APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1995.02.DD - MTV - Interview with Slash

Go down

1995.02.DD - MTV - Interview with Slash Empty 1995.02.DD - MTV - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Transcript:
----------------

Tabitha Soren: ... since we’ve heard from Guns N’ Roses. But guitarist Slash has just released his first solo album, It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere is what it’s called. He calls his band Slash’s Snakepit, but it has a few Gunners in it, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and drummer Matt Sorum, as well as ex-Gunner Gilby Clarke, and they’re playing songs that could have turned up on a GN’R album, and that led to some of the much rumored recent friction between Slash and Axl Rose, as Slash told us recently.

Slash: I played some of the stuff for Axl and he didn’t seem to take to it too well. So I kept it and – I mean, it could have been Guns N’ Roses material at the time, if he’d been really into it, but that wasn’t a musical direction that he wanted to go.

[Clip from Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door performance]

Slash: Axl at some point decided that he wanted certain songs back and they were already - the album was already finished by that point. It sort of was a shock to him that it was done so quickly, you know? And then he was like, “Well, I want those songs back,” and I was like, “No, it’s too late, they’re gone.” And so we’ve come to terms about it at this point, but there was a little bit of friction there for a while.

Tabitha Soren: Meanwhile, sources close to Guns N’ Roses confirm a report in the new issue of Metal Edge Magazine that Slash has been jamming with former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde. Whether it was a whim or an audition for a Snakepit touring slot or as a replacement for Gilby Clarke in GN’R is not yet clear, but we’ll keep you posted.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down