APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Last pic of the AFD lineup?

3 posters

Go down

Last pic of the AFD lineup? Empty Last pic of the AFD lineup?

Post by Wilco Mon 29 Aug 2022 - 3:44

Am curious if there’s any full band shots or pro portraits from 89/ 1990 before Steve was fired?
Wilco
Wilco

Plectra : 1432

Back to top Go down

Last pic of the AFD lineup? Empty Re: Last pic of the AFD lineup?

Post by Blackstar Mon 29 Aug 2022 - 4:12

No, I don't think there are. They didn't have an album or a tour to promote at that time. The closest to it from that period was the picture with The Rolling Stones, but Slash was missing.

Last pic of the AFD lineup? 4wjqwa10
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon 29 Aug 2022 - 8:17

Slash would have to admit never meeting the guys in The Rolling Stones due to being strung out on smack:

I never met them. The reason I didn't meet the Stones, one was that I was high out of my gourd - that was during my real wasted days, and basically when you are high like that you don't care who it was; nothing was more important that getting on with what I had to get on with. The other thing was to meet the Stones - there was so much like putting Guns N' Roses up against the Stones, and every time you would be in the same room there would be 50 paparazzi guys taking pictures: Slash and Keith Richards, that whole big generation rock band bad boys bullshit. Basically I wanted to meet them on a more personable level, so I never made any efforts to meet them at all, and when the band did a photo with them I just didn't show up.

We played with the Stones, and I didn’t even meet the Stones when we played with them. If you ever see a picture of Guns and the Stones, I’m the only guy missing, because I was too busy in the limo (laughs).

But also because he hated the inevitable comparisons between Guns N' Roses and the Rolling Stones:

[Being compared to the Stones]: Those kind of labels hit us all the time. That's one reason why, when we played with the Stones, I never took a picture with them or even made an effort to meet them. I'd love to meet them, but not on that level. There were so many paparazzi around. You know the theme: bad boy band of one era meets the new model? Screw that!

And because he was "humble":

We toured with the Stones for three weeks. If you ever see pictures of G&R and the Stones together, I wasn’t in them. Why? I was very humbled by the Stones.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76583

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down