APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1995.09.07 - MTV - Interview with Slash at the VMA's

2 posters

Go down

1995.09.07 - MTV - Interview with Slash at the VMA's Empty 1995.09.07 - MTV - Interview with Slash at the VMA's

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:10 pm

Transcript:

Kurt Loder: Thank you, Chris. Slash is here. Slash, you must have tons of time, you're here with Michael Jackson tonight. How'd that come about?

Slash: I was in my kitchen at home and he calls me. The strangest thing in the world is have Michael Jackson call you up when you're trying to clean the kitchen [laughs].

KL: I can imagine.

Slash: And so he asked me if I wanted to do it, and, you know, we've been friends for a while so I said, "Yeah." That was basically it.

KL: How about this other band you're in? [laughs]. No, not Snakepit. What's with Guns N' Roses, what's the deal?

Slash: Oh, with Guns, right. [laughs] The Guns N' Roses thing is we're just trying to get it together, you know, trying to get the wheels turning so that we can get a record done and go back and do what we do. But I've been gone for a while. I just talked to Duff today, I talked to Axl the other day, so there's a lot going on. We're trying to figure it all out.

KL: Is there material?

Slash: Well, we've worked on different things. I know Axl has worked on a lot of stuff. There was stuff before the Snakepit record came out that we worked on together. And so as far as like accumulating all the material and making it cohesive, you know, that's something we have to work on.

KL: [?] Michael Jackson thing that I understand, it's like orchestras, choirs, smoke bombs - I'm trying to picture how you fit into this.

Slash: I mean, I just came in with my guitar and that's it, you know, I just jam.

KL: You're the guy wandering in with the guitar?

Slash: Yeah, yeah.

KL: Are you gonna be in town for a while? [looking] What are these people doing over here?

Slash: [?] Whenever the limousines come up I think they're just-

KL: Okay, let's see what's happening down on limo world - Allison, are you there?
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

1995.09.07 - MTV - Interview with Slash at the VMA's Empty Re: 1995.09.07 - MTV - Interview with Slash at the VMA's

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:48 am

Transcribed.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down