APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash

Go down

2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash  Empty 2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu 20 Jan 2022 - 16:36

[...]

Slash: It’s the American rock event of the year. There’s nothing else like it, so it’s great to get down here and we’re gonna get to play tonight, so I’m excited.

Dee Snider: That’s actually a great quote, “the American rock event.” Get in here, Liz, do you know Slash?

Lzzy Hale (Halestorm): Yes. I love your work. I love your work.

Dee Snider: Yes. You know, I’m gonna ask the question, but I’m not gonna ask you for the answer, I’m gonna give the answer. Somebody just said to me today it’s official Axl is not gonna sing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and I said it’s crap. I said if he can’t put this stuff aside for an event like that, for a recognition like that, to do the cool thing, and just in respect for what you guys have done, I think it’s totally screwed up.

Slash: I’m not gonna comment on all that, but I’ll be there, so…

Dee Snider: Exactly, well, you’re always there.

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu 20 Jan 2022 - 17:22; edited 2 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down

2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash  Empty Re: 2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu 20 Jan 2022 - 16:58

Blabbermouth, April 12, 2012:
-------------------------------------

Duff McKagan Presents 'Riff Lord' Award To Slash At 'Revolver Golden Gods Awards'

Duff McKagan presented the "Riff Lord" award to his former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver bandmate Slash at the fourth annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards show, which was held last night (Wednesday, April 11) at Club Nokia in Downtown Los Angeles.

For the first time ever, Revolver Golden Gods Awards was broadcast live in its entirety on Xbox LIVE, as well as on the Xbox and Revolver Facebook pages.

Slash's second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", will be released on May 22 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI. In the U.K., the album will be made available on May 21 in exclusive Classic Rock Fan Pack form — providing a unique collectable package containing the studio album with bonus tracks alongside a specially created magazine with unseen behind-the-scenes content put together by Classic Rock. The Fan Pack format will also come with free gifts, including a pin badge and artwork poster and will be available to buy via more than 2000 retail outlets on newsstands nationally as well as the traditional high street and online music retailers. Roadrunner Records will simultaneously release the record digitally. The standard physical release of the Slash album will follow through Roadrunner Records on June 18.

For the new album, Slash — along with and his bandmates Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums) and Todd Kerns (bass) — teamed with producer Eric Valentine, who also produced the "Slash" disc. All the songs were written together by Slash and Kennedy, and cameras have been rolling throughout the entire making of the album.

On Saturday, April 7, Slash shot a "dark" video for the song "You're A Lie" with director Anthony Leonardi III. Leonardi is also helming the first feature film produced by Slash, called "Nothing To Fear", which was recently picked up for distribution by Anchor Bay Entertainment. The movie is the first of a proposed series of horror films produced by Slash's company, called Slasher Films, which he launched last year in partnership with two other producers. The film began shooting last month in Louisiana, with Anne Heche and others confirmed for the cast.

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-presents-riff-lord-award-to-slash-at-revolver-golden-gods-awards-video/

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu 20 Jan 2022 - 17:00; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash  Empty Re: 2012.04.11 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu 20 Jan 2022 - 17:00

Report and interview from Artisan News, April 12, 2012:

[...]

Voice-over: Slash took home the “Riff Lord” honor, which was presented by Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver bandmate Duff McKagan. Slash talked about his performance with Myles Kennedy for the Revolver Golden Gods Awards.

Slash: Well, you know, like, water sports comes to mind right away (laughs). Well, what do you think of Golden God… I just think of golden showers. Anyway, that went… Anyway, I don’t know where that name came from. I think maybe Robert Plant? I’m not sure. But anyway, when I think of this particular event though, I just think of an acknowledgment of everything that’s hard rock and heavy metal. I’m looking forward to performing. We’re gonna play a new song, the single off our new record, so I’m excited about that. We also got a special thing coming up with a special guest, which is gonna be really cool, but I can’t tell you right now. It’s somebody that I’ve admired for a long time, I’ve worked with before, and just one of the great rock ‘n’ roll personalities and singers and…

[...]

Slash's special guest was Alice Cooper (they performed School's Out).
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down