APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.03.22 - Billboard - Guns N’ Roses Have ‘No Real Plans’ For Rock Hall Performance (Matt)

Go down

2012.03.22 - Billboard - Guns N’ Roses Have ‘No Real Plans’ For Rock Hall Performance (Matt) Empty 2012.03.22 - Billboard - Guns N’ Roses Have ‘No Real Plans’ For Rock Hall Performance (Matt)

Post by Blackstar Mon 17 Jan 2022 - 0:26

Guns N’ Roses Have ‘No Real Plans’ For Rock Hall Performance

By Gary Graff

Nobody, it seems — including current and former band members — know whether Guns N’ Roses will wind up playing at their April 12 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in Cleveland. But they’ll certainly be in close enough proximity to talk about it.

“We’re all sitting at the same table, so it should be cool,” former drummer Matt Sorum told Billboard.com at the red carpet premiere of “Sunset Strip,” the new documentary he co-produced, at last week’s South By Southwest Film Festival. “After we get a little bit of food in us, hopefully someone will get up and want to play, but I don’t know. I’m not the guy to ask. I just hope it works out.”

Sorum — who replaced original GN’R drummer Steven Adler in 1989 — spouted what’s been the party line that “there’s no real plans,” but he added that the uncertainty is “in tradition, Guns N’ Roses style.” He also said he’d be “fine playing tambourine” if necessary, and even just jamming with the group Paul Shaffer is putting together for the ceremony. And, Sorum noted, getting into the Rock Hall will be more than enough for him to enjoy the evening.

“I feel great about it,” he said. “I`m glad I made the cut. I don’t know who that secret society is that votes you into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I’m glad I have some friends in there, somehow. The original band got in and I got in and (keyboardist) Dizzy Reed and that’s it, seven of us. It’ll be a great night.”

Meanwhile, Sorum is happy to see “Sunset Strip” rolling out, though he described producing as “more of a moving parts thing. This film was a lot about relationships, so I had to bring in a lot of my friends for, like nothing, so I used up a lot of favors. I think I owe now, but it’s cool. We’ve got a great cast.” He also explained that the film “isn’t just about the 80s. It spans about 80 years on the strip, so we start in the 20s, when they were doing some debaucherous, fun stuff out there way before you heard the name ‘rock star.’ There’s so much more history than just the 80s rock thing; that’s been told a million times, though we do have that in the film and we got people like Tommy Lee and Slash.”

In addition to the film, Sorum has been busy producing albums for the band Diamond Baby and also for former Runaways singer Cherie Currie, whose set will feature guests such as Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan, Slash, the Veronicas and Brody Dalle (the Distillers, Spinnerette).

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-have-no-real-plans-for-rock-hall-performance-499404/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87322

Back to top Go down