breakfast!!!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic Empty Re: 2010.09.27. - Prague, Czech Republic

Post by Soulmonster Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

This was GN'R's 2nd concert in the Czech Republic. With this concert 'Rocket Queen' has now been played more times than 'My Michelle' (207 vs 206 times).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:40 am

I have finally figured out that this anecdote from Bumble, which he has told on a few occasions, must be form this Prague show in 2010 and not the show in 2006 (since they had two full days off between shows):

One time that always comes to mind... in Prague, after a show, I'll give the quick version. A bar opened for us at 4 in the morning to all hang out in, there was one guy that went in and wouldn't leave and was telling people he was the band's manager (he didn't know but he was telling this TO the band's manager.) So you have guys from the band Nazareth with us at bar talking music (someone asks them a random question about show tunes and they're like "What????"), I'm next to them with two European models who are teaching me how to speak Slovakian, and next to me is a brutal bar fight with the guy that won't leave who starts swinging at the manager, literally blood splatter on the walls, while all being served varieties of local versions of Jagermeister. We go upstairs to keep partying in the hotel suite, and the guy who was fighting us is waiting for us upstairs, bruised up, with his family, and a camera, all with big smiles. He wanted autographs and photos. We took pics, we then went upstairs and hung out for about 20 hours until I had to leave and get on a plane for the next show. That's a typical night out.

Share some anecdotes. Okay, so the weirdest story I can remember is this one time in Prague, we had just finished performing. It was six in the morning. The hotel opened up the bar downstairs for us. So it was just us, except for this one kid, probably in his 20s, sloshed. We heard him telling the manager of the band, 'I am the manager of this band.' And we were like, 'Really!' and the kid refused to leave. So there was a full-fledged bar fight going on downstairs, while I was talking to these two Slovakian models who were teaching me the language. Beside me, there was another touring member of the band, absolutely zonked out, trying to teach music to these women. So he shouted, 'Do you like show tunes?' and these two were like, 'What the hell is he talking about?'

Picture all this going on at the same time! And then upstairs, we found the guy, blurred, along with his parents, and a camera. So, I went to him. And he said, 'I am really sorry, I am so drunk! Can my parents take a picture of me with you guys?'. We clicked a picture with this kid, who we had just beaten up. How weird is that! Then we went to the room of Axl (Rose), the frontman of our band, and talked for about 20 hours. The only reason I had to leave was because I had to get on the plane to get to the next country for a gig. Then Axl arrived, he was miffed and said, 'I thought we had two days off between the gigs', and I was like, 'You did man, you talked through both days! The shades were down, so you didn't see the sun rise or set!' With him, you are in the AXL time zone, an odd vortex where time and space defy the laws of physics. I have been living in that zone for seven years now!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down